Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th September 2009, 22:14   #8021  |  Link
BatKnight
Registered User
 
BatKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
Do you have the 32bit version of Windows 7? Can you install that and test it?
The 3071 icl11 doesn't work in my Windows 7 32bit. The normal build works fine.

I've installed 3071 icl11 (from xvidvideo.ru) and in the end it stalled forever without completing instalation. Regsvr32.exe is taking full cpu. I ended the ffdshow setup task but regsvr32 stayed on.
It told me that I needed to restart windows (weird, never had to) because explorer.exe was in the use list of ffdshow.

I restarted only to find that explorer.exe didn't boot. It was in the Task Manager but I had no desktop. I forced the execution of explorer and the desktop appeared.

I tried to play a movie but it's a no go. MPC-HC.EXE uses full cpu time but it never loads the movie.

I installed the normal 3071 (without icl11) and without the need to reboot, everything is fine and plays ok.

Bat

Last edited by BatKnight; 11th September 2009 at 22:16. Reason: grammar, and more details
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 22:31   #8022  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
I have uploaded 2 ICL11 versions. Which one did you use? I expect that the other ICL11 version (not the 11.1.038) will be just fine. I'm also on Win 7 PRO RTM 32bit and both my ICL builds and alexins build work. I still don't get it why this happens to you and Mercury_22. I tested it also on vista 32bit and 64bit and everything installs fine.

Last edited by XhmikosR; 11th September 2009 at 22:42.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 02:15   #8023  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,405
for the ICL11 builds XhmikosR

what's the difference between the 2 builds BTW? and what diff over ICL10? did you run any benchmark?

I run the 11.1.038 on XP SP3, so far so good!

Last edited by leeperry; 12th September 2009 at 02:20.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 08:51   #8024  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
The only difference is that one is compiled with ICL 11.1.038 and the other with ICL 11.0.072. No, I haven't done any benchmarks, and there should be no real difference between ICL10 and ICL11 builds.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 09:57   #8025  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler
 
Leak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Austria
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
The only difference is that one is compiled with ICL 11.1.038 and the other with ICL 11.0.072. No, I haven't done any benchmarks, and there should be no real difference between ICL10 and ICL11 builds.
Do you happen to have an unused XP license rolling around? In that case I'd suggest grabbing VirtualBox, installing said XP on it, patching it up via Windows Update and making a snapshot before installing ffdshow the first time - testing installation problems doesn't get any faster than this...

Just my 0.02 EYPO...

np: Jürgen Paape - Ofterschwang (Various - Kompakt Total 10 (Disc 2))
__________________
now playing: [artist] - [track] ([album])
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 10:14   #8026  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
Sorry, I don't get your point... What does this have to do with the problem Batknight and Mercury_22 have? Because there is something wrong with ICL 11.1.038 build and their systems. I do use VirtualBox everyday for compiling various programs.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 11:40   #8027  |  Link
Mercury_22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatKnight View Post
The 3071 icl11 doesn't work in my Windows 7 32bit. The normal build works fine.

I've installed 3071 icl11 (from xvidvideo.ru) and in the end it stalled forever without completing instalation. Regsvr32.exe is taking full cpu. I ended the ffdshow setup task but regsvr32 stayed on.
It told me that I needed to restart windows (weird, never had to) because explorer.exe was in the use list of ffdshow.

I restarted only to find that explorer.exe didn't boot. It was in the Task Manager but I had no desktop. I forced the execution of explorer and the desktop appeared.

I tried to play a movie but it's a no go. MPC-HC.EXE uses full cpu time but it never loads the movie.

I installed the normal 3071 (without icl11) and without the need to reboot, everything is fine and plays ok.

Bat
So, I'm NOT the only one ! Could this be a Intel base system vs AMD base system ?
__________________
Windows 10 x64 CU, HD7790 Crimson 17.6.2, HDMI Full RGB 4:4:4
Mercury_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 12:28   #8028  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,405
well, the installs from xvidvideo.ru kept trying to reset my registry settings...sometimes it wouldn't detect that I already had ffdshow installed?! XhmikosR builds have been working great so far! and it's prolly my imagination, but seeking looks faster too(I use a lot of PP in both ffdshow filters)

I run an o/c Q6600/GF9600 on XP SP3

Last edited by leeperry; 12th September 2009 at 13:02.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 12:54   #8029  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler
 
Leak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Austria
Posts: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
Sorry, I don't get your point... What does this have to do with the problem Batknight and Mercury_22 have? Because there is something wrong with ICL 11.1.038 build and their systems. I do use VirtualBox everyday for compiling various programs.
Erk, sorry - I somehow thought his problem was that the build didn't install properly... dunno how that happened...
__________________
now playing: [artist] - [track] ([album])
Leak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 13:10   #8030  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
@Leak: no problem, I just couldn't see how that would help solving the above problem.

I really can't figure out what the problem is. System specs:
Windows 7 RTM 32bit
Intel Q6600
Nvidia 8800 GTS

Both my 3071 ICL builds install and work as expected.

Maybe BatKnight could post what CPU he's using? Because it's not impossible that it's a bug in ICL...

@leepery: The only difference between my ICL builds and alexins that I'm aware of is that he is using GCC 4.5.0 while I'm using 4.4.1.

Last edited by XhmikosR; 12th September 2009 at 13:16.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 16:52   #8031  |  Link
BatKnight
Registered User
 
BatKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
Maybe BatKnight could post what CPU he's using? Because it's not impossible that it's a bug in ICL....
I use an Intel C2D E8400 and the Windows 7 is RTM.
I don't have any garbage in my windows, all is nice and clean always with the latest drivers, including Intel chipset drivers.

The ICL11 build I tested was from xvidvideo.ru
XhmikosR, please provide a new link with your build so I can test it.

