Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 26th May 2012, 22:06   #1  |  Link
Eric69

Subtitles in Scenarist 5.2

Hi

Seasoned SD author for years and have authored to replication 6 BD titles in the past 4 years. Easy titles with multi-audio, chapters, ect. Ive always managed to get around issues by asking question here and from my past experience as a Scenarist SD author.

My client has no Sonic/Rovi support at this point and Ive been instructed to author a title with multi-subs---something Ive never done before. I have a little understanding of the BDN xml and associated PNGs.

Could someone go over the details of this xml and explain the authoring details as well? Maybe provide a sample? Any potential potholes? Authoring issues I need to be aware of regarding Display flags on/off, ect? basically stuff not included in Sonic/Rovi's wonderful manuals

The client is supposedly providing the correct BDN file sets and this scares me as well....any comments?

I hate being in a situation where Ive done no testing and its my ass on the line....but I find myself here once again

Basic title with the subs --- Off, Spanish, French Buttons

I would truly appreciate anyone's help ....Thanks!

Last edited by Eric69; 26th May 2012 at 22:22.
Eric69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 06:41   #2  |  Link
rik1138

Well, in my experience, if the XML file is created correctly for Blu-ray (and Scenarist specifically), they usually just work. You import them, make sure they are labelled the correct language, and that's it. Timecode is the only thing you have to be aware of. If your video starts at 01:00:00:00, and the subtitle vendor starts them at 00:00:00:00 or something, they won't line up... Just verify that they are using the exact master you are using for video.

Scenarist requires a specific palette color order (specifically, Scenarist will make the last color of the 256 color palette that one that's transparent, so it better be an unused color... ) But if it's coming from a real subtitle vendor, you probably won't have any problems with them.
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 03:22   #3  |  Link
Eric69

Thanks Rik....I appreciate it
Eric69 is offline   Reply With Quote