Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 11th October 2013, 16:23   #1561  |  Link
Cedvano

If someone know something about X264licensing ?
There are 3D MVC in premium option.
Cedvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 23:25   #1562  |  Link
Nico8583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
I have made about 30 movies with this method and never had a problem :
- I extract all tracks I want with eac3to and pipe left/right eyes output to MVCCombine
- I mux MVCCombine file to M2TS old with TsMuxer (last "old" version)
- I create 2 AVS files with DirectShowMVCSource.dll plugin, one for left eye, one for right file
- I open these files in TotalCode Pro and can encode without problem for all movies but not fort Avatar or Titanic :/
Same issue with Ice Age 3 and if I use TsMuxer to create M2TS, encode don't work or crash :/
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 00:23   #1563  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Same issue with Ice Age 3 and if I use TsMuxer to create M2TS, encode don't work or crash :/
So you are not able to save base and dependent view with help of DirectShowMVCSource? I did with few and it worked. I can try avatar and transformers if it helps to test it.
Also you do know totalcode pro need separate files for both views and embedding into one is not a option.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 07:18   #1564  |  Link
Nico8583

I have made several films with the method TotalCode Pro and both views embedded into one (extract with eac3to, combine with MVCCombine and mux with TsMuxer) and no problem but with 20th fox titles it doesn't work. For example, Transformers 3 3D is OK because it's a Paramount Films but Avatar, Titanic and Ice Age 3 no.
I have tried to invert NALUs with MVCCombine but the same result.
Old 12th October 2013, 18:01   #1565  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
I have made several films with the method TotalCode Pro and both views embedded into one (extract with eac3to, combine with MVCCombine and mux with TsMuxer) and no problem but with 20th fox titles it doesn't work. For example, Transformers 3 3D is OK because it's a Paramount Films but Avatar, Titanic and Ice Age 3 no.
I have tried to invert NALUs with MVCCombine but the same result.
Hmm, that is interesting. Does totalcode pro give you option to specify separate base and dependent view and then feed those views to encoder. I was thinking try separating views for each eye and then encode them and see if it works.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 10:45   #1566  |  Link
Nico8583

I have tried to separate base and dependent view and the error is the same but resolution in error message is different :
- When I use MVCCombine and launch TotalCode, error message is "image resolution (644 x 56 and 660 x 56)"
- When I use separate files and launch TotalCode, error message is "image resolution (612 x 56 and 624 x 56)"
Old 13th October 2013, 11:27   #1567  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedvano View Post
If someone know something about X264licensing ?
There are 3D MVC in premium option.
Looks like the licensing is linked to CoreCodec? CoreCodec seem to offer a Decoder only rather than an MVC Encoder. Moreover there seem to be some doubts with CoreCodec here.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 07:04   #1568  |  Link
Cedvano

I have a MVC encoder in DLL. If someone can make something with this.

Libmvc.dll
Old 1st November 2013, 03:52   #1569  |  Link
Thalyn

Now this could have interesting implications for us 3D folk:

http://blogs.cisco.com/collaboration...rriers-webrtc/

If Cisco has an MVC license, would that be included in their H.264 codec? And, equally importantly, could that then be something usable for our purposes - either decoding or encoding?
Thalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2013, 08:36   #1570  |  Link
Cedvano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalyn View Post
Now this could have interesting implications for us 3D folk:

http://blogs.cisco.com/collaboration...rriers-webrtc/

If Cisco has an MVC license, would that be included in their H.264 codec? And, equally importantly, could that then be something usable for our purposes - either decoding or encoding?
Cisco don't speak about MVC, but they use the JVT MVC Encoding (like Nokia).
Old 10th November 2013, 13:35   #1571  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

MVCCombine timeout problem when using pipes

@Neisklar:

I've tried to encode Monsters University with BD3D2MK3D, but I have had several problems. The MPLS is made of 148 different SSIF parts! That means that eac3to on my PC has to work hard during 3.5 minutes just to retrieve the streams numbers! Of course, it is not possible to encode that movie directly with DirectShowMVCSource or ssifsource2, due to the well known tineout problem. Therefore I have tried to use MVCCombine to produce a single combined video file, easier to encode. But here again I have had a timeout problem. I have used the MVCCombine GUI integrated in BD3D2MK3D to demux and combine the streams in one shot, using the named pipes. The problem is that MVCCombine gives up and closes the pipes much before eac3to begins to demux the streams, due to the huge delay eac3to needs to determine the stream numbers.

