Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 22nd March 2009, 17:42   #1641  |  Link
funkyfella

hi dean gr8 program but i having problems wont move files over 4gb these are avchd folders , i know fat32 dont accept files over 4 gb i know that but in your settings u have avchd file size and some other size , i hve a screen shot if thatwill help

ta

Last edited by funkyfella; 22nd March 2009 at 17:44.
funkyfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 18:12   #1642  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

If your destination drive is FAT32 you can't use 4GB+ files. If you have NTFS drive as destination/target/temp you should have no problems.
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:52   #1643  |  Link
drpaulng

Two minor problems:
(1)The Title names editor/preview would change the original file name into small letters. ie.
Babylon.A.D.(2008).UNRATED.BDRip.AC3.X264-TLF-English.mkv
babylon a d (2008) unrated bdrip ac3 x264-tlf-english
(2)The chapter points set by 00:00:00 is imprecise compared to 00:00:00:000. Is there a way that we could grab the precise I-frame for chapter-point anchoring? Some professional authoring software can automatically set the chapter point to the nearest I-frame by referred from the imprecise chapter table. The most obvious effect for the imprecise chapter marks is the "jump delay" from chapter to chapter. It would take 1-2 sec for a BD player to search the I-frame with black waiting screen. I personally do not think there is a easy way. I know in Vegas 8.0, chapter marks are embedded within the encoded m2v file that is specially for DVD Architect to process.
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:56   #1644  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

1) I'll check this out (and please don't use movie-names of downloaded content, unless you want this thread CLOSED!)

2) You can use your own chapters (in movie_name.txt) with HH:MM:SS.MLS format - I don't see the problem. Link

Last edited by deank; 22nd March 2009 at 20:02.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 20:17   #1645  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
1) I'll check this out (and please don't use movie-names of downloaded content, unless you want this thread CLOSED!)

2) You can use your own chapters (in movie_name.txt) with HH:MM:SS.MLS format - I don't see the problem. Link
Hi, Deank, i found a little bug with external subtitles, if the file name is "Movie.Spa.srt" the language code is incorrectly set as "Spa" when should be "spa" (lowercase letters), because of that most players indentify the subtitle as "Unknown language" instead of "Spanish".

SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 20:22   #1646  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Execute multiUPDATE.exe - it should fix it.
Old 22nd March 2009, 21:30   #1647  |  Link
WhatHappend

Chapters?

I am trying to understand the XMB menu chapters thumbnails.

If I select the "keep original chapters" selection, is the source chapter locations read to create the thumbnails? Does it matter what the source is (AVCHD, MultiAVCHD version with no chapter.txt, , MultiAVCHD with chapter.txt).

I have a AVCHD source (not created by MultiAVCHD) and when I use the "keep original chapters" selection the thumbnails don't match the actual chapter points.
WhatHappend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 21:54   #1648  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

multiAVCHD cannot recreate chapter marks from non-multiAVCHD sources and - yes - it matters the source. AVCHD/m*ts sources bring almost "zero-info", unless I take a month to process MPLS files and get chapters from those files and I don't think it will "pay back" to dump my work projects to implement it at this time.
Old 22nd March 2009, 22:05   #1649  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I think after almost 500 builds multiAVCHD deserves a semi-pro version (3.0).

* No more "on-the-fly" processing

* All properties of 'to-be-build-compilation' will be available before processing

* Nice user-friendly interface, allowing user to:
--- Select/De-select/browse-for/add/remove built-in/external audio files, subtitle files, external chapter files

-- Decide what kind of processing will be applied to selected/existing audio media

* User decision on final output format upon compilation completion

I'd add more and more to the list - it's just I can't remember all changes.

All those planned changes will bring multiAVCHD to completely new level - from being just a "tool" to a real product.
Old 23rd March 2009, 02:34   #1650  |  Link
drpaulng

Chapter point insertion

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post

Chapter point insertion:
The format 00:00:00:000 table is most precise one if and only if "true" values are given. For zero-wait chapter search, I-frame must be inserted at the chapter point during encoding. Any value of 00:00:00:000 other than those values co-incident with I-frame are not "true" for precise chapter search. There are obvious delay moments during chapter-to-chapter jumps with imprecise chapter table values. The greatest problem is, how do me know which values should be implemented without knowing where the I-frames are? Should I care so much for the momentary black screen waiting for the chapter search? I think I can tolerant them when I know the reason why and I won't care to set the values from 00:00:00 format to 00:00:00:000 format if I do not know precisely the "true" values.
Old 23rd March 2009, 05:00   #1651  |  Link
WhatHappend

I got the following error:
(RT) Invalid array index (7), Valid range (1-6) - Line 6279

When the program errors out, no log file is save. Can is be changed to save the log file with each change to aid in debugging?

