Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 14th March 2009, 07:56   #2041  |  Link
rmeyers

what? you just double click on the audio you want, and it adds it. or, in the settings, make sure you have 'limit to one track for each language' unselected, and then it will automatically add all of the different audio for your specific language.
rmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 09:00   #2042  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
I just encoded Gandhi. I first set it up off a fresh rip and as you see the only audio option was 2ch the multichannel option was not available. Not liking that option I ran tsremuxer only selecting the mutichannel and set that up in 20.03 and it worked. I didn't want to post until I was sure it would be successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyau View Post
I have had that exact problem before with a few movies, but my enquiry was not addressed. This is why I always use tsmuxer to select my preferred subtitles and audio prior to making movie-only backup using BD-RB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeyers View Post
what? you just double click on the audio you want, and it adds it. or, in the settings, make sure you have 'limit to one track for each language' unselected, and then it will automatically add all of the different audio for your specific language.
Wow... that is pretty basic guys.... you really didn't know that you could double-click each audio to enable or disable audio (or Subtitle) streams?
As rmeyers is stating, you could've simply disabled that 2 channel English audio and enabled the TrueHD English stream...
Old 14th March 2009, 09:59   #2043  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
I think he's saying that when he opened the source in BD-Rebuilder the multichannel audio didn't appear. He then ran it through tsmuxer and loaded that output in BD-Rebuilder and it then detected it.
I don't think so. I think he's saying it wasn't "checked" -- which of course means that in the SETUP screen he selected "English" and "Limit to One Track for each language".

I can see from the graphic he loaded that it was there -- only not selected. All that would take is a single double-click (or unchecking "Limit to One Track for each language").

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th March 2009 at 10:05.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 12:59   #2044  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I don't think so. I think he's saying it wasn't "checked" -- which of course means that in the SETUP screen he selected "English" and "Limit to One Track for each language".

I can see from the graphic he loaded that it was there -- only not selected. All that would take is a single double-click (or unchecking "Limit to One Track for each language").
...Where's the initiative gone to these days...It's beyond belief. I wouldn't be surprised if a gang of monkeys could have worked that out together. You know one of those news reports when they show how some monkey managed to press a correct sequence of buttons for some munch...Itsn't this at that level?

Brick wall!

Last edited by Furiousflea; 14th March 2009 at 13:03.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 13:33   #2045  |  Link
datman

Quote:
...Where's the initiative gone to these days...It's beyond belief. I wouldn't be surprised if a gang of monkeys could have worked that out together. You know one of those news reports when they show how some monkey managed to press a correct sequence of buttons for some munch...Itsn't this at that level?

Brick wall!
What can I say I'm a moron. I just clicked it and unchecked it. I guess I should be banned. FuriousFlea we all can't be geniuses. I just ask a question. It could have been answered simply. You don't have to spend 3x the time pointing out how stupid I am, Implying how smart you are.
datman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 14:48   #2046  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
What can I say I'm a moron. I just clicked it and unchecked it. I guess I should be banned. FuriousFlea we all can't be geniuses. I just ask a question. It could have been answered simply. You don't have to spend 3x the time pointing out how stupid I am, Implying how smart you are.
I have nice qualities too like wanting to help you numptees, which is why I wrote a guide. It's not in there though so will add to it at some point. We were all unenlightened once, I'm sure there's stuff you know what I should and I don't. I really didn't mean it personally. This is the internet
Old 14th March 2009, 16:04   #2047  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
This is the internet
It is also Doom9.org, where Rule #4 says "Be nice to each other..."!

The only members not subject to this rule are Atak and DS!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 16:24   #2048  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
It is also Doom9.org, where Rule #4 says "Be nice to each other..."!

The only members not subject to this rule are Atak and DS!
Awwww but I'm nice really don't be a meany!
Old 14th March 2009, 18:33   #2049  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
Ive recently done a backup of taken with version 20.03 to bd5 & i noticed the forced subtitles are missing, not sure if the problem lies with bdrebuilder or tsmuxer, using tsmuxer independently it only shows one english sub stream but does say some tracks not recognsed. This is a region b disc im using.

This has been tested in my ps3 & on a sony 550 blu ray player, my burner is a samsung w163a & use only quality ritek discs.

Thanks
Are you sure the forced subs are even there? The copy i had didn't force any subs even on the original on my Panasonic BD30, i think you might find that it is a mastering error and that is the reason it is currently very hard to track down in UK shops on Blu-ray, if you read this thread http://forum.dvdtalk.com/archive/t-548889.html a few other people also claim that the UK release doesn't indeed have these subs, as too are they needed, yes they are, how do you know that the french police man is having neeson follows till it happens?? etc.
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 19:47   #2050  |  Link
drmih

After previously blaming all x264 failures on bad rips, I now have one which is puzzling me, and my detection method. I have a rip of 300 which I was doing full disc, and on an extra it gave the 'x264 stopped working' message. I identified the stream and played it with MPC and sure enough it was blocky and pixelated. Normally I would re-rip it but in this case I double checked by playing the rip with powerdvd. It was perfect and no sign of any damage. Given this I tried to resume the job but I still get x264 errors, although typically at different percentages through.
Am I missing something obvious?
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 20:01   #2051  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
After previously blaming all x264 failures on bad rips, I now have one which is puzzling me, and my detection method. I have a rip of 300 which I was doing full disc, and on an extra it gave the 'x264 stopped working' message. I identified the stream and played it with MPC and sure enough it was blocky and pixelated. Normally I would re-rip it but in this case I double checked by playing the rip with powerdvd. It was perfect and no sign of any damage. Given this I tried to resume the job but I still get x264 errors, although typically at different percentages through.
Am I missing something obvious?
Simple mystery to solve

300 was released at the same time as HD DVD version. Virtually all HD DVDs were encoded completely (including extras) in VC1. So basically I bet that the only difference between 300 on bluray is that it has PCM audio on Bluray. What you describe is classic symptoms of interlaced VC1 content.

