Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 17th June 2009, 12:50   #5201  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
1. does playing FLAC equipped MKV file through FFDshow require any tweaking on the FFDshow part? i currently only have "mixer" checked and set to 5 channels + LFE because that's what my speaker is setup to (5.1) and it's always been set to that way for playing all my other MKV files with ac3/dts streams that i created in the past. Some guy on this forum mentioned before something about down-mixing problems through playing FLAC in FFDshow, i just wanna double check that i am doing all the right thing.
Your settings are correct

Quote:
as i understand FLAC is the closest as we can get to true source Lossless audio experience by far with Ripbot at least. it's not TrueHD or DTS-HD, but hey.... it's as good as it gets, i am not complaining too much.
FLAC is lossless codec so quality is EXACTLY the same as TrueHD and DTS-HD. Moreover flac offers higher compression. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...03#post1294403
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 03:39   #5202  |  Link
gohamstergo

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzz View Post
1. does playing FLAC equipped MKV file through FFDshow require any tweaking on the FFDshow part? i currently only have "mixer" checked and set to 5 channels + LFE because that's what my speaker is setup to (5.1) and it's always been set to that way for playing all my other MKV files with ac3/dts streams that i created in the past. Some guy on this forum mentioned before something about down-mixing problems through playing FLAC in FFDshow, i just wanna double check that i am doing all the right thing.

as i understand FLAC is the closest as we can get to true source Lossless audio experience by far with Ripbot at least. it's not TrueHD or DTS-HD, but hey.... it's as good as it gets, i am not complaining too much.
that was me who mentioned the problem. It happened when downmixing 7.1 to 5.1 but since playing 7.1 sound the same as 5.1 without the side speakers, i just left it at 7.1. You shouldnt have to tweak anything. I installed fresh and by default it is set to Mixer enabled at 7.1+LFE.

I also only use FLAC when the xxCopy Stream option isnt already available with the raw ac3/dts already on disc. I think the problem i was having is TrueHD (Dolby), DTS-HD Master, and raw PCM arent supported raw in MKVs, so thats the only time i use flac. but thats a personal preference.

Last edited by gohamstergo; 18th June 2009 at 03:42.
gohamstergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 08:59   #5203  |  Link
juGGaKNot

Quote:
AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc
(D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line2)
For uncompressed avi wtf ?
juGGaKNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 10:10   #5204  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

It works for me. I just tried uncompressed rgb32.
Old 18th June 2009, 10:52   #5205  |  Link
juGGaKNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
It works for me. I just tried uncompressed rgb32.
I know, works for me to, a guy e-mailed me about my ripbot tut with this error ..

rgb32 has null fourcc right ?
juGGaKNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 11:02   #5206  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Ask him to send you mediainfo report
Old 18th June 2009, 16:50   #5207  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwalker View Post
hi atak
i have some problems converting any file HD ".mov" into the iPhone format!
The Video is super-perfect, the audio is perfect "But" the volume is lowwwwww!
how is possible??

thx!

updated:

this happen only when the source file (HD file ".mov") have both "2.0 AAC" and "5.1 AAC" audio!
If the source file have only the "2.0 AAC" profile, its fine!
strange!!!
atak any idea why the volume is so low when i convert a source
file HD ".mov" into the iPhone format onlu when the file have both "2.0 AAC" and "5.1 AAC" audio??
thx
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 16:59   #5208  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Send me source sample and encoded video . Use DGSplit and www.mediafire.com

BTW. Did you use audio normalize 100%/200% or you left off?

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 18th June 2009 at 17:01.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:48   #5209  |  Link
gohamstergo

Was wondering...why doesnt ripbot/ffdshow make use of ones video card for additional rendering power?
Old 18th June 2009, 19:55   #5210  |  Link
aeroliteflyer

I am having a little issue with ripbot maybe someone could help me with. Great program, has done everything I needed it to. I have the latest 1.14.1. I am converting from .vob to 264 for iphone, and works great. However, on one movie when I encoded it, it was cycling between different audio languages. I went to redo it and checked the preview a little closer and it is definately cycling between the audio languages. It will do a few seconds of english, then replay with a different langugage so on.... It is star wars III, and even on the first few seconds when the text is scrolling up on the openeing scene, it will display a litle english, then go back and display a little spanish, then go back and keep doing this. On another movie it encoded some previews first then the main movie. I looked at all the settings and cant figure for the life of me what to do. I tried changeing the audio track, didn't help. When I select the movie, i select the .vob with the biggest size, but i pick the first .vob in that series. so if the movie is .vob_7_1 i pick the lowest _7 .vob in that series like .vob_7_0, that didn't seem to help. I also picked the movie itself and that didn't help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
aeroliteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 20:25   #5211  |  Link
greggerm

> Was wondering...why doesnt ripbot/ffdshow make use of ones video card for additional rendering power?

