Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 27th December 2011, 18:44   #13861  |  Link
Wizzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
you say aften errors, afaik aften.exe was swapped for a different one in 39.05. Try using 39.06 with the aften.exe from 39.04
Thanks for the reply, but my issue is not with aften anymore. ;-) as I stated, I found a workaround for the aften errors when encoding to BD-25.

My current issue is with video encoding, not audio encoding, and it's with encoding to BD-5 (check the log).

Any idea?
Wizzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 23:57   #13862  |  Link
Sicilian

Problem with several titles converting to BD-5 or BD-9

Reposting this message, because of little response.

The first title that had this problem was Fellowship of the Ring. What happens is that at some point the video freezes at a certain frame, but the audio continues. I checked the original video (ripped with AnyDVD), and it plays all the way through without freezing. I have tried full-disc, and movie only encodes, but the video freezes at the same frame every time. I figured it was a bad rip, so I borrowed a friends disc. The video freezes at exactly the same frame!

I have played back the created file with TotalMedia Theater, and other programs on my computer, as well as my Sony bluray player. They all show the same problem.

This has now been happening more frequently. Other titles with the same problem are Skyline, Transformers 3, Thor, Matrix, to a few off hand.

Please help!!!
Old 28th December 2011, 02:42   #13863  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Hello,

0.39.06, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, 6GB RAM and Multi-Core.

I have English set for Audio and Subs to keep.
I have the options set to Not Reencode AC3 or DTS and I'm ~currently~ testing Movie Only in DVD-5, and Alternative Movie-Only Output; which is MKV Intact Audio. Other modes are on my To Do list. I was noticing DTS was being ReRendered to AC3 in DVD-5 and Alternative mode until I had a feeling inside..."Checked Keep HD Audio for BD25!" and that stopped the re-rendering to AC3. For Alternative mode neither Subs aren't in the MKV container. After Alternative MKV mode, if I disable (X) the first Multi-Chan and click it states there was a job previously started and asks if I wish it to resume previous job.

I'm currently testing with Toy Story. When I change settings in Setup, I see the rescan happen and the choices for Audio remain selected but the Last English Subtitle (there are 2) is X'd. I have to re-enable it.

I hope this is helpful. Need logs?

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 28th December 2011 at 02:56.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 13:46   #13864  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

@amiga: do you have the checkbox ticked under audio/video that sais "limit to one track for each language"? That would explain why the last english subtitle gets removed.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 16:49   #13865  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs - "Pes packet len too large(>100Mb)"

Posted by "allright" December 2nd Post#13679:
Quote:
Tried to do the classic disney movie Pinocchio, but I'm getting this error: Pes packet len too large ( >100Mb). Bad stream or invalid codec speciffed.
I could find no meaningful response thus far to this post by "allright'.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Today, I was making a 25Gb "Full Disc" copy of the FIRST "Cars" (Disney) Blu-ray disc and received the following message after approximately 80% overall completion:

"- [01:06:28] Multiplexing M2TS
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00060.meta
- Pes packet len too large ( >100Mb). Bad stream or invalid codec speciffed.
[01:09:19] - Failed to build structure, aborted"

Additional info:

1) 00060.M2TS is the main movie
2) I previously made a succesful "movie-only" backup
3) Each of the two hard drives involved has more than 100Gb free

What does this "pes packet" error message indicate?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 16:56   #13866  |  Link
jdobbs

That's a TSMUXER message. It usually indicates a corrupt source.
Old 28th December 2011, 17:03   #13867  |  Link
jdobbs

BD Rebuilder v0.39.07 (beta)

I have updated the first post of this thread with links to a new version of BD-RB (v0.39.07). Changes for this release:
Code:
- Corrected and AVS issue related to the use of
  true pulldown sources with the "IVTC_480i"
  hidden setting. 
- Regressed default AFTEN.EXE to that prior to
  v0.39.5. This corrects issues on some systems.
- Modified audio encoding so that a second AFTEN
  version will be tried before encode failure is
  reported -- this is a workaround for certain
  incompatibilities in some AFTEN releases on 
  different computers.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Old 28th December 2011, 17:38   #13868  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

