Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 6th June 2010, 16:08   #7921  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch1 View Post
If you do ever reconsider this decision I would be very grateful.
ripbot264 does just what I want it to when I run it from an administrator account. However that is not a good solution for me.

Multiple people use the computer at home, with varying knowledge. As a basic security measure a single administrator account is used to install software but all regular user accounts do not have admin rights.

Using ripbot264 means either I have to do all ripping myself or I remove the basic user security and spend longer fixing the computer when next something is accidentally deleted, buggy software is installed or a virus has free rain.

ps
In the mean time, what software do people recommend to convert .avi and .mkv files to ipod compatible mp4 format (from non admin accounts)
Rather then crippling your computer with Default M$ cruft, you might try setting up your own rules for a set of admin accounts. using the group policy editor to set your own rules.

And if you really wanted to be lazy in windows vista and 7 you can set it so that program is one of the ones; that any user can run.
Old 6th June 2010, 18:44   #7922  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

I agree with patch1. Why running software as admin? it doesn't make sense. It is very annoying to click on allow. (Looks like the XP to Vista upgrade where a lot of tools were requiring admin access too) Personally I don't use applications that require admin rights every time they are launched. I would like to see the following solution:
Move the windows register part to another application.
Only the first time you run ripbot: run the application where you do your changes to the registry.
When you start it a second time: don't run the application.

I've chosen for a similar way in AVCHDCoder:
Never ask for admin rights (only for installation). Any decoder changes to the registry are done by direct show filter tweaker. (aka a separate exe)
twazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 19:09   #7923  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch1 View Post
If you do ever reconsider this decision I would be very grateful.
ripbot264 does just what I want it to when I run it from an administrator account. However that is not a good solution for me.

Multiple people use the computer at home, with varying knowledge. As a basic security measure a single administrator account is used to install software but all regular user accounts do not have admin rights.

Using ripbot264 means either I have to do all ripping myself or I remove the basic user security and spend longer fixing the computer when next something is accidentally deleted, buggy software is installed or a virus has free rain.

ps
In the mean time, what software do people recommend to convert .avi and .mkv files to ipod compatible mp4 format (from non admin accounts)
I use a program called [spam]. It's pretty fast / good. Not sure of any free programs...maybe Handbrake?

Last edited by Guest; 7th June 2010 at 00:25. Reason: 5
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 19:43   #7924  |  Link
Zorro70

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Atak,

Mine has frozen on "Muxing..." now twice. Any suggestions?

same here stuck on muxing for over 6 hours.
ive gone into the ripbot folder and muxed the audio and video myself which worked fine, but isnt ideal.

any workaround atak

thanks for the great program!!!

Last edited by Zorro70; 6th June 2010 at 19:49.
Zorro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 20:19   #7925  |  Link
Hersha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro70 View Post
same here stuck on muxing for over 6 hours.
ive gone into the ripbot folder and muxed the audio and video myself which worked fine, but isnt ideal.

any workaround atak

thanks for the great program!!!
I get the same error when trying to convert to AVCHD. But it seems kinda random. I seems to happen about half the time I try it. This is on W7 x64 BTW.

Oh and is there any way to make it use more threads? I have one of those 6 core i7 monsters and it feels down right wrong being able to play games while its converting and it not even touch the convert speed.
Hersha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 20:51   #7926  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

To all who have problems with AVCHD: You must find a rule why it hangs. For example. If it hangs during muxing stage then kill tsmuxer.exe manually and try to manually execute jobx_MuxFiles.cmd
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 21:03   #7927  |  Link
Zorro70

yes it was encoding avchd that it hangs atak, il do your suggested workaround.

just for info im using windows vista ultimate, had no problems with 1.15.1 version.

have only encoded 2 films so far both kept muxing, no big deal as long as you know how to use ts muxer, ts muxer worked on the files inside the temp ripbot folder.!!!

EDIT, tried jobx_muxFiles.cmd and it muxed in the command window to 100%, but on checking my original output folder which was on my desktop there was nothing in there.

Should i have checked the actual ripbot folder using that method???

ive deleted that folder now damn it so cant check.

thanks btw

Last edited by Zorro70; 6th June 2010 at 21:13.
Old 6th June 2010, 21:10   #7928  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
EDIT, tried jobx_muxFiles.cmd and it muxed in the command window, but nothing showed up when it was done!!!!
show me content of jobx_muxFiles.cmd and tsmuxer.meta
Old 7th June 2010, 00:57   #7929  |  Link
Zorro70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post

will post it as soon as this one has encoded, about 2 hours from now.

is it possible that it has something to do with the old Haali media splitter we had to use in the other version, im going to update to 1.10.175 when this encode has finished.

il post the stats as soon as possible, if it doesnt mux properly

Old 7th June 2010, 01:03   #7930  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
To all who have problems with AVCHD: You must find a rule why it hangs. For example. If it hangs during muxing stage then kill tsmuxer.exe manually and try to manually execute jobx_MuxFiles.cmd
The problem is if I go to work and have 3 movies set to encode while I'm gone, I get home to find that one has been trying to mux for the past x number of hours. I guess I will go back to 1.15.1 until an update is issued. Seems like a bug in 1.16.0. Still, it's a great program, Atak!