Bat
__________________
Win 10 x64, Geforce GTX 660, TV Sony KD-X8509C HDMI, ASUS Xonar D2X, Core i5 750, 6GB DDR3, Creative Labs Gigaworks S750 7.1
MPC Home-Cinema
madVR
LAV Filters

Last edited by BatKnight; 12th September 2009 at 17:08.
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 19:41   #8032  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3...84166a6fc12f6c

Last edited by XhmikosR; 12th September 2009 at 19:56.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 20:29   #8033  |  Link
BatKnight
Registered User
 
BatKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
No files or folders found

Bat
__________________
Win 10 x64, Geforce GTX 660, TV Sony KD-X8509C HDMI, ASUS Xonar D2X, Core i5 750, 6GB DDR3, Creative Labs Gigaworks S750 7.1
MPC Home-Cinema
madVR
LAV Filters
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 20:39   #8034  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
MediaFire is always causing problems.

http://stashbox.org/629382/ffdshow_r...cl11.1.038.exe
http://stashbox.org/629384/ffdshow_r...kosr_icl11.exe

The second one should be fine, it's compiled with ICL 11.0.072.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 20:51   #8035  |  Link
BatKnight
Registered User
 
BatKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
MediaFire is always causing problems.

http://stashbox.org/629382/ffdshow_r...cl11.1.038.exe
http://stashbox.org/629384/ffdshow_r...kosr_icl11.exe

The second one should be fine, it's compiled with ICL 11.0.072.
OK,

So, your build ICL11 compiled with ICL 11.0.072 works fine indeed. It installs properly and the videos play nice.
But the first build, compiled with 11.1.038 doesn't install properly. The ffdshow setup stops right before the finish and I go to Task Manager and find regsvr32.exe is eating all my CPU. I end its task and then ffdshow's setup ends. But after that, the videos won't play. MPC-HC never gets to load the video and eats all the CPU.

Does this help?
I am available to test other builds to help understand the problem.

Bat
__________________
Win 10 x64, Geforce GTX 660, TV Sony KD-X8509C HDMI, ASUS Xonar D2X, Core i5 750, 6GB DDR3, Creative Labs Gigaworks S750 7.1
MPC Home-Cinema
madVR
LAV Filters
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 20:55   #8036  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
We need to find out what your and Mercury_22's computer have in common.
Anyway I'll switch back to ICL 11.0.072 like I had done in the past. But it really irritates me because I don't see any obvious reason for the ICL 11.1.038 builds not to work.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:03   #8037  |  Link
BatKnight
Registered User
 
BatKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
We need to find out what your and Mercury_22's computer have in common.
Anyway I'll switch back to ICL 11.0.072 like I had done in the past. But it really irritates me because I don't see any obvious reason for the ICL 11.1.038 builds not to work.
I really don't know what can be. All I can tell you is that regsvr32.exe hangs eating all the CPU and won't stop until I end the task. But I can't tell which dll it is registering. If this is important let me know what I have to do to find it out.
You can find my specs on my signature from now on. If you remember anything, please do ask and I'll do my best to answer.
Like I said before, no bloatware on my PC, fresh install when the RTM came out. Legal version, I'm a Technet subscriber, no cracks.
I have UAC disabled (always! can't stand having windows asking me if I am sure, when I am the only user of this computer).
If you find a tool or any other way of diagnosing the problem, let me know I'll run it.

Bat
__________________
Win 10 x64, Geforce GTX 660, TV Sony KD-X8509C HDMI, ASUS Xonar D2X, Core i5 750, 6GB DDR3, Creative Labs Gigaworks S750 7.1
MPC Home-Cinema
madVR
LAV Filters

Last edited by BatKnight; 12th September 2009 at 21:08. Reason: more details
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:07   #8038  |  Link
Mercury_22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by XhmikosR View Post
We need to find out what your and Mercury_22's computer have in common.
Anyway I'll switch back to ICL 11.0.072 like I had done in the past. But it really irritates me because I don't see any obvious reason for the ICL 11.1.038 builds not to work.
So far we have the same CPU and the same errors
But I don't think it's the CPU cause I've manage to install your ICL 11.1.038 version on my VM (VMware ) with the same OS and AFAIK the VM it's "seeing" the exact CPU I have on the host
My MB it's GA-EP45-DS3P ( Intel P45 + ICH10R Chipset) so...
And I'm using the built in administrator account so no UAC and no run as administrator needed
__________________
Windows 10 x64 CU, HD7790 Crimson 17.6.2, HDMI Full RGB 4:4:4

Last edited by Mercury_22; 12th September 2009 at 21:10.
Mercury_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:10   #8039  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and I don't think that the developers of ffdshow care about ICL 11. Maybe it's a bug in ICL, I don't know. So next try will be when Intel releases a new version of ICL. Until then I'll use 11.0.072 which works for everyone. Maybe alexins should use that version until a solution is found.

Last edited by XhmikosR; 12th September 2009 at 21:13.
XhmikosR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:15   #8040  |  Link
BatKnight
Registered User
 
BatKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
My MB it's GA-EP45-DS3P ( Intel P45 + ICH10R Chipset) so...
I have a MSI P35 Neo-F ( Intel P35 + ICH9 )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
And I'm using the built in administrator account so no UAC and no run as administrator needed
Same here, UAC disabled, so always administrator rights.

Other builds install and register their DLLs correctly, so it has to be something on the DLL that hangs REGSVR32 and not on the rights of the operating system.

Bat
__________________
Win 10 x64, Geforce GTX 660, TV Sony KD-X8509C HDMI, ASUS Xonar D2X, Core i5 750, 6GB DDR3, Creative Labs Gigaworks S750 7.1
MPC Home-Cinema
madVR
LAV Filters
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.