Finally, I have had to demux the streams with eac3to alone, and then combine them from HDD with MVCCombine. Of course, I have also had to mux them to M2TS. Total: about 2 hours of constant intense disc activity, just to have a video stream that can be encoded without problem.

Neisklar, can you modify MVCCombine to increase its timeout when waiting for data in the pipes? IMO, it should be at least 5 minutes or so. Another possibility would be to add a command line option to pass the timeout, and leave it by default at its current value. (The second possibility is better IMO, as it permits to increase the timeout intelligently, according to the number of parts in the MPLS.)

Also, have you tried to add the possibility to mux to M2TS directly in MVCCombine? That would speed up the process much, but I don't know if it's easy to do.

I have the intention to modify BD3D2MK3D to encode using the MVCCombine method automatically when there are too many parts in the current MPLS, but of course, I need working pipes, regardless of the number of parts.

Thanks in advance!
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 00:36   #1572  |  Link
frencher
French Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
@Neisklar:

I've tried to encode Monsters University with BD3D2MK3D, but I have had several problems. The MPLS is made of 148 different SSIF parts! That means that eac3to on my PC has to work hard during 3.5 minutes just to retrieve the streams numbers! Of course, it is not possible to encode that movie directly with DirectShowMVCSource or ssifsource2, due to the well known tineout problem. Therefore I have tried to use MVCCombine to produce a single combined video file, easier to encode. But here again I have had a timeout problem. I have used the MVCCombine GUI integrated in BD3D2MK3D to demux and combine the streams in one shot, using the named pipes. The problem is that MVCCombine gives up and closes the pipes much before eac3to begins to demux the streams, due to the huge delay eac3to needs to determine the stream numbers.

Finally, I have had to demux the streams with eac3to alone, and then combine them from HDD with MVCCombine. Of course, I have also had to mux them to M2TS. Total: about 2 hours of constant intense disc activity, just to have a video stream that can be encoded without problem.

Neisklar, can you modify MVCCombine to increase its timeout when waiting for data in the pipes? IMO, it should be at least 5 minutes or so. Another possibility would be to add a command line option to pass the timeout, and leave it by default at its current value. (The second possibility is better IMO, as it permits to increase the timeout intelligently, according to the number of parts in the MPLS.)

Also, have you tried to add the possibility to mux to M2TS directly in MVCCombine? That would speed up the process much, but I don't know if it's easy to do.

I have the intention to modify BD3D2MK3D to encode using the MVCCombine method automatically when there are too many parts in the current MPLS, but of course, I need working pipes, regardless of the number of parts.

Thanks in advance!
Try tsMuxer 3D

3DBD's Free - v0.0.0.0005.exe Old

Programing free for all.
frencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 10:37   #1573  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, it's a muxer. But is it able to create a CombinedMVC.M2TS file in one shot, exactly like eac3to + MVCCombine + the original tsMuxeR ?

Ideally, I need something that can create the M2TS file with the AVC and MVC streams directly from the blu-ray, without writing intermediate files on HDD. Is it possible with tsMuxeR Update for BD ? Have you tried it ?
Old 11th November 2013, 11:04   #1574  |  Link
Cedvano

Yes, create the BD folder (without audio) on your HDD and work with this. That's work fine.
Old 11th November 2013, 11:24   #1575  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum, currently, I just did a simple test and I've created a single M2TS file with the 2 video streams combined plus a single audio stream. I'm currently encoding it to SBS. It seems to work, but I still have to test with a "difficult" BD with seamless branching and a lot of SSIF files in the MPLS. Anyway, I don't need to create a BD folder on HDD.

A good point with that version of tsMuxeR is that it can generate the M2TS file with everything needed later (except perhaps the chapter points). That means that I can use it to extract the video, audio and subtitles in one shot, then encode without problem, and mux the SBS or TB version from the encoded x264 video and the audio and subtitles from the M2TS. There is no need to use eac3to, and everything can be extracted in one single pass. (I'm still not sure it is possible to create 3D subs directly from the M2TS, or if tsMuxeR can create them directly, but I'll read the thread later...)

However, currently, I don't understand how the stream numbers necessary to identify the streams to extract are computed. I don't know yet how to retrieve the list of streams from the MPLS. I have a lot of things to learn, but it seems that that muxer can solve a lot of our problems. I didn't know it. Good finding, Frencher. :-)
Old 11th November 2013, 15:20   #1576  |  Link
slavanap

The update to ssifSource: now MP4Splitter.dll support added (JVC MVC video): http://sendfile.su/894673
It requires MPEGSplitter.dll MatroskaSplitter.dll MP4Splitter.dll to work with ssif, mkv, mp4; and CoreAVCDecoder.dll, of course.

