Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 18th May 2009, 16:36   #2761  |  Link
drelin

Thank for update, and it's only for personnal use, not for marketing or commercial issues.
drelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 17:36   #2762  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
Thanks, hope more people will send donations to you.
Yeah... Sadly the latest few weeks (during which multiAVCHD got its best updates and features) mark the lowest support since the beginning - about 2-3 donations. Still... I enjoy adding more and more.

Old 18th May 2009, 18:09   #2763  |  Link
kenguru2005
FinalCut´ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Don't worry. multiAVCHD doesn't use MOV features of tsMuxeR. In fact, as many of you think how hard multiAVCHD is dependent on tsMuxeR - it is the case and it is not. multiAVCHD has a completely different approach on feeding stuff to tsMuxeR so I doubt anything will ever go wrong (unless tsmuxer stops processing files at all ). multiAVCHD does not rely on tsMuxeR's ability to detect input files/types but forces it to accept what's written in the .meta file - hence multiAVCHD can process a lot more files, which tsMuxeR can't (or couldn't until recently).
You have my skype - so just drop a note if you're worried about anything.

Thank you Dean .... your application is the star shining on my "HDV Authoring sky" .... and it works perfect.
kenguru2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 18:32   #2764  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You're welcome... You can even use tsMuxeR 1.8.8(b) and multiAVCHD will still produce what most people need.
Old 18th May 2009, 19:57   #2765  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDBytes View Post
Is there a way to have multiAVCHD play a video file ie: an intro video first then launch the main menu with the other titles?
There is an option in multiAVCHD to create a "Welcome screen"/"Intro".

If you don't like the generated welcome screen (after you generate your compilation) you can replace it:

BDMV\STREAM\01400.m2ts
BDMV\CLIPINF\01400.clpi
BDMV\PLAYLIST\01400.mpls (you need to change MTS reference)

These are the files you need to replace with your new welcome screen. If you don't know how to make it work - you'll need to wait for such option in some of the next builds.
Old 18th May 2009, 21:36   #2766  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I forgot to mention some of the changes in 601/601+:

* Abort current and Abort all buttons

* Imported files without chapters will get auto-generated chapters (if external chapters are not used/found):

- If duration is between 1 min and 10 mins - 4 chapter marks
- If duration is 10 to 20 mins - 8 chapter marks
- If duration is over 20 mins - 12 chapter marks

Auto-generated chapter marks are equally spaced within title duration (you'll always get 4, 8 or 12 chapters)

* Added _DVD_DEBUG.txt in exe-path + pop-up with request to sent .txt to me when DVD import fails

* HDAVCTN folder is preserved even if you decide not to create a menu, but used a source, which had thumbnails already generated

* multiCHAP.txt has the correct number of lines with chapters

* If a title (file/playlist) processing fails - it won't be included in the final compilation and menu/title names will not be misplaced as in all previous builds

* [view] button in media tab and [preview] in [edit]-pop-up will show correct preview in 95% of the cases. Sometimes preview won't show correct frame-extraction-times and sometimes it won't show preview at all.

* Messages in log-tab are changed and easier to read (added "Title added: xxxx" log message on sucessfull title addition)

* DVR TRP import now supports both H.264 and MPEG-2 encoded recordings. Still there may be audio sync problems with MPEG (MP2) audio.

* [x] Quit on last title finish option in Author tab is removed and replaced with:

Action after last title: [Go to stand-by mode] [Display menu] [Loop playback]

--- [Go to stand-by mode] will STOP playback after last title
--- [Display menu] will work as [Go to stand-by mode] if no menu is generated, otherwise top menu will be shown (default)
--- [Loop playback] will initiate playback of title #1 once last title finishes (infinite loop)

Dean

I think 2.7.601 is a great build, which features: (ad time)

Media import from:

* AVCHD structures from SDHC cards
* Blu-ray structures
* older (previously compiled) multiAVCHD structures (SDHC/Blu-ray/AVCHD)
* DVD folders & titles
* MKV, MP4, MOV, MPEG, VC-1, TRP, VOB, M2TS, TS, elementary H264 (264), MPEG-2 (m2v), VC-1 (vc1), MPL/MPLS playlists
* ...and more

Ability to create output compatible with:

* AVCHD players
* Blu-ray players
* SDHC players (Panasonic BD, TV, CC)
* Playstation 3

+ 3 menu configurations and support of 252 titles

Last edited by deank; 18th May 2009 at 22:00.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 21:58   #2767  |  Link
glowball

Quote:
Yeah... Sadly the latest few weeks (during which multiAVCHD got its best updates and features) mark the lowest support since the beginning - about 2-3 donations. Still... I enjoy adding more and more.

I'm finding this program very useful for my Panasonic TZ7's movies by creating collections of my favourite clips and putting them onto SDHC cards and displaying on my TV. Expect a donation from me soon, thanks.
glowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 00:36   #2768  |  Link
zrdb

Sorry to be a pain but I seem to be having the same problem-it'll convert some files and not others. I'm wondering if completly uninstalling the program and reinstalling it would solve the problem. How do you completly uninstall it since there doesn't seem to be an installer? Thank you very much.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 20090518-172236-multiAVCHD.log.txt (21.0 KB, 2 views)
zrdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 00:37   #2769  |  Link
strad

additional programs needed?

hello Dean,
trying to make a test compilation with v.601 on my laptop (Windows 7 RC1), which in contrary to my other computers has no extras like klite codec pack installed and wondering why the preview in menu tab doesn´t work. No result.
But klicking on review in editor tab shows a message (attached), klick on OK aborts the program. 2nd message comes up when klicking on start and Blu-ray output. Also abortion.

strad
Attached Images

strad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 00:42   #2770  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I can't see neither of your attachments yet... sorry.

