Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 11th September 2011, 22:36   #781  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
You should be. From my experience with QTGMC'ing LOTS OF DVD videos on my i7-2600K, 64-bit is no less stable than 32-bit.
This, kids, is a good example of the logical fallacy called "argument by anecdotal evidence".
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 03:41   #782  |  Link
aegisofrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
This, kids, is a good example of the logical fallacy called "argument by anecdotal evidence".
I posted that because I was curious as to under what circumstances 64-bit is unstable. I understand that my experience does not cover every single plugin so I cannot say with certainty that 64-bit is as stable as 32-bit. But then, I'm also wondering based on what evidence TheRyuu says that? Has he tested every single plugin? Or is his statement based on looking at the source code and finding out that it is very poorly coded? A short explanation as such is more helpful.
aegisofrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 15:46   #783  |  Link
redfordxx

Hi.
I am now trying working with MeGui64, AviSynth64, x264_64 and 64bit filters.
But I have two problems:many crashes and not many filters.
So I am going back to 32 and see if it is better.

I have question, whether I can have mixed chain...something like Avisynth32+x264_64...or so?
After some browsing I understand, that there is no way to put filter32 in avisynth64, right?

Tnx
redfordxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 18:00   #784  |  Link
WILLIS

Can't seem to get SetMTMode to work...it's unrecognized...any ideas?
WILLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:41   #785  |  Link
LeXXuz
21 years and counting...

Anybody got a working sharpening filter for Avisynth64?

I need some working sharpening filter to slightly resharpen the image after noise removal.

I don't like the results from warpsharp or the default sharpening filter from Avisynth.
LeXXuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:12   #786  |  Link
Didée

@LeXXuz: What, how, and why.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:29   #787  |  Link
LeXXuz
21 years and counting...

I tried warpsharp and it looks okay on anime but removes too much texture detail on normal movies.
LeXXuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 08:12   #788  |  Link
Didée

Now we've changed from "poking in the blue" to "poking in the green". A major improvement.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 16:34   #789  |  Link
levi

lsfmod works
levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 17:10   #790  |  Link
zmaster
nvidia user

Is there any way to make anti-aliasing?
p/s: «Anti-aliasing x64» of course
zmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 19:01   #791  |  Link
tomcat_

i have installed avisynth the way it was described on the first post however i have noticed that:

1. the time on the analysis it takes quite longer than the 32bit before (for the same movie)

2. After i press save on the avs script creater a video preview window opens while before it wasn't.

am i doing something obviously wrong or other users experienced the same?
tomcat_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 05:16   #792  |  Link
DarkDream
Banned

64-Bit AVISynth wont install

Windows XP 64-Bit

This is my first 64 bit operating system and I cant get this to install.

It says I need Administrator privilages to install it. I am the damn administrator and the only account on the computer so thats fucked up.

I go to right click it and choose Run as Administrator and that doesnt even show up in windows, its not there to even click like it is on my other computer.

What should I do? i tried editing that out of the batch file where it checks for administrator privilages and it doesnt even work then.
DarkDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 06:10   #793  |  Link
DarkDream
Banned

NVM i edited the batch file again and got it to work this time without needing admin crap
Old 11th March 2012, 06:16   #794  |  Link
DarkDream
Banned

Windows XP 64-Bit

I try to run MeGui in 64 bit mode enabled and thats the error I get when it starts to encode my video. avs4x264mod.exe

I have AVISynth 64-Bit installed

Why is MeGui giving me this error? how would I go about fixing this?
Old 25th May 2012, 22:06   #795  |  Link
XMEN3

Sorry, would be possible medianblur x64 and removegrainHD ? thanks anyway

Last edited by XMEN3; 1st June 2012 at 20:29.
XMEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 18:55   #796  |  Link
Jou
Master of wasting time.

This is the first time in 14 years I need to post a question here, previously everything I needed to ask has already been answered somewhere else or I had to post in another forum...

Request: Multidecimate for Avisynth in x64 http://neuron2.net/multidecimate/multidecimate.html
I would only need the MultiDecimate.dll in x64, the rest of the filter does not really need to be x64. If possible without too much work: Make it accept RGB directly so ConvertToYUY2() is not needed.

Reason: I record some game videos in 3968x2480 with pseudo-60-fps in fraps. Generates huge amount of duplicate/identical frames in an irregular patten. Multidecimate is the most simple way to get rid of them.