P.S. Excuse me for short announce (no time to write a full reply).

Last edited by slavanap; 11th November 2013 at 15:23.
slavanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 16:23   #1577  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
@Slavanap:

Well, I have tried again with the previous beta, and this time, I have had exactly the same result with ssifsource3() than with ssifsource2(). There are still additional or missing frames from time to time, but encoding with x264 32-bit or with avs2yuv and x264_x64 work the same way. I don't understand why, as nothing has changed since my last tests. I remember I've previewed the movie and I did several seeks with AvsPMod before launching the encoding, but that should have no impact. Anyay, consider this problem as solved. If I can reproduce it, I'll let you know.

I did also some tests with the latest beta. Unfortunately, the sync problem persists, but again I don't understand it.

When I preview the AVS script with AvsPMod, all frames are in sync, so everything seems perfect.

But when I encode the movie with avs2yuv and x264_x64, there are 2 additional frames in the MVC stream at the very beginning of the video. (It seems that no dupes are added later, but I'm not sure).

Then I did another test with x264 32-bit, and I've seen a lot of "Duplicate frame added" warnings. I've decided to start again but this time I've added "> x264.log" to the command to capture the error messages. Strangely, there were no warning any more, in the command prompt window or in the log. There are NO additional frames at the beginning any more. :-)
Here is the content of the log:
Code:
ssifSource3: adding file Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00000.ssif with 0 frames to sequences list. Have to load flag is TRUE

ssifSource2: framecount autodetect mode on. looking for 'Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\..\00000.M2TS' file...
ssifSource2: DSS2 function does not exists. Please add DSS2 plugin (avss.dll) to Avisynth plugins to make this feature work.
ssifSource2: framecount directshow value is 4898
Is the DSS2 function really necessary? It seems that ssifsource3() works as expected without it. Note also that I have installed the Haali MatroskaSplitter, and it contains the avss.dll file, but it is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter". Is it sufficient to move or copy it to the avisynth plugins directory?

Then, I've tried again to encode with x264 32-bit without the redirection to the log file. It tooks a very long time to start the encoding, and again I see the error messages. Here are a few of them:
Code:
"D:\NoInstall\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\stereoplayer.exe\x264.exe" --crf 23 --preset medium --profile high --level 4.1 ^
--keyint 96 --output "00000_m2ts.264" "_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs"

ssifSource3: adding file Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00000.ssif with 0 frames to sequences list. Have to load flag is TRUE

ssifSource2: framecount autodetect mode on. looking for 'Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\..\00000.M2TS' file...
ssifSource2: DSS2 function does not exists. Please add DSS2 plugin (avss.dll) to Avisynth plugins to make this feature work.
ssifSource2: framecount directshow value is 4898
avs [info]: 1920x1080p 0:0 @ 24000/1001 fps (cfr)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.1 Cache64
x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.1

ssifSource2: Decoding frame timeout reached!!! Frame #     3 duplicate added (debug: g03937998 m03937830 s03937998)

ssifSource2: End of graph. Frame #     4 duplicate added (debug: g03937830 m03937830 s03937998)
I had to stop the command to be able to copy/paste the messages here, so I've started the command again (without any modification), and this time, there are again no error messages, but there is a missing frame at the beginning of the MVC view. How is it possible that exactly the same command launched in exactly the same conditions can give different results? I'm puzzled.

I did all tests with the number of frames set to 0 in the AVS script. If you want tests with the correct number of frames, please let me know.

I will check again later, with the avss.dll correctly installed...
One command can give you different results because of timeout for decoding one frame. Without this timeout the plugin can hang forever. I've experienced few times that the CoreAVC decoder hangs at the last frame in the sequence, so I've added this timeout. This timeout is 60 seconds for one frame. And I can increase it if necessary.

P.S. And reading from the disc can take different time every time you launch it. The second one will be faster because of cache.
Old 11th November 2013, 18:04   #1578  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
I did a lot of new ssifsource3() tests, with and without the avss.dll, and with and without the number of frames in the ssifsource3() command. All tests have been made with a single SSIF file.

