Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2013, 16:08   #2361  |  Link
john33

4mb of raw aac file uploaded. The aac file was originally transcoded from ac3 with qaac.
Old 16th September 2013, 16:14   #2362  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Thanks. Please also paste the mux settings you've used (e.g. in mmg "Muxing -> Copy command line to clipboard").

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Old 16th September 2013, 16:52   #2363  |  Link
john33

The 6.4.0 settings:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MKVtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "I:\\MKVs\\john33 (2).mkv"  "--language" "0:eng" "--default-track" "0:yes" "--forced-track" "0:no" "--display-dimensions" "0:720x404" "--default-duration" "0:24000/1001p" "-d" "0" "-A" "-S" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "(" "I:\\MKVs\\john33.mkv" ")" "--language" "0:eng" "--default-track" "0:yes" "--forced-track" "0:no" "-a" "0" "-D" "-S" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "(" "I:\\MKVs\\john33_track2.aac" ")" "--track-order" "0:0,1:0"
The 6.3.0 settings (the same, of course):

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MKVtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "I:\\MKVs\\john33 (3).mkv"  "--language" "0:eng" "--default-track" "0:yes" "--forced-track" "0:no" "--display-dimensions" "0:720x404" "--default-duration" "0:24000/1001p" "-d" "0" "-A" "-S" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "(" "I:\\MKVs\\john33.mkv" ")" "--language" "0:eng" "--default-track" "0:yes" "--forced-track" "0:no" "-a" "0" "-D" "-S" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "(" "I:\\MKVs\\john33_track2.aac" ")" "--track-order" "0:0,1:0"
Old 16th September 2013, 19:23   #2364  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I can finally reproduce some kind of weird issue that's similar but not identical to your issue. However, I strongly think that both have the same underlying reason. Fixing. Once fixed I will probably have to release 6.4.1.

Old 16th September 2013, 19:28   #2365  |  Link
john33

Thanks for looking into this. I was quite happy to remain using 6.3.0 but that clearly isn't progress. If you would like me test test anything prior to release, just let me know.
Old 16th September 2013, 19:31   #2366  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I'll ask you to test a pre-build with the fix once I've tracked that bugger down -- before I make the next release. Better safe than sorry. Said pre-build should hopefully be done within an hour.

Old 16th September 2013, 19:37   #2367  |  Link
john33

Excellent, thanks. I'll check back at intervals.
Old 16th September 2013, 20:36   #2368  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Here's the build. Thanks for testing.

Old 16th September 2013, 20:56   #2369  |  Link
john33

That works.

Edit: Tested on several files and all OK now, thanks very much.

Last edited by john33; 16th September 2013 at 21:00.
Old 16th September 2013, 20:58   #2370  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Thanks for the confirmation. Starting the release process.

Old 16th September 2013, 21:39   #2371  |  Link
john33

Just to confirm that the release build works fine, too. Many thanks for this.
Old 16th September 2013, 21:42   #2372  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

MKVToolNix v6.4.1 released

Hey,

I've released MKVToolNix 6.4.1 only one day after the release of 6.4.0 due to a nasty regression in 6.4.0 compared to 6.3.0. This release fixes that single bug only. For reference I'll include the previous release message including the new ChangeLog entries. Note that only the source and Windows packages have been uploaded yet; the Linux binaries are still being built.

Not a lot has happened over the summer, but the Opus support has been finalized. A couple of bug fixes here and there as well, especially regarding startup problems on Windows (the mmg window not appearing). However, the next release should feature HEVC support, and I didn't want to hold off the release until that's been finished as it may still take a couple of weeks. So here you go.

For package maintainers: you need libMatroska 1.4.1 due to new elements, a version that hasn't been released yet (libEBML requirements stay at the already-released 1.3.0). MKVToolNix' configure will fall back to the included version and build it statically. I'm sorry for this, and this is not intentional but due to severe lack of time on my side these past weeks. I'll try to release said library within the next two or three week. So feel free to hold off packaging this MKVToolNix version until then.

You can download the source code or one of the binaries.

Here's the full ChangeLog since release 6.3.0:

Quote:
2013-09-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Released v6.4.1.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed packet ordering regression introduced in 6.4.0 if --default-duration is used for a track.

2013-09-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Released v6.4.0.
* mkvextract: new feature: Implemented extraction of Opus tracks into OggOpus files.

