Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th August 2012, 13:16   #1021  |  Link
Reino

No problem, it's not urgent or anything.

But uh,...another question:
I wanted to see if the foo_input_avs-issues I face on my WinXP machine, would also bring me headaches on a Win7 laptop (of a friend), but I just can't get BassAudio to work.
Code:
LoadPlugin: unable to load: "<path>\BassAudio.dll", error=0x7e
Now, the only related post I could find it this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemuri-_9 View Post
The 0x7e error indicates that one or more dependent dlls are missing from the system.

make sure you have the Visual Studio 2010 runtime installed, as the plugin requires it.
Installing that one, nor the 1st servicepack made a difference. .NET Framework 2, 3 and 3.5 are not compatible with Win7, but installing .NET Framework 4 wasn't rewarding either.
Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong and how to get BassAudio.dll working on Win7?
Old 12th August 2012, 19:10   #1022  |  Link
tebasuna51

BassAudio.dll (v2.4 2008) was compiled with Visual C++ Express 2005.

I make a new compile with Visual C++ Express 2010, with a more recent version of AviSynth.h and the last Bass.h (with Bass.dll 2.4.9).
Work for me (XP SP3) with Bass.dll 2.4.8 but still not work with 2.4.9

I can't test W 7. Please see if there are any difference with previous version.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z BassAudio_2010.7z (21.0 KB, 145 views)
Old 12th August 2012, 20:42   #1023  |  Link
Reino

Thanks. Once I get a hold of my friend's laptop I'll let you know.
Old 18th August 2012, 16:49   #1024  |  Link
Reino

Okay, earlier this week I've used a family member's Win7 laptop and everything went fine with MPC-HC and Foobar.
Yesterday I had the chance to test BassAudio on my friends Win7 laptop again, but surprisingly everything went fine too. I guess I made some mistakes last time. The old BassAudio.dll as well as the new one worked fine. After that I even quickly installed Avisynth and Foobar on my mother's old WinXP laptop, but even that one could play it all.
Now that was really frustrating! Eventually I even monitored Foobar's every single move on my computer with Sysinternals Process Monitor, in the hope I could find an answer for the issue I faced. But then I suddenly realized; I had been using Foobar 1.1.14-b3 to test BassAudio on the other computers while my own computer still had 1.1.10 installed. And what'd you know, after updating to 1.1.14 yesterday I could suddenly open all bass_xx.dll audio formats in Foobar! Not my computer, not BassAudio and neither foo_input_avs is to blame, but me still using an old version of Foobar...
Everything is fine now. Sorry for the trouble, tebasuna51.
Old 30th December 2012, 11:10   #1025  |  Link
Mackan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
DynRanComp: New <AudioDSP> Dynamic Range Compression based in compand function from Sox.
Compression curves based in Anex C from Dolby Digital Professional Encoding Guidelines. There are a link for this document and graphs in:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=56020

This is a test release for discussion about the following problems:

1) The DSP function, outside the ac3 decoder, can't know the original ac3 Dialog Normalization and DRC method, then must be supplied by the user.
The DRC method can be selected in DSP configure, but the DialNorm can be set with:
- Another DSP multioption (31) to use before DynRanComp.
- With the 'Tweak' Amplify, but don't work with negative values (? to Dimzon).
- Editing DynRanComp.extension before run BeHappy. Method selected in this test release.

2) The Normalize() function don't work after Sox compand, maybe because:
"compand is very hard to control, and doesn't support restarts (crash)"
(in "Sox Audio Effect Filter for AviSynth" doc.)
Then maybe we need another set of 'normalized' curves to avoid the low volume problem.

3) The compand function don't work fine with segments 20:1.
For segment (-21,-21)-(0,-20) I obtain a output (-21,-21)-(0,-18)

4) The compand parameters (attack1,decay1,...,delay) may need optimization.