A minor boo-boo regarding Post#1 link for v.39.07:

"You can download the BD-RB beta from this link:" - SHOWS link as 39.06 although it properly links to 39.07...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 17:52   #13869  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

I see a new menu mode has appeared. What's the difference between "movie & menu's" and "edit mode" besides the obvious clue? Or is it like i think it is

Movie & Menu's (auto blank extra's) = non-double clicked disc title > BDRB decides on its own what gets blanked
Double click disc title = "edit mode gets checked in the menu" > user has full control over what BDRB gets to blank and can unselect streams

** edit ** am i correct in assuming that this is the fix you implemented for that edit flag issue i reported a while back

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 28th December 2011 at 19:05.
Old 28th December 2011, 19:04   #13870  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

A minor boo-boo regarding Post#1 link for v.39.07:

"You can download the BD-RB beta from this link:" - SHOWS link as 39.06 although it properly links to 39.07...
Whoops. Fixed it.
Old 28th December 2011, 19:05   #13871  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I see a new menu mode has appeared. What's the difference between "movie & menu's" and "edit mode" besides the obvious clue? Or is it like i think it is

Movie & Menu's (auto blank extra's) = non-double clicked disc title > BDRB decides on its own what gets blanked
Double click disc title = "edit mode gets checked in the menu" > user has full control over what BDRB gets to blank and can unselect streams
Edit mode is the same thing as double-clicking on the title. As it implies, it enables "edit mode".

The two are independent of each other (as they always have been). So you could select movie-and-menus to automatically blank -- but then restore one of the blanked "extras" using edit mode.
Old 28th December 2011, 19:44   #13872  |  Link
omegaman7

Encoded "Black Death 2010" yesterday. The input BD size was 23.8Gb. Output is 22.4Gb. The thing is, the completed Main title(m2ts) is larger than the input. Original is 19.3Gb, output is 20.1Gb. I added "QUICK_CRF=24" in the hopes that it would compress the extras enough, so that there would be no need to encode the main title. Perhaps a 'check' can be adapted into the code, that would recheck before encoding the main title? That way it sees how much space is left after the extras are already encoded There were no extra audio tracks to remove, or I would have gone that route. Oddly, I've had 25Gb+ jobs, that compressed the extras enough(without intervention), and no encoding of the main title.
Is there anything wrong with my replacing the encoded m2ts, with the original? I wouldn't think so.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Black Death SETINF and LOG.zip (2.9 KB, 17 views)
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 20:13   #13873  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

then edit mode is what i've been doing from the start. Manually restoring streams (like the menu issue we talked about a while back that got selected for blanking). Nothing new on that end then just that there's now a menu option too alongside the double clicking method.
Old 28th December 2011, 20:15   #13874  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
@amiga: do you have the checkbox ticked under audio/video that sais "limit to one track for each language"? That would explain why the last english subtitle gets removed.
I unchecked it before, but I missed that it got checked again when I was trying different settings. I'll test anew.
Old 28th December 2011, 20:56   #13875  |  Link
alfalaval

Quote:

** edit ** am i correct in assuming that this is the fix you implemented for that edit flag issue i reported a while back

where is the new menu mode?? i don't find it ( please help i'm italian and my english is poor)
tnx
alfalaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 20:59   #13876  |  Link
omegaman7

Mode --> Edit Mode (Manual Blanking).

Mine is greyed, because I'm in movie only backup.
Old 28th December 2011, 21:13   #13877  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfalaval View Post
where is the new menu mode?? i don't find it ( please help i'm italian and my english is poor)
tnx
it probably won't appear unless you've got the hidden option enabled that enables the test feature for blanking
Old 28th December 2011, 21:14   #13878  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
it probably won't appear unless you've got the hidden option enabled that enables the test feature for blanking
You're correct. Oops...
Old 28th December 2011, 22:05   #13879  |  Link
alfalaval

how can i enable the hidden option? please help :-(
alfalaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 22:09   #13880  |  Link
sytyguy

Enable_test=1
sytyguy is offline   Reply With Quote