Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17th November 2011, 18:18   #7061  |  Link
iSeries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 426
Hi,

Thanks - I just tried to register the splitter from the debug build and I got an error saying "The module "LAVSplitter.ax failed to load"?

I had used EasyBD to mux them - I've emailed their support about it but they are adamant that it is not an EasyBD issue. Indeed, all muxes made with EasyBD have played in my three standalone players perfectly.

Last edited by iSeries; 17th November 2011 at 18:24.
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 18:23   #7062  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Thanks - I just tried to register the splitter from the debug build and I got an error saying "The module "LAVSplitter.ax failed to load"?
Ah, my bad, use this instead:

http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVFilters-...605-debug2.zip
__________________
LAV Filters - open source ffmpeg based media splitter and decoders
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 18:33   #7063  |  Link
iSeries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 426
Thanks Nev, here are the logs:

http://www.mediafire.com/?aue6muh3dba97t3
http://www.mediafire.com/?yssyx1p2ckvzkvb

Last edited by iSeries; 17th November 2011 at 18:39.
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 18:54   #7064  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Thanks Nev, here are the logs:
In the LAV Splitter options, uncheck "Try to fix broken HD-PVR recordings" and see if that then breaks the m2ts playback?

That seems to be the only big difference between m2ts playback or Blu-ray playback.
__________________
LAV Filters - open source ffmpeg based media splitter and decoders
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 20:21   #7065  |  Link
VipZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London
Posts: 373
Nev, I read that you are looking to support DVD decoding and possibly putting the subs directly on the image. Hope this is part of the work you talking about that's wont be available for awhile

I assume LAV Video would need to deinterlace the video 1st for this, or not needed?
__________________
Windows 10 Pro x64, CPU: Core i7 6700K, GPU: GeForce GTX 980 /w 355.60, Audio: HDMI to Yamaha RX-A3010 (5.1)
VipZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 20:22   #7066  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipZ View Post
I assume LAV Video would need to deinterlace the video 1st for this, or not needed?
Actually, i'm not sure. Since the subtitles don't move, i think it might be OK'ish.
For the future, i'm exploring ideas to send them to the renderer for painting onto the image after all its processing.
__________________
LAV Filters - open source ffmpeg based media splitter and decoders
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 20:29   #7067  |  Link
VipZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Actually, i'm not sure. Since the subtitles don't move, i think it might be OK'ish.
For the future, i'm exploring ideas to send them to the renderer for painting onto the image after all its processing.
Yep, when I 1st thought about it I assumed it would be required, but as you say, they don't move so it may work. Also would doing such a thing mess the interlaced flags on the video stream?

I do prefer the rendering of subs to the renderer myself.
__________________
Windows 10 Pro x64, CPU: Core i7 6700K, GPU: GeForce GTX 980 /w 355.60, Audio: HDMI to Yamaha RX-A3010 (5.1)
VipZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 21:17   #7068  |  Link
joe42
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Without looking at the file, i guess its interlaced, and thus not supported.

Edit:
After looking at the file, i'm sure its interlaced.
Use the MS decoder.
I found that madVR's video decoder works well if you include the Intel decoder DLL. It seems that madVR is smart enough to use the libav decoder for non-interlaced VC-1, and to automatically use the Intel decoder for interlaced VC-1.

I guess that is an advantage to the way madVR integrates its decoder? Or is it possible for LAV video decoder to do something similar?
joe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 21:18   #7069  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe42 View Post
I found that madVR's video decoder works well if you include the Intel decoder DLL. It seems that madVR is smart enough to use the libav decoder for non-interlaced VC-1, and to automatically use the Intel decoder for interlaced VC-1.

I guess that is an advantage to the way madVR integrates its decoder? Or is it possible for LAV video decoder to do something similar?
I don't understand why you don't just simply use the Microsoft decoder? Its faster and decodes every VC-1 stream available.
__________________
LAV Filters - open source ffmpeg based media splitter and decoders
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 21:29   #7070  |  Link
jmonier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I don't understand why you don't just simply use the Microsoft decoder? Its faster and decodes every VC-1 stream available.
My experience with the Microsoft decoder is that it uses a lot more CPU time for VC-1 interlaced than non-interlaced. Since it's apparently not multi-threaded, that means that one processor can get close to the practical limit.

One VC-1 interlaced file that I have won't run smoothly on anything less than than an i7-960 using the Microsoft decoder.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 21:32   #7071  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
My experience with the Microsoft decoder is that it uses a lot more CPU time for VC-1 interlaced than non-interlaced. Since it's apparently not multi-threaded, that means that one processor can get close to the practical limit.

One VC-1 interlaced file that I have won't run smoothly on anything less than than an i7-960 using the Microsoft decoder.
The libav or Intel decoders aren't any better.
libav is not multi-threaded, and of course fails on interlaced completely. The Intel decoder seems generally to be pretty slow.
__________________
LAV Filters - open source ffmpeg based media splitter and decoders
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 21:45   #7072  |  Link
iSeries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
In the LAV Splitter options, uncheck "Try to fix broken HD-PVR recordings" and see if that then breaks the m2ts playback?

That seems to be the only big difference between m2ts playback or Blu-ray playback.
Hi Nev,

I'm out at the moment but will do as soon as I'm home. So if I uncheck that and m2ts playback then also becomes bad does that mean a muxing issue?
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 21:46   #7073  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
So if I uncheck that and m2ts playback then also becomes bad does that mean a muxing issue?
Yes, but it also means i can fix it.
It would probably help if you can cut a small sample off the m2ts and upload it to mediafire or similar (~20mb would be good). Use something like DGSplit, not a special mpegts splitter.
__________________
LAV Filters - open source ffmpeg based media splitter and decoders

Last edited by nevcairiel; 17th November 2011 at 21:49.
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 21:51   #7074  |  Link
iSeries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Yes, but it also means i can fix it.
Hmmm the EasyBD guys were adamant to the point of dismissive that this is not an EasyBD muxing issue. Although if it was wouldn't playback also be choppy in a standalone player?

Glad that you can fix it though - although a bit annoyed that the software that I've paid for is at fault. Looks like I'll be going back to tsMuxer

Will certainly provide a small sample for you.

Last edited by iSeries; 17th November 2011 at 21:55.
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 21:54   #7075  |  Link
joe42
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I don't understand why you don't just simply use the Microsoft decoder? Its faster and decodes every VC-1 stream available.
I guess I like to minimize the number of external filters in my list. I don't have a good reason I can explain for my preference. But madVR appears to do what I wanted, so why do you think I should use the Microsoft decoder? Is it better than madVR's combo of libav for VC-1(p) and Intel for VC-1(i)?

And just to verify, by "Microsoft decoder", do you mean "WMVideo Decoder DMO"?
joe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 21:55   #7076  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe42 View Post
I guess I like to minimize the number of external filters in my list. I don't have a good reason I can explain for my preference. But madVR appears to do what I wanted, so why do you think I should use the Microsoft decoder? Is it better than madVR's combo of libav for VC-1(p) and Intel for VC-1(i)?

And just to verify, by "Microsoft decoder", do you mean "WMVideo Decoder DMO"?
Thats the right filter, and yes, the MS decoder is better then those two.
__________________
LAV Filters - open source ffmpeg based media splitter and decoders
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 21:57   #7077  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Will certainly provide a small sample for you.
Cut the sample off the start of the file, and if you can, also upload the Blu-ray metadata with it, the two bdmv files, the playlists and clipinfo files, so that i can directly see the difference.
__________________
LAV Filters - open source ffmpeg based media splitter and decoders
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 22:04   #7078  |  Link
iSeries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Cut the sample off the start of the file, and if you can, also upload the Blu-ray metadata with it, the two bdmv files, the playlists and clipinfo files, so that i can directly see the difference.
Ok no problem with the bdmv files etc, although how do I provide the metadata?

Thanks again!
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 22:06   #7079  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamburg/Germany
Posts: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Ok no problem - how do I provide the metadata?

Thanks again.
Just zip up following files/directorys:

BDMV\index.bdmv
BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv
BDMV\PLAYLIST
BDMV\CLIPINF

Add to that some 20mb of sample from the m2ts, and it should be good.
__________________
LAV Filters - open source ffmpeg based media splitter and decoders
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 22:16   #7080  |  Link
Matching_Mole
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Thats the right filter, and yes, the MS decoder is better then those two.
For VC-1 encoded blu-ray I use Arcsoft one because it is multithreaded and works perfectly on interlaced VC-1 file, so it is far better than these ones. Its (big) issue is it do not recognize other aspect ratio that the blu-ray one. But personally I don't care because I don't have other VC-1 file that the Blu-ray ones and so I'm happy with it.

I know that "reverse engineering" to use ASVC1Vid.dll is far too big but use it in LAV Video Filter as LAV Audio Filter do with dtsdecoderdll.dll would be the better situation possible... We can just hope that someday libav VC-1 decoder will be "finished".
Matching_Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.