Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 27th February 2010, 02:47   #1  |  Link
The Scientist

index.NET v3.1.0.0 (27th February 2010)

index.NET v3.1.0.0
DIRECT DOWNLOAD HERE
Requirements: XP|VISTA|7 (.NET v2.0)

(Although index.NET is of direct interest to existing DGIndex users, I apologise if I'm posting in an incorrect section of the forum).

Originally a utility I wrote some years ago, index.NET was a front-end to the DGIndex CLI which I used to include along with avi.NET to help people index their files beforehand in hope of alleviating the wait, especially when users where dealing with multiple files. So rather than load a file, wait for indexing to finish, set options, add to batch, then on to the next file, wait for indexing....., and so on, users could now get all their indexing out the way beforehand then just load the files straight into avi.NET.

So now I decided to update index.NET and also include it as a standalone (not just with avi.NET or for avi.NET users) for other people to use. It will come in handy for anyone who normally uses ‘D2V’ files, especially users who normally deal with many files because index.NET will deal with hundreds of files and folders per job, there’s also options to ‘force film’, extract subtitles, and extract closed captions.

Some quick info:
  • Index.NET is a GUI to the DGIndex CLI that aids users in indexing multiple files.
  • Input can be individual MPEG1/2 files - same as supported by DGIndex (TS|VOB|MPG).
  • Input can be complete folders containing supported files.
  • Also, any mix and match of files and folders.
  • To prevent folders becoming too clogged, indexed files (and audio) are extracted to source path plus filename.TEMP folder.
  • Option to ‘force film’ available if required, with threshold value (>90% to >98%).
  • Option to extract subtitles if required (obviously the IFO is needed – and vobsub).
  • Option to extract closed captions from NTSC sources (extract to SRT).
  • Index.NET is ‘VOB SET’ aware – so if you have a folder that contains a set ranging from VTS_01_0.VOB to VTS_01_6.VOB, it will just display VTS_01_1.VOB in the display (and also a different icon) and treat the whole set as one.
Remember, you can input individual files and/or folders and mixtures of each from various hard drive locations and then just start and leave it to do all your indexing. I hope you find index.NET of some use.

Last edited by The Scientist; 27th February 2010 at 02:50.
The Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 05:50   #2  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Thanks, this will save so much time when re-doing DVD segments or working with tons of PGCs. Today I used Batchenc as a front-end to DGIndexNV but this is a much less crude method, at least for people like me too impatient to work without an auto-detected Force Film feature
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 01:19   #3  |  Link
osgZach

This is a nice tool, although I wish it would expose all of the CLI options so that you can make indexing profiles. Especially useful for batches, if you want to use a specific algorithm, honor flags or not, want certain audio streams or no stream. etc. Bottom line, the ability to fully configure the indexing run for your batch would be awesome.

I'm a little paranoid, so I ended up making a CLI batch file
osgZach is offline   Reply With Quote