PowerDVD can play it fine because it has the nessacary inbuilt decoder to decode it correctly, however this decoder is not available outside the program as a direct show filter or whatever so that is why...

PowerDVD - plays fine
Generic media player using ffdshow codec - blocky mess

Edit - just because the extras play as a blocky mess doesn't mean it's a bad rip. They could be interlaced VC1 - or a bad rip. I dunno, I've ripped a fair few blurays and NONE have been "bad rips". The only bad rips I hear of are when the scene release groups get ahead of themselves and upload some crap to usenet with the BD+ protection still on the disc (usually just after BD+ has been updated and AnyDVD HD hasn't).

Most "normal" people wouldn't get hold of the disc before AnyDVD HD has been updated to support it anyway. Bad rips are ridiculously rare unless you have some faulty memory\hard drive on the blink. If you're getting them often to a "chkdsk" scan and see what turns up, bad sectors can be marked as bad and you can still use the drive as normal if that is the case. Failing that run "memtest" from a bootable CD and check your memory...Finally if you have got a disc much earlier than release date and it's not working wait for an AnyDVD HD update. Slysoft release updates in their forum before the final releases as stop gap measures.

Last edited by Furiousflea; 14th March 2009 at 20:06.
Old 14th March 2009, 20:22   #2052  |  Link
drmih

Thanks - do I remember a setting where you can get the programme to exclude m2ts files under a certain size as I could do it as a bd-25 and not re-encode the troublesome extras?
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 20:48   #2053  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
So so we're clear on this, it's not your fault, it's mine. I spend way too much time writing code and way too little time writing documentation.
Old 14th March 2009, 21:02   #2054  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Thanks - do I remember a setting where you can get the programme to exclude m2ts files under a certain size as I could do it as a bd-25 and not re-encode the troublesome extras?
It's in the changelog for latest version
Old 14th March 2009, 21:46   #2055  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
So so we're clear on this, it's not your fault, it's mine. I spend way too much time writing code and way too little time writing documentation.

Nobody's fault at all... we've all had those moments datman... sometimes if the answer is too simple we tend to overlook it because we are looking for something complicated as the answer...lol . I'm sure we've all done that.

Anyways, furiousflea could easily add screenshots to his guide, that would help more for some....
That would free up JD's time to continue his modifications to the awesome BD-Rebuilder he has created for us...
Old 14th March 2009, 21:53   #2056  |  Link
klas

The last version have problems with Powerdvd 8. I can see with Powerdvd 7 but Powerdvd 8 detect avchd not bluray.

regards
klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 23:07   #2057  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
Nobody's fault at all... we've all had those moments datman... sometimes if the answer is too simple we tend to overlook it because we are looking for something complicated as the answer...lol . I'm sure we've all done that.

Anyways, furiousflea could easily add screenshots to his guide, that would help more for some....
That would free up JD's time to continue his modifications to the awesome BD-Rebuilder he has created for us...
I'm on the case
Old 14th March 2009, 23:18   #2058  |  Link
tyau

Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post
The last version have problems with Powerdvd 8. I can see with Powerdvd 7 but Powerdvd 8 detect avchd not bluray.

regards
Which build of PowerDVD 8 do you have? The latest build, 2217, which I downloaded directly from Cyberlink 3 days ago doesn't have this problem. Though the build 2521 that is available mainly in torrents have the exact problem you are describing.
tyau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 23:28   #2059  |  Link
tyau

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
Wow... that is pretty basic guys.... you really didn't know that you could double-click each audio to enable or disable audio (or Subtitle) streams?
As rmeyers is stating, you could've simply disabled that 2 channel English audio and enabled the TrueHD English stream...

I am not sure if my problem is similar to datman's, but with one of the earlier versions (0.18.xx) of BD-RB and a couple of blu-ray that I tested, the audio could not be enabled with mere double clicks. The DTS-HD was simply not on the list of audio options.

Unfortunately I forgot which movie it was. I have made many more backup copies since then.

Quote:

Brick wall!
If being compared to monkeys is the response I get for reporting bugs and errors, then I guess I will refrain to do so in the future. My apologies for bringing idiocy to the community.
tyau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 00:03   #2060  |  Link
MikeyBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyau View Post

then I guess I will refrain to do so in the future.
We all still have to report what we think are bugs..... if it turns out to be user inflicted, then no worries, easy to fix right...lol

I remember having an issue with The Secret Life of Bees, and reported it as a bug, was kinda pffffttt at because it seemed that there was no way it could be like I reported.
However it was, that BD had two main movie playlists, but each with completely different audio streams (both English Multichannel DTS-HD) that could not match up if crossed... and I had chosen the first audio stream but the longer second playlist was chosen by BD-RB... the result was some of the content woith completely wrong audio... When I went back and selected the second main audio stream, with BD-RB choosing the second main movie playlist, the audio then matched up.

Completely unique to this Bluray, I reported it as a bug and was in a way accused of pre-processing but I hadn't, ended up that it was indeed an issue if Blurays were authored in this way...... I had to be sure to select the correct main audio stream to match up with the playlist BD-RB chose.

So don't feel squemish about reporting what you feel might be a bug, it's the only way to rule it out. Even if it ends up being something you could've fixed yourself, betterr than not saying anything and continuing to live with something that could very easily be adjusted...

BTW, I didn't mean to come across as harsh, if I sounded that way, my apologies... I was just mentioning that it was pretty easy to fix. Cheers