Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th April 2009, 09:03   #2381  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
1) Rip the movie title only of a BluRay using "MakeMKV" (rather than "AnyDVD"). This results in a single .MKV representing the entire movie.

2) Use tsMuxer to convert the .MKV to a proper BluRay package, including chapter points set at every 5 minutes (I've used many versions, dating back to v.1.8.4 - and this has had no bearing on the problem)

Problem:

1) If I select "Movie only" in BD-RB, chaptering behaves properly
If you use makeMKV then you get a movie-only MKV, right? No menu/extras...

The normal thing you would do is to use Movie-Only in BD-RB - and as it is expected - it works okay for you.

Why do you need the "Full backup" mode? It will make BD-RB do many other things that are not required (as searching for menus/extras/processing mpls/clpi files in other fashion...) which may not work in your case.

There is nothing that BD-RB will do in "Full backup mode" to improve your original 'movie-only' - there is nothing to improve.

Or may be I miss something.

Dean

edit: it is possible that BD-RB doesn't read the chapter marks from tsmuxer's output and it causes you to have 14 pointing to the beginning and other not following the movie at all.

edit2: Also be advised that in movie-only mode BD-RB creates AVCHD styled index.bdmv but in Full-mode it will keep your BD-styled tsmuxer's index.

Last edited by deank; 5th April 2009 at 10:26.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 09:32   #2382  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Error during audio encoding using aften full CMD window output
Title was AC/DC - No Bull

Quote:
C:\Users\Public\rbtest\BD_Rebuilder>"C:\Users\Public\rbtest\BD_Rebuilder\tools\w
avi.exe" "C:\USERS\PUBLIC\RBTEST\WORKFILES\AUD_00000_4352.AVS" - | "C:\Users\P
ublic\rbtest\BD_Rebuilder\tools\aften.exe" -v 1 -b 192 -readtoeof 1 - "C:\USERS\
PUBLIC\RBTEST\WORKFILES\AUD_00000_4352.AC3"

Aften: A/52 audio encoder
Version SVN
(c) 2006-2007 Justin Ruggles, Prakash Punnoor, et al.

Found PCM audio: 2 channels, 96000 Hz, 16 bits, 7414.415000 seconds.
Writing WAV file...
input format: Microsoft WAVE Signed 16-bit little-endian 96000 Hz stereo
output format: 96000 Hz stereo (2/0)

invalid sample rate
error initializing encoder
Error: Could not write to the standard output.
I suspect this to be due to the 96K sample rate

Last edited by tekmobile; 5th April 2009 at 12:18.
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 10:59   #2383  |  Link
dtshdma

Not doing too well today. I have done The Devil Wears Prada and everything was fine and I burned a bd-9. I played it on a standalone and thought I might have a disc fault as about half way throught the film the pictures freezes but the audio continues. I checked the image on the hard disc and that was the same, but as expected the original and rip were fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by san mateo View Post
Me too.The same error exactly. I don't remember what version I used, 0203 probably, but I'm not sure. I'll retry with the latest beta.
I have same problem......BD-RB version is 20.05.
Please help us!!!!!!!!!!!! What`s wrong???

Last edited by dtshdma; 5th April 2009 at 11:01.
dtshdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 16:11   #2384  |  Link
setarip_old

@deank

Hi!
Quote:
Why do you need the "Full backup" mode?
I don't NEED the full backup mode.

As I've posted several times in this thread, I have become aware of the differing playback behavior (regarding chapters and timeline) resulting from using the two different compression modes on the same source material - and consider to to be a bug, so I am reporting this anomalous/inconsistent behavior to "jdobbs".

Quote:
edit2: Also be advised that in movie-only mode BD-RB creates AVCHD styled index.bdmv but in Full-mode it will keep your BD-styled tsmuxer's index.
Perhaps this is the reason for the differing results. However, my question (perhaps a bit naive) would then be - Why would it be necessary to deal with chaptering in the different ways for the two different modes, as you've suggested?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 16:16   #2385  |  Link
Furiousflea

Bad news to report here....

I assumed wrongly that the full disc backups I had done, only removing foreign audio tracks would play without problems but it looks like there's some incorrect mapping of channels going on using 0.20.05.

300 - Plays fine with proper main audio. But If I select commentry I get "english audio descritive", but if you select "english audio descriptive" you get the proper main TrueHD track.

