Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 24th November 2009, 23:41   #601  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Fails with RipBot264 v1.14.5
Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\DGIndexNV\DGMultiDecodeNV.dll")
DGMultiSource("F:\Work\00999.dgv", resize_w=1280, resize_h=720)
I been using RipBot solely for its accurate calculation of a target x264 2-pass bitrate, and found today that changing my .avs files from DGSource w/CUVIDServer to DGMultiSource, and opening these now causes an error DGMultiSource "Failed to create video decoder (100)."

I dunno how Ripbot processes .avs files except that something called avs2avi.exe appears to be employed cuz I saw it running in the background using Task Manager.

This is just an FYI and no problem for me at present, as I can simply use instead DGSource w/CUVIDServer and get what I want out of RipBot. Then I run x264 using DGMultiSource as usual with my own custom cmd files.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 16:14   #602  |  Link

Version 2.0.0 beta 4

* Full pulldown handling (Honor Pulldown, Force Film, Ignore Pulldown, frame repeats) implemented for all video types: AVC, MPEG2, and VC1.

* Prevent crash due to stream corruption erroneously causing the decoder to try to create a frame size bigger than 1920x1088.

* Fixed a bug where if a stream has a coded size of 1088 and you respond to the crop warning with "yes", cropping is not properly set. That happened only if the display rectangle was also 1088.

* Fixed bug that added an extra extension to the project file name if one was already present.

* A more informative error message is printed if an MPEG1 program stream is loaded.

* Removed a check that caused some valid audio streams to be rejected.

http://neuron2.net/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html

Note that my web pages for AVC, MPG, and VC1 have now been consolidated into one page.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 20:48   #603  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Thanks for this, especially during the holiday!

Enjoy the rest of yours, you deserve it.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 03:08   #604  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Neuron2

I have a question about how your indexing tools identify frames in transport streams. I am working on a tool to correct audio sync caused by errors during recording. It currently uses a .dgm index file to determine when frame or field repeats are in the stream. I came across a recording where my program lost synchronization with the index file. After some investigation, I discovered that this recording has packets marked with the Transport Error Indicator Flag, 1197 of them to be exact. Of these, 22 have the Payload Unit Start flag, and another 5 have a valid PES start code. When I adjusted my program to ignore packets with the Transport Error Indicator flag set, it still picks up one more frame than your indexer does. I know this because at the end of the scan through the file, I can see that my program is expecting a field repeat one frame early.

So my question is, what does your indexer look for to decide that a new frame is starting? The clip I'm working on is MPEG2, and I am using the NVBeta10 MPEG2 indexer. Thanks!

Matt
Turtleggjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 05:18   #605  |  Link

In some previous versions I used to reject packets with transport_error_indicator set. The latest version ignores it.

For frame detection:

Wait for a picture coding extension and then:

Code:
if (picture_structure == 3 ||
    (top_field_first && picture_structure == 1) ||
    (!top_field_first && picture_structure == 2))
{
  // New frame.
}
Note that the frame lines in the index file are sorted into display order per sequence before being printed to the DGM file. To do that I have to accumulate a full sequence before outputing it.

Last edited by Guest; 30th November 2009 at 05:24.
Old 30th November 2009, 06:46   #606  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
In some previous versions I used to reject packets with transport_error_indicator set. The latest version ignores it.
Ok, I'll try the newer version next to see how it does.

Quote:
For frame detection:

Wait for a picture coding extension and then:

Code:
if (picture_structure == 3 ||
    (top_field_first && picture_structure == 1) ||
    (!top_field_first && picture_structure == 2))
{
  // New frame.
}
Is the Picture Coding Extension in the MPEG2 data itself? So far I've only written code to handle the data in Transport Packet Headers and PES Headers. I'm assuming that what you are referring to is not in there.

Quote:
Note that the frame lines in the index file are sorted into display order per sequence before being printed to the DGM file. To do that I have to accumulate a full sequence before outputing it.
Yeah, that was a hurdle I overcame a long time ago. My program is already handling my recordings that have pulldown just fine. This one though is proving to be difficult.