BUT: I cannot encode that resolution with 32 bit virtualdub/avidemux/x264.exe or any other codec I tried. I HAVE to use x64 to just encode the video.
My ugly workaround was: Since the videos were rather short and I had enough space I could save the multidecumated video as uncompressed video, 2 Minutes 40 Seconds made a nearly 400 GB .avi.
But it would be SO much more elegant to have multidecimate for x64 avisynth to spare that workaround.
(Results at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y335WQvGzY and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FhUKndMrAY , including links to the original encodings which require an OC'ed i7 just to play...)
Jou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 19:04   #797  |  Link
thewebchat
Advanced Blogging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jou View Post
This is the first time in 14 years I need to post a question here, previously everything I needed to ask has already been answered somewhere else or I had to post in another forum...

Request: Multidecimate for Avisynth in x64 http://neuron2.net/multidecimate/multidecimate.html
I would only need the MultiDecimate.dll in x64, the rest of the filter does not really need to be x64. If possible without too much work: Make it accept RGB directly so ConvertToYUY2() is not needed.

Reason: I record some game videos in 3968x2480 with pseudo-60-fps in fraps. Generates huge amount of duplicate/identical frames in an irregular patten. Multidecimate is the most simple way to get rid of them.

BUT: I cannot encode that resolution with 32 bit virtualdub/avidemux/x264.exe or any other codec I tried. I HAVE to use x64 to just encode the video.
My ugly workaround was: Since the videos were rather short and I had enough space I could save the multidecumated video as uncompressed video, 2 Minutes 40 Seconds made a nearly 400 GB .avi.
But it would be SO much more elegant to have multidecimate for x64 avisynth to spare that workaround.
(Results at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y335WQvGzY and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FhUKndMrAY , including links to the original encodings which require an OC'ed i7 just to play...)
  1. Multidecimate is a CLOSED SOURCE plugin so nobody but the author can help you.
  2. There is no reason you can't use 32-bit Avisynth to do this. Please read about the standard input/output interface available in all Windows versions since DOS.
  3. 64-bit Avisynth is a DEAD project so there is no point in posting anything to this thread.
thewebchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 19:29   #798  |  Link
Jou
Master of wasting time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewebchat View Post
  1. Multidecimate is a CLOSED SOURCE plugin so nobody but the author can help you.
  2. There is no reason you can't use 32-bit Avisynth to do this. Please read about the standard input/output interface available in all Windows versions since DOS.
  3. 64-bit Avisynth is a DEAD project so there is no point in posting anything to this thread.
Closed source - damn.

I know redirection, I tried the "avs2yuv.exe input.avs - | x264-x64.exe --stdin y4m" way which I used until about ~two years ago. Since then the x264-vfw codec and avidemux x264 implementations were good enough to get rid of that workaround. But it didn't work here. Recent versions of x264 threw me an error, older versions work, but I didn't invest much time since the uncompressed workaround was the lazier way.

Last edited by Jou; 10th June 2012 at 19:31. Reason: bad grammar
Jou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 21:03   #799  |  Link
GrofLuigi
Member of a Library

Hi,

Any solution for the green frames yet?

My script consist only of MPEG2Source ("x.d2v"). Is the plugin buggy?

I will try to learn FFMpegSource, but currently I need DGDecode. Is there another version maybe?

And by the way, this is vital. It should be put into the installer. DirectShow (read: MPC-HC) doesn't work without it. I banged my head against the wall until I remembered to .

* Edit: this is all on x64, of course.

* Edit2: both 4/16/2010 and 3/19/2010 releases.

GL

Last edited by GrofLuigi; 4th November 2012 at 21:06.
GrofLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 22:02   #800  |  Link
cweb

Why don't you use DGINDEX instead? It's more up-to-date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrofLuigi View Post
Hi,

Any solution for the green frames yet?

My script consist only of MPEG2Source ("x.d2v"). Is the plugin buggy?

I will try to learn FFMpegSource, but currently I need DGDecode. Is there another version maybe?

And by the way, this is vital. It should be put into the installer. DirectShow (read: MPC-HC) doesn't work without it. I banged my head against the wall until I remembered to .

* Edit: this is all on x64, of course.

* Edit2: both 4/16/2010 and 3/19/2010 releases.

GL