For reference, I encoded Nacho Libre with no muxing error. I then tried to encode the LOTR trilogy, and all three froze on muxing. All three were set to be DVD-9 size; so, I tried an encode to DVD-5 to see if that was the problem, and it still froze. I don't know what the deal is...
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 02:42   #7931  |  Link
SmVueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Where do you get these MKV anime files?
Well.
Usually anime mkv movies contains karaoke subtitles which usually is .ass or .ssa subtitles.
I am a really big karaoke fan and the experience from the song in the opening and ending disappears when u convert the subtitles to .srt, and that is exactly what other converters do. There is no option at all in other converters to use the ssa or ass subtitle included...

I really hope that Atak would think about my questions, it would really mean a lot for me if something like what i wrote would be added.
SmVueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 03:17   #7932  |  Link

Struck for rule 6 due to your evasion of my direct question.

@all

Do not respond to this issue.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 03:55   #7933  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmVueno View Post
There is no option at all in other converters to use the ssa or ass subtitle included...
Any shell-type program, like RipBot, which uses AVS scripts, should be able to handle .ASS subs just fine. Just manually insert a few lines, like:

Loadplugin("D:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\VSFilter\VSFilter.dll")
video=TextSub(video,"C:\video\mf16.ass")

Just be sure to install the required fonts first, of course.
Old 7th June 2010, 04:40   #7934  |  Link
SmVueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Struck for rule 6 due to your evasion of my direct question.

@all

Do not respond to this issue.
I will respond to this issue!
Sorry for missunderstanding your question, i am tired and didn't read your question properly. I never tried to avoid the question.

I have a lot of anime dvd boxes and everytime i get new ones i download fansubbed subtitle that has karaoke and colored subtitles.
The best subtitles are fansubbed so i just visit fansub pages and download the subtitles (which is not illigaly). My internet speed is really bad and i dont download the animes itself because that will take years (if that's what the warning i got thanks to you suggested).
I support the anime creators so YES I BUY my anime.
To convert my dvd boxes directly from dvd to mkv is pretty easy with River Past Video Cleaner. And then i can just mux in the ssa or ass subtitle. But that's still not the problem here the problem is to get my freaking mkv files to Ipod mp4 with hardcoded ssa or ass subtitle and i dont know how to do that in a simple and fast way that's automaticly done or at least easier than converting every single manually.
I have a copy of every single anime i have in my bookcase on my harddrive (so yes i do own them all) and i want to have them on my ipod too...

Is this good enough for you or do i have to send you photos of my anime collection that i am so proud of!?

Now i'm not just tired, now i'm irritated too.
I am from sweden so i hope people wont be so picky about my spelling and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Any shell-type program, like RipBot, which uses AVS scripts, should be able to handle .ASS subs just fine. Just manually insert a few lines, like:

Loadplugin("D:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\VSFilter\VSFilter.dll")
video=TextSub(video,"C:\video\mf16.ass")

Just be sure to install the required fonts first, of course.
Thanks a lot for your help! Ur the first one to actually help me here. I am new to AVSfilters so i really dont know how to do these things myself but i will try this. And if this works i could use a extern text editor to edit all temp files at the same time. It should go faster than choosing every single subtitle file for each anime episode.

Sorry everyone for this long post, and again Atak for a great Converter GUI!
SmVueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 06:43   #7935  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
For reference, I encoded Nacho Libre with no muxing error. I then tried to encode the LOTR trilogy, and all three froze on muxing. All three were set to be DVD-9 size; so, I tried an encode to DVD-5 to see if that was the problem, and it still froze. I don't know what the deal is...
Why don't you show me jobx_muxFiles.cmd and tsmuxer.meta from LOTR trilogy. If you don't help me with this it will never be fixed. Don't expect miracles.
Old 7th June 2010, 13:27   #7936  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmVueno View Post
The best subtitles are fansubbed so i just visit fansub pages and download the subtitles (which is not illigaly).
It violates our forum rules. We simply cannot help you with any downloaded materials. Do not discuss this further in this thread. Appeals of moderation decisions can be sent to Doom9.

@asarian

Struck for rule 16.

Last edited by Guest; 7th June 2010 at 13:29.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 13:38   #7937  |  Link
prettyboy85712

Quote:
Atak,

Here the files from a short clip that I attempted to encode.

http://www.mediafire.com/?udxmnmmhgn3
prettyboy85712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 22:05   #7938  |  Link
microhunt

Installing Ripbot264 Under Windows 7 64 BIT

Having been reading the forum I have come accross quite a few incidents with people using ripbot under windows 7 64 bit.

I have now found a stable way of getting the software to work perfect 1st install.

1st thing install shark007 video codec open application by right click runas administrator under the config tab go into "FFDshow Video config" tab. Navigate to VC-1 and select wmv9 click ok. Then go to H264 and select "FFDshow with multithreading (Default) leave the other setting as is. Then go to Misc and save all settings. Then do the normal Ripbot264 installation procedure as per forum guides.

You will have no funny errors doing it this way.

Thanks
microhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 22:13   #7939  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I have Windows 7 x64 as well and I don't use any codecs and still no problems.

@prettyboy85712 and rest with AVCHD problem
Good news. Finally I found the problem.
Old 7th June 2010, 23:31   #7940  |  Link
stinman

I have downloaded the filw from videohelp.com and your media fire and it says the 7z file can not be opened as a archive.I can't figure out what,because my 7z will open anything else. Just wondering... something different about ripbot264 or how it was compressed with 7z?
stinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360