2013-09-14 Monty Montgomery <xiphmont@gmail.com>
* mkvinfo: bug fix: The track information summary enabled with -t/--track-info counted bytes in SimpleBlocks twice.

2013-07-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: CueRelativePosition was wrong for BlockGroups: it pointed to the Block inside the group instead of the BlockGroup itself. CueRelativePosition elements for SimpleBlock elements are not affected. Fixes #903.

2013-07-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Implemented final Opus muxing.

2013-07-04 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: The "jobs" folder will be created in the same mmg.exe is located in for the portable version. The installed version will still keep the folder where has already been (%APP_DATA%\mkvtoolnix\jobs).
* mmg: bug fix: Closing mmg's window while it was minimized caused mmg to appear hidden and unmovable when started the next time.

2013-07-03 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Fixed overly long startup time with wxWidgets 2.9.x (especially on Windows) by using alternative methods for initializing certain controls. Makes startup time on par with wxWidgets 2.8. See #893.

2013-07-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvinfo: new feature: Added support for the new Matroska elements DiscardPadding, CodecDelay and SeekPreRoll.
* build system: libMatroska 1.4.1 is now required for building.
Have fun.

Old 16th September 2013, 21:42   #2373  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by john33 View Post
Just to confirm that the release build works fine, too. Many thanks for this.
Right back at you. Thanks a lot for all the timely feedback.

Old 17th September 2013, 18:37   #2374  |  Link
Selur

@Mosu: any plans regarding newer Mac OS X builds? (last version is 6.2.0)
Old 17th September 2013, 18:41   #2375  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Those are in the hands of third-party developers. You can try contacting Jon when he'll be able to update. Or switch to MacPorts. While they're still at 6.3.0 they're also pretty quick to update these days.

Old 17th September 2013, 23:10   #2376  |  Link
DarrellS

Any timeline on when the next version with hevc support will be released? I'm using the Rovi build from DivX Labs in Virtualdub's external encoder and the settings that I normally use are not working with their build.

I normally use this setting for audio and video...

-o "%(outputname)" --default-duration 0:%(fpsnum)/%(fpsden)fps "%(tempvideofile)" "%(tempaudiofile)"

...but I'm getting an error message that it doesn't know what "--default-duration 0:%(fpsnum)/%(fpsden)fps" means and the only way that I'm able to use the muxer is to use this setting...

-q -o "%(outputname)" "%(tempvideofile)" "%(tempaudiofile)"

...but the finished file is out of sync since it doesn't know what the frame rate is of the hevc file (which is whatever the framerate is of the original file). What can I do to tell mkvmerge what the original file is without manually changing the framerate on every single file that I create?

Not sure why it won't accept "--default-duration 0:%(fpsnum)/%(fpsden)fps" since every other build of mkvmerge.exe will.
Old 18th September 2013, 07:26   #2377  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
I'm using the Rovi build from DivX Labs
sounds like you should contact Rovi/DivX and not Mosu, it's their build,.
Old 18th September 2013, 07:46   #2378  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

First: what Selur said. I don't support builds by third parties.

Second: we are just in the process of finishing the HEVC-in-Matroska specs. Note that Rovi's build may NOT be using the final method we will agree upon, though they've been eager to adopt their build to match the latest proposal (see and following). I will not release a MKVToolNix build with HEVC support before those specs have been finalized and agreed upon. Therefore my guess (really a guess, not even an estimate) would be "no earlier than in eight weeks".

Old 19th September 2013, 13:04   #2379  |  Link
DarrellS

Thanks! I'm in no big hurry, I was just wondering. Maybe by then, someone will have implemented stdin input into the Multicoreware x265 encoder which seems to be a lot faster than the DivX encoder and has more options. The Rovi build does mux the DivX hevc file after it's created and creates an insync file if given the frame rate. It's just a lot easier using your builds to mux with with since they accept "--default-duration 0:%(fpsnum)/%(fpsden)fps" which saves me from either having to create separate encoder sets for each frame rate or muxing after the audio and video files have been created. The other issue is that the DivX files will only play in the DivX player and not in MPC-HC which is my player of choice.

Thanks again
Old 19th September 2013, 13:07   #2380  |  Link
DarrellS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
sounds like you should contact Rovi/DivX and not Mosu, it's their build,.
I think I'm still a member at DivX Labs so I'll check with them.

I didn't know that your new version of Hybrid uses the DivX HEVC encoder. I'll download it and give it a try.
Closed Thread