Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 13th May 2013, 01:49   #101  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
Did anyone get SoundOut to work with Avisynth v2.60a4? When i open a script (ending with SoundOut()) in Virtualdub i get the error message:

Avisynth open failure:
Cache: Filter returned invalid response to CACHE_GETCHILD_CACHE_MODE. 176310176

Is it supposed to work in 2.60 or is something not implemented properly?
You probably have an early development version compiled with AVISYNTH_INTERFACE_VERSION = 5, this of course will not work with 2.5.8 or versions of 2.6 that rely on the version correctly describing the API level expected.

Any plugin that purports to be version 5 must support all the requirements of the latest 2.6 API. In this case CACHE_GETCHILD_CACHE_MODE returning a valid mode.

Plugin authors may use the reserved version 4 to prevent loading in 2.5.8 but still be treated as a 2.5 plugin by 2.6.

I will have a look to see if I can add some protection code for AvisynthPluginInit2 plugins that try to lie that they are version 5.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 21:58   #102  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
You probably have an early development version compiled with AVISYNTH_INTERFACE_VERSION = 5, this of course will not work with 2.5.8 or versions of 2.6 that rely on the version correctly describing the API level expected.
I guess so. So i need to recompile the plugins with the latest avisynth.h? Will try that later.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 23:30   #103  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

Given we are talking about SoundOut (pass through video) it would be more useful to compile it as a 2.5 plugin, then it would work with all versions.
Old 19th May 2013, 13:54   #104  |  Link
jq963152

@ IanB:

Hello,

some quotes from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jq963152 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Quote:
Hello,

why doesn't MeGUI update to AviSynth 2.6.0 when using the development update server?

With the development update server it's still at version 2.5.8.

As soon as we have a stable AviSynth 2.6 build I will update it. Currently it is still in alpha. But you can install any AviSynth build you like.

But what about this (see highlighted part):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEt View Post
Here is my builds of Avisynth 2.6 with several (mostly MT) fixes. MT mode stability is way better than Avisynth 2.5.8, general stability - the same as official Avisynth 2.6 (which is again better than 2.5.8 due to many bugfixes since then).

?

Question:

Do you think it's "fair" to say that AviSynth 2.5.8 is better than 2.6.0 just because the former is tagged as being "Stable" whereas the latter is tagged as being "Alpha" (like Zathor basically is argumenting)?

Or would you agree with SEt, that AviSynth 2.6.0 is better than 2.5.8, even though it's tagged as being "Alpha"?
jq963152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 15:07   #105  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Do you think it's "fair" to say that AviSynth 2.5.8 is better than 2.6.0 just because the former is tagged as being "Stable" whereas the latter is tagged as being "Alpha" (like Zathor basically is argumenting)?

Or would you agree with SEt, that AviSynth 2.6.0 is better than 2.5.8, even though it's tagged as being "Alpha"?
SEt was comparing MT versions and their MT implementations.

As for the official (non-MT) Avisynth versions - 2.6 has had many bug fixes and added features since 2.58 and it seems to be just as stable.
Also, the more people use it, the more testing is done and we may finally get out of Alpha stage.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 16:05   #106  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

As a 2.5.8 replacement 2.6.0 should be just as stable. It passes all current the 2.5 regression tests, while 2.5.8 fails a few due to bugs being fixed and test to expose them being added. Most problems show up in new code, so if you use the new 2.6 features, that is where you might expect to find problems. A lot of people are downloading 2.6. And the only 2.5 bug reports I seem to get are for things broken in 2.5.8 as well, the few 2.6 bug reports are to do with things like YV24 overlay and YV411 text painting.

I have most of the API changes mapped out to cover hooks for expected features for 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 like extra colour spaces and threading so that 2.6 plugins won't need to be recompiled. I have a long standing bug in the cache from 2.5.7 that I am working on at present and I intend to do an Alpha 5 release when I finish and test that fix. If Alpha 5 stands up without any new bugs I will probably promote it to Release Candidate 1, i.e. 1st Beta release.
Old 19th May 2013, 16:29   #107  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

As IanB says, you can use v2.6a4 as a more stable v2.58 so long as you dont use new features.

Me RECOMMENDED's.

I use v2.6a4 (well Groucho2004's ICL version usually, for a couple of recent fixes), and MeGUI uses that one
and not 2.5.8.5 in MeGUI directory. (Although recently a user found he also had to manually update the MeGUI copy on
W7 64bit for some reason or it was not using 2.6).

EDIT: Of course (slaps head), MeGUI only uses the MeGUI local copy for its built in tools eg Avisynth Script Creator,
if feeding AVS files directly into MeGUI, then it uses the system copy.

EDIT: Zathor reply to below post (linked to from following post) :-
Quote:
Btw even if MeGUI provides 2.6 it will only be used when no AviSynth is installed at all on the system. Therefore it will be used by the more inexperienced users and the AviSynth build must work.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 19th May 2013 at 20:07.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 18:25   #108  |  Link
jq963152

Thanks for your replies.

I forwarded IanB's reply to Zathor and again asked Zathor to update to AviSynth 2.6.0 in MeGUI, see the following post:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...50#post1629150

jq963152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 20:19   #109  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

FYI, Mr B,

I've decided to ignore chroma altogether for YV411 in DDigit, it seems to provide the least objectionable results,
although might look a little weird on something like colorbars, looks not too bad on live video.
Could not manage to find a good fix for chroma as DDigit is inherently character based and the control characters in the
stream make things much harder to implement as opposed to a raster scan implementation like your Info.h without any control codes.
(At least without slowing it down significantly, and it would still look ropey).
EDIT: Above problem in DDigit relates to faint chroma stripes due to background fade applied twice, at the end a character and
beginning of next character, when on non greyscale frame.

