Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 2nd February 2010, 20:34   #6821  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

1. Blu-ray subtitles are converted to idx/sub format (VSfilter does not support sup format)

2. I don't like this

Quote:
SupTitle has the following restrictions (by downloading, you agree to the following terms and conditions):

* Not to be redistributed
* Other standard software EULAs such as this.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:31   #6822  |  Link
prettyboy85712

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonFong View Post
how come I am getting AVCHD and not Blu-Ray disc where it says save as? On all the screenshots I see online in the tutorials/guide there is an option for blu-ray disc...I want to shrink BD50s on a BD25 but I cannot find the option!

LINK
prettyboy85712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 03:53   #6823  |  Link
TeflonFong

ahhhh...ok Thanks- kept searching the thread but was inundated with results.
TeflonFong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:26   #6824  |  Link
juGGaKNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by juGGaKNot View Post
Reinstalled haali and avisynth, updated to ffdshow 3251, java was not reinstalled, works now :

Wish me luck on a sempron.

BTW : open multiple files would help.
K, encoded 50 movies, worked fine, restart, does not work on any files.

Reinstalled haali, works.

So every tine i restart i have to reinstall haali ( the one in the first post )
juGGaKNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:53   #6825  |  Link
laoping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
1. Blu-ray subtitles are converted to idx/sub format (VSfilter does not support sup format)

2. I don't like this
Thanks man for the info. I guess I must have been blind when I was looking at that site. Would you be interested in it if he changed the license, or if someone else wrote a similar plug in, or are you pretty much happy with VSfilter for subtitles?

-Thanks
laoping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 04:30   #6826  |  Link
laoping

Subtitle Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post

2. I don't like this
Alright I looked into and I posted a question to the author in his forum. According to his response, he does not mind if you use his plugin. Also it does not use OCR but overlays the subtitles bitmap right over the video. I think this would produce very good looking subtitles.

Here is a link to his response. http://www.zachsaw.co.cc/forum/viewt...c852e8742a393d

Do you think you might be interested in using this for burned subtitles in the next release?
laoping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 10:20   #6827  |  Link
QUEENFAN

Lock Size (MB) disapears after indexing videostream

Hello,

why does the encoding option Lock Size (MB) disapear after indexing a videostream ?

I'd like to encode to AVCHD giving a max size (DVD5 or DVD9) for the encode.

Thanks for your help.

QUEENFAN
QUEENFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 12:50   #6828  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

@QUEENFAN:

Maybe you have to select 2-pass mode first (default is CQ).
Wishbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 13:03   #6829  |  Link
QUEENFAN

Thanks alot fpr your hint Wishbringer.

You saved my day ;-))

QUEENFAN
QUEENFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 22:48   #6830  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Do you think you might be interested in using this for burned subtitles in the next release?
There is major problem with this plugin. It does not resample subtitles!
SupTitle plugin

VSFilter plugin
Old 6th February 2010, 04:51   #6831  |  Link
chane2k1

DTS-HD issue update

@Atak_Snajpera

i posted this a while back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chane2k1 View Post
its a bug with the arcsoft decoder and 6.1 dtshd. set eac3to to use the sonic decoder and it processed the stream correctly. sucks that arcsoft cant handle it right. oh well hopefully this helps others with the same problem.
i just started encoding Stargate and this movie has DTS-HD HI-RES 6.1, it's not a MA track but it does the same thing as the 6.1 DTS-HD MA from X-Men Last Stand. audio has slowed down and has static present. I just decoded the track using the Sonic Decoder and it works fine. My question is, would you be able to add a check box to use the sonic decoder for 6.1 DTS-HD streams. I just dont trust the arcsoft decoder for 6.1 anymore and it would be nice not to have to do a separate step and remux later.

thanks for all your hard work on this program, it's made encoding my collection a breeze other than this little hiccup every once in a while.
chane2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 08:45   #6832  |  Link
juepi

Hi Folks,

First of all, @Atak_Snajpera: thanks for this great piece of software, keep on the good work!

Then, a question

When ripping BD-ROMs, i'm missing the option to "stream copy" the selected audio stream (EDIT: DTS-MA seems to automatically decode to multichannel PCM while demuxing, i guess the problem starts here). I first realised this in v. 1.15.0, but i also used the 1.14.7 and it also can't simply copy the audio stream from the original source to the MKV target any longer
Am i missing something? I can resample the DTS-MA audio stream from the BD to AC3, but this is actually not what i want. I know this has worked in the past with RipBot, why has this option been removed?

I also got a feature request (i guess not a very rare one): are there plans to implement muxing multiple audio streams to the output file? would be very nice feature.