The DynRanComp.extension file is:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<BeHappy.Extension xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/behappy">
  <AudioDSP UniqueID="934f5ce0-9203-11da-a72b-0800200c9a66">
    <Plugin>
      <MultiOptionDSP Type="BeHappy.Extensions.MultiOptionDSP, BeHappy">
        <TitleFormatString>DynRanComp - {0}</TitleFormatString>
        <ScriptPrologue>
# Dialog Normalization. Amplify by: -31 -(DialNorm), 0 for DN=-31, -4 for DN=-27, -11 for DN=-20 ...
# AmplifydB(-4.0)
# Define transformation function
        </ScriptPrologue>
        <Option>
          <Name>Film Standard</Name>
          <Value>
# Film Standard. Segments:     (Noise)  +6dB     2:1      =     20:1
#                Points:   ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -----
SoxFilter("compand 0.1,0.3 -90,-90,-70,-64,-43,-37,-31,-31,-21,-21,0,-20 0 0 0.1")
          </Value>
        </Option>
        <Option>
          <Name>Film Light</Name>
          <Value>
# Film Light     Segments:     (Noise)  +6dB     2:1      =     20:1
SoxFilter("compand 0.1,0.3 -90,-90,-70,-64,-53,-47,-41,-41,-21,-21,0,-20 0 0 0.1")
          </Value>
        </Option>
        <Option>
          <Name>Music Standard</Name>
          <Value>
# Music Standard Segments:     (Noise)  +12dB    2:1      =     20:1
SoxFilter("compand 0.1,0.3 -90,-90,-70,-58,-55,-43,-31,-31,-21,-21,0,-20 0 0 0.1")
          </Value>
        </Option>
        <Option>
          <Name>Music Light</Name>
          <Value>
# Music Light    Segments:     (Noise)  +12dB    2:1      =      2:1
SoxFilter("compand 0.1,0.3 -90,-90,-70,-58,-65,-53,-41,-41,-21,-21,0,-11 0 0 0.1")
          </Value>
        </Option>
        <Option>
          <Name>Speech</Name>
          <Value>
# Speech         Segments:     (Noise)  +15dB    5:1      =     20:1
SoxFilter("compand 0.1,0.3 -90,-90,-70,-55,-50,-35,-31,-31,-21,-21,0,-20 0 0 0.1")
          </Value>
        </Option>
        <ScriptEpilogue>
# Normalize recommended because volume is always less than -20 dB (except Music Light -11)
# Normalize()    # But Normalize don't work after SoxFilter("compand...")
# SoxFilter work with 32 bit integer, and at last wav output is send 32 bit. Then maybe...:
# ConvertAudioTo16Bit()
        </ScriptEpilogue>
      </MultiOptionDSP>
    </Plugin>
  </AudioDSP>
</BeHappy.Extension>
Sorry to quote this whole thing, from a long time ago. But I had a look at the Sox compand function for your Film Standard DRC, and it seems to me that it doesn't produce the expected DRC curve from Dolby. I did a plot of it with gnuplot, from Sox.

I tried to modify it to make it look like the expected curve, and this one did seemed to do the trick.

Film Standard:

compand 0.1,0.3 -90,-84,-43,-37,-31,-31,-26,-26,-16,-21,0,-20.25 0 0 0.1

I don't know why Dolby mentions the final cut range to go from 16dB... to +4dB in their documents, since 0 dBFS is our limit to work with. Also, the dial norm of -31dB doesn't seem to be symmetric in the the null band for this DRC profile, while for Film Light it is. That's something I also don't understand.

Maybe you have a comment on this, after all these years?
Mackan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 17:41   #1026  |  Link
Reino

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Yes, seems the last Bass.dll version 2.4.9 don't work at all with the interface to AviSynth BassAudio.dll.
We need remain with 2.4.8 version.
What about BASS 2.4.10?

