Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 15th May 2011, 15:06   #101  |  Link
Dogway

Thanks for the new version, I really liked Dither_lut*8() functions, but I wondered whether Dither_lut*16() would be possible, seems more logical having also Dither_convert_8_to_16 in the pack.
Old 15th May 2011, 21:02   #102  |  Link
cretindesalpes
͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
but I wondered whether Dither_lut*16() would be possible
It's possible, but not implemented as lookup tables, and it would be much slower than the mt_lut*. Also, this is not a trivial task.

But wait, there is a new dither version today:
  • Dfttest has been modified to make it accept 16-bit input clips (v1.8 mod16b). It's now possible to apply a curve on the input and the inverse curve to the output to protect dark shades for example, without resolution loss or risk of color banding.
  • Made available the two internal components of the SmoothGrad function: Dither_box_filter16 and Dither_limit_dif16.
  • Added Dither_bilateral16, a bilateral filter giving cleaner results than the box filter for gradient smoothing.
  • Improved GradFun3:
    • Better detail/edge masking with adjustable thresholds and optional mask display for debugging purpose.
    • Added two smoothing modes using the modified dfttest and the new bilateral filter. The latter is slow as hell and should be considered as experimental.
  • Added a Dither_crop16 function to properly crop stacked 16-bit clips.
  • Added a luma parameter to Dither_merge16_8 and fixed a slight chroma bug.

Next, I'm planning to write a 16-bit resizer. This could be used to do high bitdepth colorspace conversions.

Last edited by cretindesalpes; 15th May 2011 at 21:05.
cretindesalpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 10:00   #103  |  Link
Dogway

ooh shhh**. You are the man! so 16-bit resizer and colorspace conversion, then by being linear, gamma isn't an issue here, right? That's better news than expected if done right. I hope to use your spline36 then next time. Although lately I discovered MultiSWAR resizer by *.mp4 guy which works wonders for animated content.

Also Im going to test your Dither_bilateral16 function. Although it is only space dimensional I think I couldn't afford more through dither. I really try to refrain using dfttest as much for animation, not only it produces temporal artifacts/ghosting but it also blurs lineart or details, and use instead a combination of a good temporal with a bilateral, like ttempsmooth+tnlmeans.
Old 16th May 2011, 11:03   #104  |  Link
Heaud

Tried out that smode 2 and it indeed is slow as all hell. Visually, it's slightly better than smode 1 and both new modes are way much better than the old method. Looks like I no longer have to do a 5 pass smoothgrad any more!
Heaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 19:24   #105  |  Link
SilaSurfer

Quote:
Although lately I discovered MultiSWAR resizer by *.mp4 guy which works wonders for animated content.
For upsizing I presume?

Nice work cretindesalpes!
SilaSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 19:45   #106  |  Link
Dogway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilaSurfer View Post
For upsizing I presume?
Ye, didn't try downsizing tho. In my pack I included a modified version for awarpsharp2 and masktools2, but Id like to remove/replace more dependencies of old or I-dont-use-much plugins.

I tested Dither_bilateral16. It works ok a bit too raw maybe, I will try to use some combination of edge/luma/difference mask. Also the get_msb/lsb function saves any speed or is just for convenience?
Old 17th May 2011, 22:55   #107  |  Link
cretindesalpes

Quote:
I tested Dither_bilateral16. It works ok a bit too raw maybe, I will try to use some combination of edge/luma/difference mask.
Indeed, this function alone hasn't any protection. Its main target is blurring everything to smooth the gradients, but in a smarter way than the box filter do (taking only close colors into account). I recommend adding a first protection with Dither_limit_dif16(). Then, use a mask on the result. This is how it is implemented in GradFun3(). I have ideas to optimize the bilateral filter, but unfortunately I wouldn't expect significant speed gains.

Quote:
Also the get_msb/lsb function saves any speed or is just for convenience?
It is just for convenience. Well, it's just a Crop(), so it would be difficult to write something faster!
Old 19th May 2011, 10:55   #108  |  Link
ESPARO

I have a problem when I use GradFun3 ()

when i used it no error appears but the video turn to " Green" screen

i install Masktools 2 a48 before I install the filters.. any feedback?

i also re install the avisynth .. but no different ..
ESPARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 11:16   #109  |  Link
cretindesalpes

Could you please post your script? Which Avisynth version do you use ?
Old 19th May 2011, 17:50   #110  |  Link
ESPARO

this is my script :
Quote:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\dgmpgdec158\DGDecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ColorMatrix.dll")
DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\Users\Luffy\Desktop\Ao-No\onepiece-498.D2V", info=3)
tfm(D2V="C:\Users\Luffy\Desktop\Ao-No\onepiece-498.D2V")
trim(4625,9110)+trim(11220,34018)+trim(40612,54817)
gradfun3()
and I use AVIsynth 2.5.8 .. AND I tried 2.5.7 too
and there is no news just green clip ..

I tried it at many script but no different and

DitherPost and the others is work fine with me ..!
only gradfun3 () is not working fine.
Old 19th May 2011, 23:52   #111  |  Link
cretindesalpes

I think you still have an old Masktools version installed somewhere and autoloaded by Avisynth. This is the only way I could reproduce this green screen. Search on your disk mt_masktools.dll, mt_masktools-25.dll and possibly mt_masktools-26.dll, remove the culprit(s), then install the latest version.

Last edited by cretindesalpes; 20th May 2011 at 00:03.
cretindesalpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 00:34   #112  |  Link
ESPARO

Thx a lot .. that's works with me ^_^
Old 28th May 2011, 22:39   #113  |  Link
cretindesalpes

Dither 1.8.1:
  • Optimised Dither_bilateral16 with SSE(2) and introduced a subsampling parameter. This gives more than a 150-fold speed increase with the default settings at the cost of a minor quality loss, making the function usable now.
  • Still in Dither_bilateral16, fixed a bug related to the use of a ref clip.
  • Added a troubleshooting section to the documentation.
Old 29th May 2011, 14:48   #114  |  Link
SilaSurfer

Example of your functions from user guide that came in the package

o = last
Dither2Pre ("TTempSmooth (lthresh=16, cthresh=20, lmdiff=8, cmdiff=12, scthresh=48)", overlap=0, tvopt=true)
ref = last
mask = DitherPost (mode=-1).mt_edge (mode="min/max", thY1=0, thY2=255, thC1=0, thC2=255)
mask = mask.mt_binarize (1, u=3, v=3).mt_expand (u=3, v=3).mt_expand (u=3, v=3)
mask = mask.RemoveGrain (20).RemoveGrain (20)
Dither_bilateral16 (radius=16, thr=1.5, wmin=1, flat=0.75)
Dither_bilateral16 (radius=8, thr=2.5, wmin=1, flat=0.33, ref=ref)
Dither_limit_dif16 (ref, thr=0.3)
DitherPost ()
mt_merge (last, o, mask, u=3, v=3)

Could Ttempsmooth be replaced with modified dfttest so Ditherpre wouldn't be needed

o = last
Dfttest(settings) #16bit output
ref = last
mask = DitherPost (mode=-1).mt_edge (mode="min/max", thY1=0, thY2=255, thC1=0, thC2=255)
mask = mask.mt_binarize (1, u=3, v=3).mt_expand (u=3, v=3).mt_expand (u=3, v=3)
mask = mask.RemoveGrain (20).RemoveGrain (20)
Dither_bilateral16 (radius=16, thr=1.5, wmin=1, flat=0.75)
Dither_bilateral16 (radius=8, thr=2.5, wmin=1, flat=0.33, ref=ref)
Dither_limit_dif16 (ref, thr=0.3)
DitherPost ()
mt_merge (last, o, mask, u=3, v=3)

Nice work on optimizations.
Old 29th May 2011, 17:25   #115  |  Link
cretindesalpes

Yes, of course you can, but then you should add all the motion compensation code if tbsize is not set to 1, otherwise you'll get ghosting.
Old 31st May 2011, 15:20   #116  |  Link
SilaSurfer

I think your Mdegrain1/2/3 16bit mod instead of dfttest would be a better idea.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:42   #117  |  Link
Dogway

hey cretin, Im still testing and learning your tools. I just tested smoothcurve16 and everything's ok, but in this certain case Im doing the color correction before denoising. I use it like this:
Code:
Dither_convert_8_to_16()
smoothcurve16(ycurve="string")
dfttest(lsb_in=true,lsb=true)
#Dither1Pre("dfttest()",stacked=true)
DitherPost(stacked=true,prot=false,mode=6)
You see a commented line, this is me trying to reproduce the same behaviour with dither1pre, but it doubles the height of my already doubled(msb+lsb) input. The lsb_in parameter is something I guessed myself because I couldn't find any reference in the help.

I learned finally how to use smoothgrad but what differentiates it from gradfun3? Can I use them together? I tested gradfun3 yesterday and I remember performing better if added at the very end of the script (after ditherpost) rather than added through the masking workaround, normally right after my sharpening stage. I can elaborate more on this later on.

I also realised I had some kind of banding or dither alteration when doing a resize using spline36. I attach a sample and my script just in case something is wrong, but it could easily be the resizer being 8bit. With prot=true I was having more severe banding than this
Code:
raw=last
filtered=MT("""Dither1Pre(flt="tnlmeans(settings)",stacked=true)""",2,2,true)
msb=filtered.dither_get_msb
lsb=filtered.dither_get_lsb
filtered=filtered.DitherPost(mode=-1,stacked=true,prot=false)
msb_sharp=Contrasharpening(filtered,raw)
msb_sharp=mt_makediff (msb_sharp,filtered,y=3,u=3,v=3)
msb_sharp=mt_adddiff(msb,msb_sharp,y=3,u=3,v=3).Spline36Resize(720,480)
msb=msb.Spline36Resize(720,480)
mask=DitherBuildMask(msb_sharp,msb)
SmoothGrad(msb_sharp,lsb.BilinearResize(720,480),radius=16, thr=0.25, elast=2).DitherPost(prot=false,mask=mask)
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:47   #118  |  Link
SilaSurfer

Hello cretindesalpes.

I'm would like to use this workflow for a perticular movie:

spatial = MinBlur(1)
temporal = spatial.FluxsmoothT()
mixed = temporal.merge(spatial,0.251)
Fft=mixed.sbr()

pre = fft.MSuper(pel=2, sharp=1)
src_super = o.MSuper(pel=2, sharp=2)
backward_vec2 = MAnalyse(pre, isb = true, delta = 2, overlap=4,truemotion=false)
backward_vec1 = MAnalyse(pre, isb = true, delta = 1, overlap=4,truemotion=false)
forward_vec1 = MAnalyse(pre, isb = false, delta = 1, overlap=4,truemotion=false)
forward_vec2 = MAnalyse(pre, isb = false, delta = 2, overlap=4,truemotion=false)
Nr1=o.MDegrain2(lsb=true, src_super, backward_vec1,forward_vec1,backward_vec2,forward_vec2thSAD=300,thscd1=300,thscd2=90).contra(o)

x1=subtract(Nr1.deen("a2d",3,4,0),Nr1)
subtract(Nr1,x1)

DitherPost()

I would like to have contrasharpening, and deen enhancer between Mdegrain2 and Ditherpost with using masks and I just cant get it working. I would appreciate your help if it can be done.
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:08   #119  |  Link
Dogway

@SilaSurfer: try this if it works
Code:
filtered=o.MDegrain2(lsb=true, src_super, backward_vec1,forward_vec1,backward_vec2,forward_vec2thSAD=300,thscd1=300,thscd2=90)
con=Contra(filtered,o)
x1=subtract(con.deen("a2d",3,4,0),con)
msb_sharp=subtract(con,x1)
msb_sharp=mt_adddiff(msb,msb_sharp,y=3,u=3,v=3)
DitherPost(msb_sharp,lsb,prot=true,mask=mask)

Last edited by Dogway; 2nd June 2011 at 21:26.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:59   #120  |  Link
SilaSurfer

Quote:
@SilaSurfer: try this if it works
Code:
filtered=o.MDegrain2(lsb=true, src_super, backward_vec1,forward_vec1,backward_vec2,forward_vec2thSAD=300,thscd1=300,thscd2=90)
x1=subtract(filtered.deen("a2d",3,4,0),filtered)
msb_sharp=Contra(filtered,o).subtract(filtered,x1)
msb_sharp=mt_adddiff(msb,msb_sharp,y=3,u=3,v=3)
DitherPost(msb_sharp,lsb,prot=true,mask=mask)
Thanks for the effort Dogway, can't try it right know (encoding), but I did notice something about contrasharpening function. I have a modified version.

taken from my example above:

Code:
o=last
spatial = o.MinBlur(1)
temporal = spatial.FluxsmoothT()
mixed = temporal.merge(spatial,0.251)
Fft=mixed.sbr()

pre = fft.MSuper(pel=2, sharp=1)
src_super = o.MSuper(pel=2, sharp=2)
backward_vec2 = MAnalyse(pre, isb = true, delta = 2, overlap=4,truemotion=false)
backward_vec1 = MAnalyse(pre, isb = true, delta = 1, overlap=4,truemotion=false)
forward_vec1 = MAnalyse(pre, isb = false, delta = 1, overlap=4,truemotion=false)
forward_vec2 = MAnalyse(pre, isb = false, delta = 2, overlap=4,truemotion=false)
Nr1=o.MDegrain2(lsb=true, src_super, backward_vec1,forward_vec1,backward_vec2,forward_vec2thSAD=300,thscd1=300,thscd2=90).contra(o)
You can use it in chain reaction and only specify a source in this case (o). You don't need to input filtered source. It was modified by Didée in thread where I found it. Here is the function itself:

Code:
function contra (clip denoised, clip original)
{
s    = denoised.minblur(1,1)                       # Damp down remaining spots of the denoised clip.
allD = mt_makediff(original,denoised)              # The difference achieved by the denoising.
ssD  = mt_makediff(s,s.removegrain(11,-1))         # The difference of a simple kernel blur.
ssDD = ssD.repair(allD,1)                          # Limit the difference to the max of what the denoising removed locally.
ssDD = SSDD.mt_lutxy(ssD,"x 128 - abs y 128 - abs < x y ?") # abs(diff) after limiting may not be bigger than before.

denoised.mt_adddiff(ssDD,U=2,V=2)                  # Apply the limited difference. (Sharpening is just inverse blurring.)

return( last )
}
Thanks for your script I will try it as soon as I can.

Tags
color banding, deblocking, noise reduction