Thanks in advance for your help,

greetings from snowy austria,

Juergen

Last edited by juepi; 6th February 2010 at 08:49.
juepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 10:05   #6833  |  Link
Balwyn

The often used haali link on the first post has recently disappeared. Was this intentional ?
Balwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 13:15   #6834  |  Link
stasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by juepi View Post
When ripping BD-ROMs, i'm missing the option to "stream copy" the selected audio stream (EDIT: DTS-MA seems to automatically decode to multichannel PCM while demuxing, i guess the problem starts here). I first realised this in v. 1.15.0, but i also used the 1.14.7 and it also can't simply copy the audio stream from the original source to the MKV target any longer
Am i missing something? I can resample the DTS-MA audio stream from the BD to AC3, but this is actually not what i want. I know this has worked in the past with RipBot, why has this option been removed?
Um xx.copy stream verfügbar zu haben musst du im vorherigen Fenster die FLAC Option setzen. Ripbot wird dann die FLAC Datei in die MKV muxen. Wenn die FLAC Option nicht gesetzt ist, decodiert Ripbot die Tonspur zu PCM, damit später daraus eine AC3, OGG oder AAC erstellt werden kann. Verstanden? Also: FLAC aktiviert heißt, den Ton verlustfrei in MKV zu muxen, FLAC deaktiviert heißt, den Ton weiter zu verarbeiten als AC3, OGG oder AAC.
stasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 13:38   #6835  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I just decoded the track using the Sonic Decoder and it works fine.
Where can i get sonic decoder?

Quote:
i just started encoding Stargate and this movie has DTS-HD HI-RES 6.1
can you send me a sample for testing? As always m2ts 50mb to www.mediafire.com. Use DGSplit.
Old 6th February 2010, 13:46   #6836  |  Link
bigggt

Quote:
Originally Posted by juepi View Post
Hi Folks,

First of all, @Atak_Snajpera: thanks for this great piece of software, keep on the good work!

Then, a question

I also got a feature request (i guess not a very rare one): are there plans to implement muxing multiple audio streams to the output file? would be very nice feature.

Thanks in advance for your help,

greetings from snowy austria,

Juergen
I also have this problem in the last few ripbot releases

its no big deal if i want DTS i just use eac3to and demux it and then load that into ribpot

i don't know why it won't give dts core anymore
bigggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 15:00   #6837  |  Link
juepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasi View Post
Um xx.copy stream verfügbar zu haben musst du im vorherigen Fenster die FLAC Option setzen. Ripbot wird dann die FLAC Datei in die MKV muxen. Wenn die FLAC Option nicht gesetzt ist, decodiert Ripbot die Tonspur zu PCM, damit später daraus eine AC3, OGG oder AAC erstellt werden kann. Verstanden? Also: FLAC aktiviert heißt, den Ton verlustfrei in MKV zu muxen, FLAC deaktiviert heißt, den Ton weiter zu verarbeiten als AC3, OGG oder AAC.
Hmm, according to Stasi the "xx.copy stream" is available, when selecting the FLAC checkbox during A/V selection. i'll give it a try, but if that's true, i don't understand why the checkbox is named "FLAC" instead of "demux only" or something like that
Will try it out and post if it worked for me.

EDIT: Ok, FLAC checkbox just decodes DTS to multichannel FLAC instead of just copying the audio stream out of the M2TS, so the checkbox is named correctly, however it does not solve my problem .
The intention behind my question is, that i'm playing the transcoded videos on my popcorn hour C200, which is connected to a 5.1 receiver. The receiver should get the DTS signal for decoding, since it cannot handle multichannel flac, AAC, OGG etc. (of course "downgrading" to AC3 works, but i'd like to keep the advantages of DTS sound).

yours,
Juergen

Last edited by juepi; 6th February 2010 at 15:08.
Old 6th February 2010, 15:31   #6838  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

How many times I have to repeat that DTS-MA/TrueHD -> FLAC/wav -> AC3 640kbps = DTS CORE 1,5 MBps in terms of quality!!!
Why would you waste space for stupid DTS???
Old 6th February 2010, 16:23   #6839  |  Link
juepi

Hi,

Sorry if you have to discuss this again, i have to admit that i didn't read all the 342 pages of this threat before posting my question

However, concerning the bitrate of both codecs you might be right that one cannot hear much difference, however afaik DTS uses 24bits per sample, whereas A52 only uses 16bps, which results in better dynamic sound for DTS. Not sure if this is correct, as i could't find much (professional) info on this.

True or not, i guess you might have the point that the "listening difference" is not worth the much higher DTS bitrate. Might be a better idea to use the audio bitrate difference to encode the video in better quality

yours,
Juergen
Old 6th February 2010, 16:50   #6840  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

noise in 16 bit is STILL below human hearing range!!! No need to use placebo 24 bit! Also compression algorithm are alot better in AC3 than in DTS!

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360