Could you let the next BassAudio version accept original BASS add-on filenames? At the moment it seems BassAudio only accepts BASS add-ons with an underscore in their filename (bass_xxx.dll, like the 3th-party add-ons). BASS' own add-ons; basswma, basscd, bassflac, basswv and bassopus, don't have an underscore in their original filename. You'd have to add one manualy for BassAudio to work.

Last edited by Reino; 7th April 2013 at 19:44.
Reino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 19:21   #1027  |  Link
Jenyok
Warm and fuzzy

tebasuna51
Where could I find algorithm "A real time audio upmixing method from stereo to 7.1 channel audio" ?
Discription of this algorithm.
Thanks.
Old 7th April 2013, 20:06   #1028  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe View Post
What about BASS 2.4.10?
Still untested. Work for you?

Quote:
Could you let the next BassAudio version accept original BASS add-on filenames?
You'd have to add one manualy for BassAudio to work.
Maybe in next version. But is really easy, or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenyok View Post
Where could I find algorithm "A real time audio upmixing method from stereo to 7.1 channel audio"?
Sorry I don't know.
Maybe is better use receivers DSP's to do this job.
Old 8th April 2013, 06:18   #1029  |  Link
Jenyok
Warm and fuzzy

tebasuna51
One more question to you.
What string parameters in SoxFilter(...) function for AVISynth could I use to achive following result "Concert Hall Light, No combine sourse Left аnd Right" ?
Thanks.
Old 8th April 2013, 12:58   #1030  |  Link
tebasuna51

What is "Concert Hall Light, No combine sourse Left аnd Right"?
A DSP function of a receiver?

Sorry but I can't help you with your questions.
Old 8th April 2013, 13:18   #1031  |  Link
Jenyok
Warm and fuzzy

New improvments and changes.
There are some functions to convert MONO audio signal to PSEUDO STEREO.
There are some functions to convert STEREO audio signal to 5.1 audio signal.
Added new functions to script.
Version 1.5 .
See description in code section.
See attached RAR file.
Code:
#
# File:     Stereo.avsi
#
#
# Date:     08.04.2013 year
# Version:  1.5
#
#
# License:  GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
#
#
# Author:   Jenyok  (Evgeniy Gurovskikh, Russia, Moscow)
# E-Mail:   e_gurovskikh@mail.ru
#
#
# Functions (pseudo Stereo and other sound functions) for AVISynth
#
# For all occasions of life (На все случаи жизни) ...
#
#
# Plugin and Import
#
#   SoxFilter.dll
#
#
#
# function GetLeftChannel(clip clp)
# function GetRightChannel(clip clp)
# function Phase180(clip clp)
#
#
# function PhaseDelay(clip clp, float "freq", float "phi")                        Shift (rotate) phase of audio to a different angle
# function PhaseShift(clip clp, float "freq", float "phi")                        Shift (rotate) phase of audio to a different angle
# function PhaseShift2(clip clp, float "freq", float "freq2", float "phi")        Shift (rotate) phase of audio to a different angle
#
# function MonoToStereo(clip clp)                                                 Convert MONO audio to STEREO audio
# function PseudoStereo1(clip clp, int "Channel", float "Delay")                  Only DELAY between channels, Delay in Sec
# function PseudoStereo12(clip clp, int "Channel", float "Delay", float "KMix")   DELAY, L=L*k1+R*k2, R=R*k1+L*k2 (Addition)
# function PseudoStereo13(clip clp, int "Channel", float "Delay", float "KMix")   DELAY, L=L*k1-R*k2, R=R*k1-L*k2 (Substraction)
#
# function PseudoStereo2(clip clp, int "Channel", float "LowFreq", float "HighFreq", bool "isDelay")
#
# function PseudoStereo3(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                 Described: Magazine "Radio" № 6, 1985 year, page 62 (USSR, Russia)
# function PseudoStereo33(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                Described: Magazine "Radio" № 6, 1985 year, page 62 (USSR, Russia)
#
# function PseudoStereo4(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                 US Patent No 6,636,608 B1
# function PseudoStereo43(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                US Patent No 6,636,608 B1
#
# function PseudoStereo5(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                 Analog: Philips chip TDA3810 (sound porcessor)
# function PseudoStereo52(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                Analog: Philips chip TDA3810 (sound porcessor)
#
#
# function StereoEnhancer(clip clp)                                               Analog: Philips chip TDA3810 (sound porcessor)
#
#
# function StereoTo51(clip clp, bool "is24bit", bool "isStereo")                  Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio, 24 bits output
#                                                                                 
# function UpDialog(clip clp)                                                     Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpDialog2(clip clp)                                                    Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpAction(clip clp)                                                     Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpAction2(clip clp)                                                    Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpGerzen(clip clp)                                                     Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpFarina(clip clp)                                                     Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpMultisonic(clip clp)                                                 Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpSoundOnSound(clip clp)                                               Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
#
#
# function Dmix3Stereo(clip a)                                                    Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix3Dpl(clip a)                                                       Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix4lStereo(clip a)                                                   Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix4qStereo(clip a)                                                   Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix4sDpl(clip a)                                                      Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix5Stereo(clip a)                                                    Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix5Dpl(clip a)                                                       Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix5Dpl2(clip a)                                                      Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6Stereo(clip a)                                                    Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6Dpl(clip a)                                                       Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6Dpl2(clip a)                                                      Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6StereoLfe(clip a)                                                 Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6StereoLfe2(clip a)                                                Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6DplLfe(clip a)                                                    Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6Dpl2Lfe(clip a)                                                   Downmix sound functions
#
#
Attached Files
File Type: rar stereo3.rar (9.8 KB, 271 views)