I was building a new compilations that had a new MultiAVCHD source that had one title and was build with the latest build so had the multiCHAP.txt file, and my previously built with MultiAVCHD with 5 titles and no multiCHAP.txt file.

UPDATE:
If I use the latest build to process the old MultiAVCHD 5 title source by itself to get the multiCHAP.txt file, then I can successfully combine it with another MultiAVCHD source.

Last edited by WhatHappend; 23rd March 2009 at 05:40.
WhatHappend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 06:10   #1652  |  Link
asherungar

Go dean Go !

say, what ever happened with badly cropped h264 streams?

thanks
asherungar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 08:23   #1653  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpaulng View Post
Chapter point insertion:
The format 00:00:00:000 table is most precise one if and only if "true" values are given. For zero-wait chapter search, I-frame must be inserted at the chapter point during encoding.
I'm wll aware of this. But see, multiAVCHD does no encoding and I can't do much about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappend View Post
I got the following error:
(RT) Invalid array index (7), Valid range (1-6) - Line 6279

When the program errors out, no log file is save. Can is be changed to save the log file with each change to aid in debugging?
This shouldn't happen. I just tried with a folder with multiCHAP and with one without and there were no errors. Anyway, I made a small fix, so it won't error out at line 6279. About the log file - I may do something about it.

In build 479 log file is saved during compilation progress and a minor change when generating XMB menu - skipped unnecessary steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherungar View Post
say, what ever happened with badly cropped h264 streams?
At this point - not much. We'll get there

In build 480 I added detailsEXT.txt and changed the format of details.TXT for compatibility with the next version of AVCHD Manager.

Last edited by deank; 23rd March 2009 at 10:11.
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:13   #1654  |  Link
funkyfella

thanks dean was using the same drive as temp will give it a bash thanks ever so much once work for me will deff donate to your hard work spent on this .
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:51   #1655  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I suggest you all download the complete Setup_multiAVCHD_2.5.

Almost all tools are updated to latest versions.

* mediainfo (MediaInfoLib - v0.7.12)
* mkvinfo (v2.5.3 ('Boogie') built on Mar 7 2009 15:01:20)
* mkvextract (v2.5.3 ('Boogie') built on Mar 7 2009 15:01:20)
* mkvmerge (v2.5.3 ('Boogie') built on Mar 7 2009 15:00:39)
* x264 (x264 core:67 r1128M 682b54d)
* tsmuxer (34b)
* mplayer (Sherpya-SVN-r28311-4.2.5)
* pcm2tsmu (v1.3.0.0)

Option is added in MUXER tab: AVCHD/BD version (001/002). It will be used for headers in bdmv/clpi/mpls files (INDX/MOBJ/HDMV/MPLS)

Dean
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:01   #1656  |  Link
Butterfly666

Hello dean,

Maybe this is a stupid question. Is it possible that the program overwrites the existing multiAVCHD instead of creating a new one?

For example: Extern hd is 250gb. 200gb is used with multiAVCHD. When I want to add a new mkv in the existing one, the program makes a new multiAVCHD on the disk. There isn't enough space for this. But if it's possible to overwrite the existing one, this shoul be great!
Butterfly666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:04   #1657  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I do this a lot and don't have any problems.

1) You have existing multiAVCHD compilation - named AVCHD
2) Rename it to AVCHD_old
3) Drag AVCHD_old to multiAVCHD
4) Add new files
5) Make sure you have [x] Move transitional files in Settings checked
6) Select TARGET and TEMP to be the drive where AVCHD_old is - this will speed up things.
7) create your compilation

multiAVCHD will simply MOVE your files and it won't require additional space, except for the added content (new files).
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:10   #1658  |  Link
funkyfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfella View Post
hi dean gr8 program but i having problems wont move files over 4gb these are avchd folders , i know fat32 dont accept files over 4 gb i know that but in your settings u have avchd file size and some other size , i hve a screen shot if thatwill help

ta
still having same probs , avchd folders range from 4 gb to dvd9 size the m2ts files are not split under 4gb they are whole. my ext hdd which is I:\ is fat 32 and is 300gb . my temp folder is going to i aswell . but orig it was a ntfs drive with 500gb spare space .
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:13   #1659  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

multiAVCHD CAN NOT split input AVCHD folders with m2ts files bigger than 4gb. It can split only input FILES.

You can add these big m2ts files one by one to multiAVCHD and then it will split them, but then if you have menus/extras in the input AVCHD folder - they may become inaccessible. If m2ts files are just movies - it won't be a problem.

Last edited by deank; 23rd March 2009 at 14:15.
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:59   #1660  |  Link
funkyfella

yeh i read that earlier in ya thread, how can 1 add several large m2ts files then please, as i have bout 23 files
thank you

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author