That is more up to the real brains behind the show... the x264 encoder itself. Writing code for using the GPU shaders is a pretty specialized process.... and there is also the different code involved for different brands of cards (nV vs. ATI).

FFDShow is just a tool used to "decode" the existing video into something that x264 can encode. It really doesn't suck too much computing power as compared to the encoder itself.

Ripbot is just a front-end to make all these tools work nicely together.

ATAK: Thanks for the 1.14.1 update - I was having difficulties with the W64 implementation, and having FLAC back is a huge help for me. (HD-DVD encodes were choking on the W64 part of things, and I couldn't convert the W64 to anything else. Now that FLAC is back, my audio is useful once again!) Thanks!!

Last edited by greggerm; 18th June 2009 at 20:29.
greggerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 21:29   #5212  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@aeroliteflyer
Rerip your DVD with lates DVD Fab Decrypter or anydvd. It looks like some kind of copy protection.
Old 18th June 2009, 22:17   #5213  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroliteflyer View Post
I am having a little issue with ripbot maybe someone could help me with. Great program, has done everything I needed it to. I have the latest 1.14.1. I am converting from .vob to 264 for iphone, and works great. However, on one movie when I encoded it, it was cycling between different audio languages. I went to redo it and checked the preview a little closer and it is definately cycling between the audio languages. It will do a few seconds of english, then replay with a different langugage so on.... It is star wars III, and even on the first few seconds when the text is scrolling up on the openeing scene, it will display a litle english, then go back and display a little spanish, then go back and keep doing this. On another movie it encoded some previews first then the main movie. I looked at all the settings and cant figure for the life of me what to do. I tried changeing the audio track, didn't help. When I select the movie, i select the .vob with the biggest size, but i pick the first .vob in that series. so if the movie is .vob_7_1 i pick the lowest _7 .vob in that series like .vob_7_0, that didn't seem to help. I also picked the movie itself and that didn't help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Sounds like the video has angles in it...

Using anydvd with dvd decryptor in ifo mode. This will allow you to get the result you are looking for...

Ripping it this way will produce one VOB file 3~6GB in size (pendent on video) and will contain the correct audio...

I have had this problem only with multi angle videos...

If you choose to use file mode you may want to make sure the settings are set to retain the first angle.

Last edited by Ajax_Undone; 18th June 2009 at 22:22.
Ajax_Undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 23:19   #5214  |  Link
gohamstergo

@greg: ah, well i just meant whatever the encoder was should use the gpu, but it must be too difficult since they havent done it by now :P
Old 19th June 2009, 00:19   #5215  |  Link
Ajax_Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohamstergo View Post
@greg: ah, well i just meant whatever the encoder was should use the gpu, but it must be too difficult since they havent done it by now :P
The GPU is a great platform for only one thing and that is Processing vertices for 3D Rendering and game play.
They were never meant to be a data processing platform for video encoding.
So to expect it to have that capability in in it self dumb.
I think it a sad thing that the video card companies like nvidia and ati are trying to get CPU power out of GPU's that were made for nothing of the sort.

If you want to know more on the subject function and find the thread that relates to it specifically

Now Back On Topic Plz
Old 19th June 2009, 01:18   #5216  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
So to expect it to have that capability in in it self dumb.
Ajax, tone it down please. You're very close to rule 4 territory.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 05:51   #5217  |  Link
Ajax_Undone

np
Old 19th June 2009, 23:10   #5218  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Send me source sample and encoded video . Use DGSplit and www.mediafire.com

BTW. Did you use audio normalize 100%/200% or you left off?
if i left off, the audio is low
if i normalize (100% or 200%) with iphone i dont
hear nothing

i'll try to upload a sample on mediafire.
(ps: its ok on rapidshare?)

thx atak!!!!
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 18:58   #5219  |  Link
Digi

Hi just to note that i am still having problems with 1.14.1 and DTS oversizing, I have had a look through the thread and cannot see a download for 1.14.2 version with the DTS Bug fix.

Could some kind soul point me in the right direction.

Thank you.
Old 20th June 2009, 19:14   #5220  |  Link
Ajax_Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
Hi just to note that i am still having problems with 1.14.1 and DTS oversizing, I have had a look through the thread and cannot see a download for 1.14.2 version with the DTS Bug fix.

Could some kind soul point me in the right direction.

Thank you.
No such fix exists yet whether or not it gets fixed is up to Atak.

The thread has the current version in the title. When the app is updated the title is updated to reflect it. The first post will have the link to the updated version.

Last edited by Ajax_Undone; 20th June 2009 at 19:16.
Ajax_Undone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360