Godfather Part III - Plays the commentry track when you first play the film, if you select the commentry track you then get the TrueHD english track so they are incorrectly swapped. You also then miss the forced subtitles so you can't enjoy the film because if you get the commentry subtitles with the TrueHD track.

Resident Evil Extinction - Plays the main TrueHD track fine, but when you select the commentry you get the "english audio descriptive" track. If you select the "english audio descritive" track you get the main TrueHD track (commentry is unselectable)

Incorrect mapping of channels for about 1\3 of discs

This was out of 9 BD-Rs I burnt. The rest play perfectly with all tracks and menu selections correct...

Iron Man
Rent
Bladerunner
Godfather Part I
Quantum Of Solace
28 Weeks Later

All worked perfectly.

EDIT

I have editited this because I mentioned that DTSMA was playing as DTS but it actually isn't.

...Sorry for the confusion, me being the douchebag that I am. I'd selected "mix" instead of "direct" in my settings for my bluray player, for some reason this has the effect of causing DTSMA to output as DTS. It has no effect on TrueHD though...Strangely. (Sony BDP-S550)

The swapping of enabled streams seems abit weird though and definately a bug

Last edited by Furiousflea; 5th April 2009 at 18:52.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 16:20   #2386  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
@deank

Hi!I don't NEED the full backup mode.

As I've posted several times in this thread, I have become aware of the differing playback behavior (regarding chapters and timeline) resulting from using the two different compression modes on the same source material - and consider to to be a bug, so I am reporting this anomalous/inconsistent behavior to "jdobbs".

Perhaps this is the reason for the differing results. However, my question (perhaps a bit naive) would then be - Why would it be necessary to deal with chaptering in the different ways for the two different modes, as you've suggested?
Come to think of it I had a similar problem where if I had a "movie only" that is to say there was only 1 m2ts that I had created using tsmuxer containing the main movie. If I selected full disc mode I would get weird things going on...trouble is it was a while ago and I can't remember exactly what went wrong.

But it can't really be considered a bug if it only happens if you have a movie only in the first place. Maybe its normal, until it actually causes a problem for a full disc it's surely irrelevent?
Old 5th April 2009, 17:22   #2387  |  Link
setarip_old

@Furiousflea

Hi!
Quote:
Maybe its normal, until it actually causes a problem for a full disc it's surely irrelevent?
It's not irrelevant that a program allows you to do something that yields flawed results.

In this instance, we are referring to only two possible choices ("Movie only" or "Full disc"). I'm fairly certain that it would be a trivial thing for "jdobbs" to add a check to see if all requisite files/folders for a true "Full disc" are present in the source material - and generate an informational error message, requiring the user to select the proper mode...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 17:23   #2388  |  Link
datman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtshdma View Post
Not doing too well today. I have done The Devil Wears Prada and everything was fine and I burned a bd-9. I played it on a standalone and thought I might have a disc fault as about half way throught the film the pictures freezes but the audio continues. I checked the image on the hard disc and that was the same, but as expected the original and rip were fine.

I have same problem......BD-RB version is 20.05.
Please help us!!!!!!!!!!!! What`s wrong???
this is one of the problems I have had. I am not burning to a disc at all (yet) but when I played from folder with pdvd 3319a on a few encodes at some point the picture freezes and the audio keeps going. This is a gremlin and when I re-encoded again it worked fine. I have noticed that on the failed encodes the speed became much faster during the encode. So if normally it takes 8 hours and you get one done in less than 6 it may be because of this error and perhaps the video freezing accouts for the increase in speed.
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 17:40   #2389  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

where is the option that changes the minimum file size of which files are encoded, or do you have to add it in the ini, and if so what is the correct string?
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 17:50   #2390  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:

...my question ... would then be - Why would it be necessary to deal with chaptering in the different ways for the two different modes, as you've suggested?
I guess with movie-only BD-RB tells tsmuxer to create chapters (at 5mins points) and in Full-backup BD-RB tries to find the original ones from mpls files and recreate them in the final output (where may the problem lie - as a small bug ). It is strange that no one else reported such issue or people simply don't use chapters
Old 5th April 2009, 17:58   #2391  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
where is the option that changes the minimum file size of which files are encoded, or do you have to add it in the ini, and if so what is the correct string?
You have to add it yourself

MIN_M2TS_SIZE=300

just change the number to one that you want for example the one above would be 300MB
Old 5th April 2009, 17:59   #2392  |  Link
mhammer

I can confirm that you have to disable 24p playback on the Panasonic DMP-BD35 to successfully play a movie only BD-25 done with BD-RB. With 24p there is only sound and no picture.
(Using newest Tsmuxer and BD-RB)

Are there any solutions?