@strad: All previews in multiAVCHD require Avisynth (and Directshow decoder for certain decodings - like creating menus)

Another option almost ready in "Title editor"/"Title properties":

A lot of info and settings available per title. Useful...

There is a small preview with slider that you can use to browse the whole title, information about duration, codecs, etc... option to change what happens after title finishes (go to menu or continue with next)...

And of course it all can be extended to selecting a custom thumbnail for the title or cutting and many other things.

Last edited by deank; 19th May 2009 at 00:53.
Old 19th May 2009, 00:46   #2771  |  Link
Capsbackup

@deank;
Quote:
If you don't like the generated welcome screen (after you generate your compilation) you can replace it:

BDMV\STREAM\01400.m2ts
BDMV\CLIPINF\01400.clpi
BDMV\PLAYLIST\01400.mpls (you need to change MTS reference)
Perhaps you could share the method to create this, in particular how to change MTS reference. I know how to generate/make a new .m2ts and .clpi from TsMuxer, but what to do about the .mpls file and change MTS you have mentioned?
Thanks.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 00:46   #2772  |  Link
strad

@zrdb
just reading your message. There is no installer, all needed files are in the folder. In order to start with original settings, you can erase the multiAVCHD.ini, but as I experienced it doesn´t has any impact on normal functions of the programm.
strad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 00:55   #2773  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@deank;

Perhaps you could share the method to create this, in particular how to change MTS reference. I know how to generate/make a new .m2ts and .clpi from TsMuxer, but what to do about the .mpls file and change MTS you have mentioned?
Thanks.
Open the mpl/mpls file with a hex editor and change your original M2TS reference to 01400.M2TS

You'll see 00001M2TS or 00000M2TS in the HEX view... change it to 01400M2TS.
Old 19th May 2009, 01:48   #2774  |  Link
zrdb

Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
@zrdb
just reading your message. There is no installer, all needed files are in the folder. In order to start with original settings, you can erase the multiAVCHD.ini, but as I experienced it doesn´t has any impact on normal functions of the programm.
Thanks-that's what I figured as this application is just a front end-probally what I'm gonna do is restore my c partition off of an earlier image and try it again.
zrdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 01:56   #2775  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yeah... 'just a front end'... what do I know.

Last edited by deank; 19th May 2009 at 02:19.
Old 19th May 2009, 02:03   #2776  |  Link
nicchap

LoL. Some good ol' irony.
nicchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 02:18   #2777  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yep... Build 602 is out... Some additions in "Title edit" box (as in screenshots).

Goodnight all
Old 19th May 2009, 07:41   #2778  |  Link
rendez2k

Quote:
Yep... Build 602 is out... Some additions in "Title edit" box (as in screenshots).

Goodnight all
These updates are really superb - thank you for all your hard work. I may have to re-donate at this rate!

Couple of questions, what does the thumbnail number do? I assume poster image isn't work yet? And I assume to import multiple DVDs, I'd need to rip them all to my HDD first?

Also, any plans to allow the import of more SD material such as xvids? I know its not really the point of the software but it world be nice for building compilations.

Oh, and can multiple audio tracks be added?

Anyway, thanks again - great work!

Last edited by rendez2k; 19th May 2009 at 07:48.
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 08:04   #2779  |  Link
drpaulng

Quote:
Yeah... 'just a front end'... what do I know.
I have donated a very small a amount of Euro as to show my respect for this great program after 1 week of testing on it. multiAVCHD is similar to some front-ends like Gordian Knot. But the compiling flow is very smooth and more user friendly. I think it is more like AutoGK. Indeed, Dean has made use of a lot of free-wares and integrating them into a great program. It is not simply a front-end (GUI). I am specially grateful to his work because it has many special features no other BD authoring softwares offer in the commerical world. I could not buy something like this with money! For me, I hardly follows what is happening if I do not visit the thread within a few days because the program evolves very very fast. Some glitches are inevitable and many new features are not shown in the tutorial page. As a user, I myself have no programming knowledge and tend to ask a lot of questions. Fortunately, when users posted their problems and suggestions, Dean K. "almost aways" replied with solutions and took the suggestion with positive moves.

Thank you Deank!
Old 19th May 2009, 09:48   #2780  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k View Post
what does the thumbnail number do? I assume poster image isn't work yet? And I assume to import multiple DVDs, I'd need to rip them all to my HDD first?

Also, any plans to allow the import of more SD material such as xvids? I know its not really the point of the software but it world be nice for building compilations.

Oh, and can multiple audio tracks be added?
Thumbnail field was/is used to put a frame number, for a frame to be used as thumbnail in XMB and Thumbnail menus (instead of auto selected one)

Yes, you need to rip the DVDs to your HDD - otherwise it will take forever to convert them.

No, there is no way to support XviD or DivX videos (unless they have h264 video). SD videos are supported in multiAVCHD - just have to be in a supported format.

You can add multiple tracks to an imported file by placing all audio files in the folder of your imported movie: ie movie.mkv movie.ac3 movie.dts movie.2.ac3....

Dean

p.s. @drpaulng:

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author