Last edited by Jenyok; 8th April 2013 at 13:40.
Jenyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 07:47   #1032  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@ tebasuna51:

"Concert Hall" is probably a reverb model. There is a brief explanation in a webpage about a Lexicon reverb filter. I don't know if there is any kind of parametrical implementation; modern reverb filters will probably use "convolution" impulse response models (applying the recorded echo of a sharp impulse in a real sample room to the input sound).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 9th April 2013 at 07:53.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 14:32   #1033  |  Link
Jenyok
Warm and fuzzy

New improvments and changes.
There are some functions to convert MONO audio signal to PSEUDO STEREO.
There are some functions to convert STEREO audio signal to 5.1 audio signal.
Added new functions to script.
Version 1.6 .
See description in code section.
See attached RAR file.
Code:
#
# File:     Stereo.avsi
#
#
# Date:     10.04.2013 year
# Version:  1.6
#
#
# License:  GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
#
#
# Author:   Jenyok  (Evgeniy Gurovskikh, Russia, Moscow)
# E-Mail:   e_gurovskikh@mail.ru
#
#
# Functions (pseudo Stereo and other sound functions) for AVISynth
#
# For all occasions of life (На все случаи жизни) ...
#
#
# Plugin and Import
#
#   SoxFilter.dll
#
#
#
# function GetLeftChannel(clip clp)
# function GetRightChannel(clip clp)
# function Phase180(clip clp)
#
#
# function PhaseDelay(clip clp, float "freq", float "phi")                        Shift (rotate) phase of audio to a different angle
# function PhaseShift(clip clp, float "freq", float "phi")                        Shift (rotate) phase of audio to a different angle
# function PhaseShift2(clip clp, float "freq", float "freq2", float "phi")        Shift (rotate) phase of audio to a different angle
#
# function MonoToStereo(clip clp, int "Channel")                                  Simple convert MONO audio to STEREO audio
# function PseudoStereo1(clip clp, int "Channel", float "Delay")                  Only DELAY between channels, Delay in Sec
# function PseudoStereo12(clip clp, int "Channel", float "Delay", float "KMix")   DELAY, L=L*k1+R*k2, R=R*k1+L*k2 (Addition)
# function PseudoStereo13(clip clp, int "Channel", float "Delay", float "KMix")   DELAY, L=L*k1-R*k2, R=R*k1-L*k2 (Substraction)
#
# function PseudoStereo2(clip clp, int "Channel", float "LowFreq", float "HighFreq", bool "isDelay")
# function PseudoStereo22(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")
# function PseudoStereo23(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")
#
# function PseudoStereo3(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                 Described: Magazine "Radio" № 6, 1985 year, page 62 (USSR, Russia)
# function PseudoStereo33(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                Described: Magazine "Radio" № 6, 1985 year, page 62 (USSR, Russia)
#
# function PseudoStereo4(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                 US Patent No 6,636,608 B1
# function PseudoStereo43(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                US Patent No 6,636,608 B1
#
# function PseudoStereo5(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                 Analog: Philips chip TDA3810 (sound porcessor)
# function PseudoStereo52(clip clp, int "Channel", bool "isDelay")                Analog: Philips chip TDA3810 (sound porcessor)
#
#
# function StereoEnhancer(clip clp)                                               Analog: Philips chip TDA3810 (sound porcessor)
#
#
# function StereoTo51(clip clp, bool "is24bit", bool "isStereo")                  Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio, 24 bits output
#                                                                                 
# function UpDialog(clip clp)                                                     Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpDialog2(clip clp)                                                    Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpAction(clip clp)                                                     Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpAction2(clip clp)                                                    Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpGerzen(clip clp)                                                     Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpFarina(clip clp)                                                     Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpMultisonic(clip clp)                                                 Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
# function UpSoundOnSound(clip clp)                                               Convert STEREO to 5.1 audio
#
#
# function Dmix3Stereo(clip a)                                                    Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix3Dpl(clip a)                                                       Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix4lStereo(clip a)                                                   Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix4qStereo(clip a)                                                   Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix4sDpl(clip a)                                                      Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix5Stereo(clip a)                                                    Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix5Dpl(clip a)                                                       Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix5Dpl2(clip a)                                                      Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6Stereo(clip a)                                                    Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6Dpl(clip a)                                                       Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6Dpl2(clip a)                                                      Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6StereoLfe(clip a)                                                 Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6StereoLfe2(clip a)                                                Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6DplLfe(clip a)                                                    Downmix sound functions
# function Dmix6Dpl2Lfe(clip a)                                                   Downmix sound functions
#
#
Attached Files
File Type: rar stereo4.rar (10.0 KB, 107 views)
Old 13th April 2013, 11:24   #1034  |  Link
tebasuna51

See my opinion about 2.0 -> 5.1 conversions in this post.
Old 23rd May 2013, 22:21   #1035  |  Link
XeoneR

One of the greatest tool ever..

Any chance of the opus support?
XeoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 07:26   #1036  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Yes, there is an Opus plugin supported in BASS. Getting it supported in the AviSynth BassAudio plugin has been discussed already, I am just not sure if here or in the HydrogenAudio forum...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 15:55   #1037  |  Link
tebasuna51

Yes, to decode a opus file you need download bassopus.dll from http://www.un4seen.com/ , rename it to bass_opus.dll and put it with BassAudio.dll and Bass.dll suplied with BeHappy at the default AviSynth-plugin folder.
Old 6th November 2013, 22:22   #1038  |  Link
Richard1485

Behappy appears unable to downmix AC-3 4.0 to 2.0 with NicAC3Source(). It attempts to downmix it as if were a six-channel mix and uses GetChannel() on non-existent channels.
Old 8th November 2013, 00:26   #1039  |  Link
tebasuna51

BeHappy have only a few pre-definned downmix functions, see DownMix.extension.

The users can modify DownMix.extension or load the .avs than make the correct downmix.
Old 26th November 2013, 02:29   #1040  |  Link
Kempy72

link

Last edited by Kempy72; 16th November 2014 at 04:34.
Kempy72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
behappy