Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD burning

Old 10th August 2002, 07:34   #1  |  Link
Commander XJL

So whats wrong with Nero 5590?

I saw some posts about how people were having problems with Nero 5590, did a search and can't find these posts, whats the problem with it? I haven't had any problems with it I don't think
Commander XJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2002, 10:29   #2  |  Link
HomerJ

I agree, I am using 5.5.9.0 and having no problems.

The only problem I had was when I upgraded, I had to go into the registry and make a few changes, and to make matters worse, the Ahead site said run the following :- "regedit32" instead of "regedt32". A subtle difference, but a real pain in the backside.

HomerJ
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2002, 14:36   #3  |  Link

The problem I have with Nero 5590 is that Movies recorded using it doesn't work on the Pioneer 353 Set Top DVD Player.

It's strange but true, the discs run fine on my CCE(Lasonic)DVD2100 Set Top, fine on my PC's Actima and Pioneer A04 with PowerDVD and normal on my PlayStation 2 too.

But not on Pioneer 353. The player recognizes the media as DVD, but then stop and says it can't play it.

I've searched on VCDHelp's DVD Players list and it seems like other people have this problem too.

Now I use IfoEdit to build an image of the movie files and Veritas RecordNow DX (that came with my Pioneer A04) to burn them.

Cya!
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2002, 23:20   #4  |  Link
Arky

New version about to negate this discussion, peop's!

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=31374

Arky ;o)
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2002, 23:50   #5  |  Link
aionon

Burning In Nero

hi there, read the post at the bottom about the new nero coming out soon, hope it does solve a lot of these questions, but just in case it does not, here is what i found. i had 2 set top dvd players, and nero's burned dvd's worked in one and not the other. i was burning nero in iso, not dvd-video (figured what did it matter if i got the right directory structure). not sure why, but some set tops just don't like em (neither did dvd decrypter for that matter, it produced the udf parsing error, when it would look at a dvd i burned). so i tried dvd-video, but 5582 and 5590 both choked on my files for some reason. another person suggeste 5580 and it worked flawlessly.

moral: try nero 5580 if you can find it. i own nero burning, but ahead only posts the latest version. try kazza, i found a copy there (don't flame me, you still need a serial, and if you're legit, who cares where you got something you already own).

hope it helps,
aion

"We've got them right where they want us" --Captain Kirk