Will though try to implement (using the reserved and last available 'C' escape sequence {'\v'}) an alternative luma only
colormap for eg Y8 and YV411, something like '\v0' to '\vF' == luma 0 -> 255 in steps of 17 (== 255/15).

EDIT: Looks OK over Colorbars(). Might want to reduce background multiplier a little from 7/8, 3/4, and 5/8 both seem OK,
and improves visibility if chroma background not faded.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 20th May 2013 at 12:57.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 15:44   #110  |  Link
real.finder

ver. 2.5.8 supports 6 (5.1) Channels in audio

is 2.6 supports 8 (7.1)?
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 22:33   #111  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
ver. 2.5.8 supports 6 (5.1) Channels in audio
ver 2.5.8 support also 7.1.
Old 20th May 2013, 23:05   #112  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
ver 2.5.8 support also 7.1.
um, but there http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/GetChannel

Did not mention 7.1
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 23:38   #113  |  Link
Wilbert

It says "it returns one or more channels of a multichannel signal". It support a large amount of channels (there might be some limit, but i'm too lazy to look that up). The main question is whether your source filter loads them all.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 14:09   #114  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
um, but there http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/GetChannel

Did not mention 7.1
Like Wilbert say: "It support a large amount of channels"

More important is this:
"The ordering of the channels is determined by the ordering of the input file, because AviSynth doesn't assume any ordering (1). In case of stereo 2.0 WAV and 5.1 WAV files the ordering should be as follows (2)"

(1) AviSynth don't have a essential property of audio to manage multichannel audio (MaskChannels), to identify each channel.
Then the user must be careful only with the channel order, trying to preserve the standard order not always obvious.

(2) No problem with standard stereo: FrontLeft, FrontRight

With 5.1: FL, FR, FCenter, LFE, RearL, RearR

Here there are a difference with Microsoft defined channels:
SideL, SideR (-+90 from Center channel) and BackL, BackR (-+130 from Center channel).
BTW, both can be assumed like standard 5.1:
FL, FR, FC, LFE, BL, BR or FL, FR, FC, LFE, SL, SR

With 7.1: the standard order don't have problems, must be:
FL, FR, FC, LFE, BL, BR, SL, SR

With 6.1: here we must be careful because don't exist a standard order defined and the BackCenter can be before or after the Rear channels depending if we consider the Rear like Back or Side.

You must know if the input is:
1) FL, FR, FC, LFE, BL, BR, BC
or
2) FL, FR, FC, LFE, BC, SL, SR
and if the output must have the order 1) or 2)
Old 21st May 2013, 18:33   #115  |  Link
ajp_anton

Is there a 64-bit build of 2.6 available? I just need to combine a few 2.6 features with large amounts of RAM (not expecting any speed boosts or plugin support).
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 18:23   #116  |  Link
CoRoNe

Code:
E=Import("sample_E.avs")
A=BassAudioSource("sample_A.wav").DelayAudio(3388169/44100.0)
W=Import("sample_W.avs").DelayAudio(3599778/44100.0)

Mix1=MixAudio(W,A,1.0,1.0)
Mix2=MixAudio(Mix1,E,1.0,1.0)

ConvertAudioTo16bit(Mix)
I'm doing some audio mixing (A begins before E ends, and W begins before A ends) and I've noticed something odd. By closely examining the script's outcome in Audacity, I noticed for W I have to lower the DelayAudio with 1 sample (3599777) to align everything perfectly, which isn't necessary for A.
Can any developer/anyone who knows the inner workings of Avisynth confirm this is how Import() works?
-----------------

In reference to this post, I was wondering if this would also work for DelayAudio. Something like this?
Code:
A=BassAudioSource("sample_A.wav")
A.DelayAudio(113414616/44100).DelayAudio((113414616%44100)/44100.0)
Old 24th June 2013, 20:03   #117  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe View Post
Can any developer/anyone who knows the inner workings of Avisynth confirm this is how Import() works?
Import() should have no effect on audio delay.
What do the scripts sample_E.avs and sample_W.avs contain?

Quote:
In reference to this post, I was wondering if this would also work for DelayAudio.
Yes, it should work - DelayAudio() converts time to samples in the same way as AudioTrim().
Old 27th June 2013, 23:43   #118  |  Link
CoRoNe

Sorry for the late response, but in the end it turned out to be a stupid little mistake on my part. It was all just a rough draft. I then rewrote the script and worked out the rest.
It's all about doing this (view in 720p!) with Avisynth.

Follow-up question:
Code:
Subtitle(String(Int(AudioDuration)/60)+":"+String(Int(AudioDuration)%60)+MidStr(String(Frac(AudioDuration)),2,4)+" ("+AudioLengthS+" samples)")
...produces: "2:4.278 (5480666 samples)".
Do you know how I can change this so that 0-9s always have a preceding 0 and that the example thus becomes "2:04.278 (5480666 samples)".
Old 27th June 2013, 23:57   #119  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe View Post
Code:
Subtitle(String(Int(AudioDuration)/60)+":"+String(Int(AudioDuration)%60)+MidStr(String(Frac(AudioDuration)),2,4)+" ("+AudioLengthS+" samples)")
...produces: "2:4.278 (5480666 samples)".
Do you know how I can change this so that 0-9s always have a preceding 0 and that the example thus becomes "2:04.278 (5480666 samples)".
Use the second argument of String() to control the formatting: String(..., "%02.0f")
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Interna...sion_functions
Old 28th June 2013, 00:09   #120  |  Link
CoRoNe

Man, you're fast! Thanks a lot!