One more thing, does the non-NV indexer detect frames the same way? I don't use it much anymore, but I would like my program to be able to use those indexes too someday.
Turtleggjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 14:02   #607  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleggjp View Post
Is the Picture Coding Extension in the MPEG2 data itself?
Yes, of course. It's part of the MPEG2 video syntax. You can't reliably find frames just using the transport layer and PES syntax.

Quote:
One more thing, does the non-NV indexer detect frames the same way? I don't use it much anymore, but I would like my program to be able to use those indexes too someday.
I believe it is the same. The source for it is available.

If you need any help finding the cause of discrepancies between our methods, let me know. I do think you'll need to parse the video syntax, though. It's not so hard.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:45   #608  |  Link
SilaSurfer

Hey neuron2 thanks for the tool it looks very good. I'm going to test it, is there any visual quality boost compared to Dgindex? I was thinking of using it with DVD sources if this is supported? I need to update my Geforce 9500Gt drivers, the latest are 195.62 version, is this ok? Thanks

Last edited by SilaSurfer; 30th November 2009 at 14:47.
SilaSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 15:12   #609  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilaSurfer View Post
is there any visual quality boost compared to Dgindex?
No. The benefit over DGIndex is a) offloading some CPU load to the GPU for transcoding, b) resizing/deinterlacing performed on the GPU.

Quote:
I was thinking of using it with DVD sources if this is supported?
Yes, it is supported, although I am in the process of adding support for DTS audio.

Quote:
I need to update my Geforce 9500Gt drivers, the latest are 195.62 version, is this ok?
Yes, this will be fine.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:29   #610  |  Link
SilaSurfer

Ok Thanks, going to try it out.
Old 30th November 2009, 17:39   #611  |  Link
SilaSurfer

What about the settings in Nvidia control panel, denoising and edge enhencment are those supported in your tool can I enable those to use with decoding?
Old 30th November 2009, 18:27   #612  |  Link

The capabilities of the tools are documented in their manuals. If you don't see a feature described then it is not supported. As mentioned several times, I can support only the features available in the NVCUVID API, and currently it does not support the things you mentioned.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:34   #613  |  Link
SilaSurfer

Ok neuron2 thanks for your time, I will try your tool, keep up a good work.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:35   #614  |  Link
DonDan
Deblender

There seems to be an issue with this version when decoding interlaced VC-1 content.

First I thought I had [] when it crashed for all 5 blurays I have here, but in fact all 5 are interlaced VC-1 (don't ask me where I get all that [] from^^)

So I had a friend test some files for me: Non-interlaced VC-1 was fine with him, interlaced crashed right after starting the indexing process. (Same as for me)

I had him test this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?zjm4jyywmdl which happens to be the same you wrote the stream corruption fix for, so I suppose the bug was introduced after this fix

Anything else I can provide to help you spot and annihilate the bug?

Last edited by Guest; 30th November 2009 at 21:37. Reason: 4
DonDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 21:36   #615  |  Link

You better stop the profanity or you'll start getting rule 4 strikes.

Investigating your issue...
Old 30th November 2009, 21:41   #616  |  Link

That's the stream with corruption. Where did it come from? And what do you mean by "don't ask me where I get all that"?
Old 30th November 2009, 21:49   #617  |  Link
DonDan
Deblender

Oops, sorry for the vocabulary

Yes, the sample is the same because I had it handy. It happens for ALL 5 interlaced VC-1 blurays I own though.
In beta 3 I can index that sample, but it crashes while encoding. In beta 4 it crashes right after I start indexing and does so for all interlaced VC-1 as it seems.

By "don't ask me where I got all those from" I was just saying that I don't know why out of 5 blurays I have 5 interlaced VC-1 as they are not *that* common after all and have always given me trouble
Old 30th November 2009, 21:52   #618  |  Link

You did not answer my question about where you got that sample. Please answer.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:59   #619  |  Link
DonDan
Deblender

Ah, missed that one.
It's from a King of Queens Bluray that was only released in Germany so far if I'm not mistaken. When I noticed the issue I even got another copy from a rental store and tried to encode the episode from that disc with the same result. So I believe the issue should not be a corruption on my side.
Old 30th November 2009, 22:12   #620  |  Link

What did you use to get that M2TS from the disk, both for ripping and demuxing? I ask because there is strange data that is causing the corruption.

The indexing crash I understand but not the corruption half way in.