Last edited by mhammer; 5th April 2009 at 18:01.
mhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 18:02   #2393  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I guess with movie-only BD-RB tells tsmuxer to create chapters (at 5mins points) and in Full-backup BD-RB tries to find the original ones from mpls files and recreate them in the final output (where may the problem lie - as a small bug ). It is strange that no one else reported such issue or people simply don't use chapters
I believe that BD-RB uses the same chaptering technique for both modes by getting them from the origanal MPLS
Old 5th April 2009, 18:22   #2394  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Well, I believe not, but it's jdobbs that will tell us for sure. I somehow doubt that he keeps chapters from the original movies in movie-only mode, but I may be wrong. When he comes back, he'll let us know.

@setarip_old:
It's strange to put jdobbs's name in quotes. Also - a properly set input should NOT require SPECIAL recognition as "movie only" or "full" - it is simply impossible... One m2ts or not - it doesn't make a source suitable for movie-only!

I believe that there is something wrong with tsmuxer's output you used for "full backup" input and I won't blame BD-RB for that.

Last edited by deank; 5th April 2009 at 18:28.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 18:55   #2395  |  Link
Furiousflea

What are people doing for movies with more than 1 m2ts for the main feature...Or multiple (e.g films like Wall-E)?

Since BDRB is reducing the bitrate for all m2ts other than the largets, unless the other m2ts are also very large. In the case of Wall-E this will force a lower bitrate for all m2ts except the largest, since it has LOADS of m2ts that make up the main move and not just 2 as is the case with many blurays.

Also, is seemless branching working? For titles like King Kong Directors cut etc.

Many thanx
Old 5th April 2009, 18:59   #2396  |  Link
Capsbackup

BD-RB does keep the original chapters from the movie in "movie only" mode, I can confirm to the several I have made, burned and tested. I have noticed that they don't seem to be exactly timed properly on playback with powerdvd, but start slightly before the perhaps correct point.( a short glimpse of the scene before the chapter change). I just figured this was powerdvd though, since I don't believe I noticed this on my Sony BDP-BX1. But I can't remember ever checking this that closely on the Sony, since it was close enough I guess, and I don't really jump thru chapters anyway.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 19:05   #2397  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
What are people doing for movies with more than 1 m2ts for the main feature...Or multiple (e.g films like Wall-E)?

Since BDRB is reducing the bitrate for all m2ts other than the largets, unless the other m2ts are also very large. In the case of Wall-E this will force a lower bitrate for all m2ts except the largest, since it has LOADS of m2ts that make up the main move and not just 2 as is the case with many blurays.

Also, is seemless branching working? For titles like King Kong Directors cut etc.

Many thanx

I think BD-RB processes every m2ts in the main mpls the same regardless of its size even if its below the the MIN_M2TS value ill have to check up on it I dont have WALL-E to try that title though
Old 5th April 2009, 19:10   #2398  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
I think BD-RB processes every m2ts in the main mpls the same regardless of its size even if its below the the MIN_M2TS value ill have to check up on it I dont have WALL-E to try that title though
Don't think it does, dunno if you remember but couple of days ago you answered a question of mine where I was doing the bluray "Rent" where some m2ts were under a certain size and not being encoded wheras some were (they belonged to the same mpls).

Having said that, they belonged to more than one mpls. Their own individual one and a "play all". They would have played fine on their own but not if you selected the "play all" option.

?

Cheers
Old 5th April 2009, 19:11   #2399  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
What are people doing for movies with more than 1 m2ts for the main feature...
@Furiousflea: Well... I'd say this is one of the weirdest messages you posted for the last month... Either my english needs some schooling or you're saying and asking something that I can't figure out
Old 5th April 2009, 19:16   #2400  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Don't think it does, dunno if you remember but couple of days ago you answered a question of mine where I was doing the bluray "Rent" where some m2ts were under a certain size and not being encoded wheras some were (they belonged to the same mpls).

Having said that, they belonged to more than one mpls. Their own individual one and a "play all". They would have played fine on their own but not if you selected the "play all" option.

?

Cheers
Yes I remember but them files on rent were in the extras which I dont think it does MPLS checking which can be concidered a bug.
I was just refering to the main movie MPLS as in seamless branched discs where I think it does MPLS checking