Apparently, right after a reboot, ssifsource3() works perfectly. There is no left/right sync problem, no timeout and no "duplicate added" error messages. But if you launch the same encoding again, the timeout and "duplicate added" error happen. Same thing if you reboot, launch AvsPMod (even without previewing the video), quit it, and then encode the script. If you reboot again, the script can be encoded successfully again. Obviously, there is something wrong when avisynth is initialised for the second time. I don't know if it is possible to "reset" avisynth before starting the script, but I've tried to edit my Win8 registry to automatically unload the DLLs that are not used any more. Unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problem.

Note that the presence or absence of avss.dll in the avisynth's plugins folder doesn't change anything (except that the warnings about DSS2 is not shown when the dll is present.

I have also tested an encode of several times the same SSIF file, with this command: SsifSource3("Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00000.ssif;48;Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00000.ssif;48;Z:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00000.ssif;1000", avc_view = true, mvc_view = true, horizontal_stack = true, swap_views = 0). Unfortunately, that doesn't work either, even after a reboot. I have tried to encode it 4 times, and each time, at least one of the 3 parts produced the "duplicate added" errors. Even the first part can produce the error after a reboot.

It should be noted that AvsPMod has absolutely no problems with the script with a single SSIF. So, IMO, it uses a method to initialize the script correctly. But it hangs also with scritps with several SSIF files in the same command.

Slavanap, I hope you have now enough info to find and fix that irritating bug. Unfortunately, I can't help on this point. To reproduce it, encode a few frames of any 3D movie, and then launch the same encoding command again. Most of the times (but not always), it will fail (and you'll see the progress % of x264 only after the timeout of 1 minute).

I did most tests with x264 32-bit, but I've tried also several times the method using avs2yuv and x264_x64. The bugs described above are happening also with that encoding method, but I have also discovered another problem. The current beta of ssifsource2.dll prints its messages to stdout. That's fine when using the 32-bit encoding method, but not when using the 64-bit one. When the message is issued, avs2yuv echoes it probably to stdout normally, but since the YUV decoded video is also sent to stdout, the messages are mixed with the video stream, and x264_x64 receives strange frames with garbage that it cannot encode properly. That means that it is never possible to encode correctly a script using ssifsource3 in 64-bit mode. There is almost always a totally bugged frame near the beginning of the video, followed by a left/right sync problem of at least 3 or 4 frames. (The rest of the encoding seems normal, but of course the sync problem persists.)

I suppose that this bug can easily be fixed by printing all messages to stderr instead of stdout. Slavanap, can you fix it?

Thanks.
I've tried to fix this issue. Can't test for full-length movies, though.
http://sendfile.su/894770
Moreover, desynchronization might be caused by avisynth caching strategy, because seeking in full length movie doesn't work always perfectly, so if you use crop, then one frame from ssifSource might be requested twice. In this last version ssifSource provide caching for the last requested frame, in the previous -- it doesn't.
So, that might be the reason. Be careful, if your plugin requests frames not sequentially, because it will cause the graph to seek and you'll get the warning message in the console.
Also, all messages now prints to stderr, as requested.

Prototypes of implemented functions (not changed):
Code:
	env->AddFunction("ssifSource", "[ssif_file]s[width]i[height]i[frame_count]i[left_track]i[right_track]i[left_264]s[right_264]s[show_params]i", Create_SSIFSource, 0);
	env->AddFunction("ssifSource2", "[ssif_file]s[frame_count]i[avc_view]b[mvc_view]b[horizontal_stack]b[swap_views]i", SSIFSource2::Create, 0);
	env->AddFunction("ssifSource3", "[filelist]s[avc_view]b[mvc_view]b[horizontal_stack]b[swap_views]i", SSIFSourceExt::Create, 0);
ADD: also, timeout for decoding a frame increased from 60 to 120 seconds.
Old 11th November 2013, 18:28   #1579  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks. I'm not sure the timeout of 120 seconds will be sufficient in all situations. As I wrote in a previous post, it must be at least of 3.5 minutes when decoding the first frame with some Pixar movies. But I don't know if the decoding starts immediately or if most of the lost time happens during the initialisation of the AVS script.

Anyway, I'll test your mod later. Currently, I study the possibility to use the BD3D mod of tsMuxeR to generate the combined MVC file. If it works fine, I will probably rewrite completely BD3D2MK3D to use the DirectShowMVCSource method with the combined file as input. That can solve most problems IMO, and of course, in that case, I will not need ssifsource2 any more. Sorry. ;-)
Old 11th November 2013, 18:50   #1580  |  Link
Sharc

@r0lZ:
Perhaps the discussion in this thread is of interest to you as well for new BD3D2MK3D.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1650646#post1650646
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote