Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD Rebuilder

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:43   #1  |  Link
freewheeling

This disc can not be played!

OK, I'm starting a new thread for this because my question never got answered. Here's my original post:

Quote:
I'm using DVDRebuilder Pro 1.28.2 rebuilding from a rip created using AnyDVD, and then using that rebuild in ImgBurn to create an ISO file to burn a DVD +R. I get the message on my Samsung BD-P4600: "This disc can not be played!" I can play the disc fine using my computer's DVD Drive, as well as a Yamaha standalone DVD drive, but it won't play on my fancy new Samsung Bluray drive. The Samsung will play regular DVDs, BDs, and even backup BDs created using BDRebuilder. But it won't play the backups created using DVDRebuilder.
Then I got this response from JDOBBS:

Quote:
"It's likely the media type that is the issue. Are you using DVD-R, DVD+R? Brand? Have you tried more than one? BD Rebuilder outputs to a UDF 2.5 format -- and it's likely it acts differently with standard DVD input."
To which I responded:

Quote:
When I created the ISO image of the DVD with ImgBurn it advised me to set the output to UDF 1.02, so that's what I did (as well as ISO9660). The media I used for that was Vebatim DVD+R 16X.

When I created the ISO image of the BD disc (after using BDRebuilder) I used UDF 2.5, and the media I used was Verbatim DVD+R DL 8X.

The DVDs play in every DVD player I have, even an old Plextor drive that's about 8 years old. But they won't play in that fancy Samsung. The BDs do, though.

Strange.
He then responded that the question was on the wrong thread (I'd originally posted it as a separate thread, I think, but whatever). But there's no link to wherever the new thread was supposed to be so it just ended.

I still need a response. Why isn't the DVD playing on my BD player? This is a perennial problem with DVD Rebuilder. The discs just won't play.
freewheeling is offline   Reply With Quote