Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 6th February 2009, 17:29   #1061  |  Link
flytox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjohnson View Post
Finally able to post after 5 day wait.

I'm sending you a donation, so that should help some.

I appreciate your work on this.

My goal is to do a movie only backup to BD-25. I've tried Eagle Eye and Prince Caspian, but I get the error extracting audiosubs that was mentioned a few pages back. I read your comments then and have tried enabling all the languages used in the subs and still get the same problems. It happens with movie only and with full backups. Any other suggestions?

(I'm at work now, so can't post log file, but the log output looks pretty much the same as the others that were reporting the problem.)

Thanks,
Jeff
I thought i was the only one having this (post 1004 ).
I would be glad to help with a donation, but till now i wasn't able to launch just one encode (i made a full reinstall of my PC in case of xcodecs conflicts but no luck).
Anyway i will send a donation.

Last edited by flytox; 6th February 2009 at 17:31.
flytox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 19:47   #1062  |  Link
Shuttle99

I just tried another movie with version 18.07 but copying H264 from 17.13 over to 18.07 directory and it still skipped. So I just re-did it using 17.13 and it work fine. Something between the 17.13 and 18.07 install has changed?
Shuttle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 21:16   #1063  |  Link
jwgallardo

JD: Don't forget also that Cyberdoggy and I are experiencing problems where the movie only backup is not playing at all in our players with version 0.18 but it worked perfect on version 0.17.13. Cyber has a Panasonic player and I have Denon. I am assuming that once the skipping issue with PS3 is solved, must probably it will work again for us too.

I tried without sucess:
Encode_quality = 6
Copying x264.exe from v0.17.14 to v0.18.7
Missing to try: Both above together.

I really don't understand what others are doing with TSMuxer. I will try to learn that so I can try. If somebody please could give us simple steps to do that, I will appreciate it.

P.S. Donation sent!

Last edited by jwgallardo; 6th February 2009 at 21:29.
jwgallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 22:58   #1064  |  Link
DarWun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
That's odd considering that when I used TSMuxer only the resulting BD still skipped. Using TSSplitter did not. Perhaps using Append instead of Add in TSMuxer was the difference?
Kinda odd as well is that BD-RB uses TSMuxer as you did to remux the workfiles into BD structure AFAIK.... so why'd it work for you and not in BD-RB?
Using append versus add definitely did make a difference for me. I used add the first time I tried to rebuild the DVD, and I ended up with an .m2ts file that skipped.

I think the version of TsMuxer I used was different than the one that came with BD-Rebuilder. I wanted the GUI, so I downloaded the package off the TsMuxer website. I think it was v8.8 beta. I'm going to try it again tonight using the TsMuxer.exe version that came with BD-Rebuilder. I have to learn a bit about how to run it from the command line first.

Last edited by DarWun; 6th February 2009 at 23:01.
DarWun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 23:10   #1065  |  Link
cyberdoggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgallardo View Post
JD: Don't forget also that Cyberdoggy and I are experiencing problems where the movie only backup is not playing at all in our players with version 0.18 but it worked perfect on version 0.17.13. Cyber has a Panasonic player and I have Denon. I am assuming that once the skipping issue with PS3 is solved, must probably it will work again for us too.

I tried without sucess:
Encode_quality = 6
Copying x264.exe from v0.17.14 to v0.18.7
Missing to try: Both above together.

I really don't understand what others are doing with TSMuxer. I will try to learn that so I can try. If somebody please could give us simple steps to do that, I will appreciate it.

P.S. Donation sent!
Thanks jwgallardo, I am not going to even attempt all that extra stuff though, I am just going to wait for another new build, I am positive all this will be hashed out. Remember this is still all in it's infancy stage so as time progesses I am sure other applications will follow BD-RB just as DVD-Shrink, and Clone DVD etc... did.
cyberdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 23:23   #1066  |  Link
smnckl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarWun View Post
Using append versus add definitely did make a difference for me. I used add the first time I tried to rebuild the DVD, and I ended up with an .m2ts file that skipped.

I think the version of TsMuxer I used was different than the one that came with BD-Rebuilder. I wanted the GUI, so I downloaded the package off the TsMuxer website. I think it was v8.8 beta. I'm going to try it again tonight using the TsMuxer.exe version that came with BD-Rebuilder. I have to learn a bit about how to run it from the command line first.
You can use the GUI to pick the m2ts files that need to be spliced together. After you have chosen the input files, look at the bottom of the GUI and you will see the command line stuff.
smnckl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 23:44   #1067  |  Link
MikeyBK

You can still have a standalone TSMuxer aside from the exe file in the BD-RB tools folder... AFAIK... in fact I do know... this standalone TSMuxerGUI can be run for your other projects, but JD specifically just asked that you use the TSMuxer.exe that came with BD-RB for BD-RB projects, and not overwrite that exe with the GUI version.

Last edited by MikeyBK; 6th February 2009 at 23:54.
MikeyBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 03:41   #1068  |  Link
DarWun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
You can still have a standalone TSMuxer aside from the exe file in the BD-RB tools folder... AFAIK... in fact I do know... this standalone TSMuxerGUI can be run for your other projects, but JD specifically just asked that you use the TSMuxer.exe that came with BD-RB for BD-RB projects, and not overwrite that exe with the GUI version.
I just completed a manual rebuild from the command line using the version of TsMuxer.exe that came with BD-Rebuilder. The resulting .m2ts file plays without skipping on the PS3.
DarWun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 04:56   #1069  |  Link
Capsbackup

Backed up X-Files 2, NTSC, full movie to BD-5 just for testing purposes, not for quality since there is some 5 1/2 hours of content and 43GB worth of data on this disc. There are two versions of this movie, extended and theatrical version, with multiple .M2TS files. The backup finished successfully, and came out 4.27GB. The intro and trailers all play fine, as does the main menu. When I select the theatrical version the movie plays back fine with audio and subtitles as selected. However, when I try to play back the extended version, the video plays back but there is no audio, nor can you select subtitles. I have had this happen before with a few other movies too, and this time I was using BD-RB v1807. The individual .M2TS files do play back with audio on the cpu thru Mplayerc, just not the Sony BDP-BX1.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 09:36   #1070  |  Link
DIVX2009

Error whit LPCM 7.1 ....?
Is not supported ??
DIVX2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 14:59   #1071  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttle99 View Post
I just tried another movie with version 18.07 but copying H264 from 17.13 over to 18.07 directory and it still skipped. So I just re-did it using 17.13 and it work fine. Something between the 17.13 and 18.07 install has changed?
Good post. So we can eliminate any of the x264 settings. Can you send me the META files from each project? dvd-rb@dvd-rb.com
Old 7th February 2009, 15:02   #1072  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarWun View Post
I just completed a manual rebuild from the command line using the version of TsMuxer.exe that came with BD-Rebuilder. The resulting .m2ts file plays without skipping on the PS3.
I need to see the META files from each of the two builds.
Old 7th February 2009, 15:49   #1073  |  Link
jdobbs

I think I'm going to take another path with these multipart movie-only BDs... just for the hell of it, I'm going to build a version that outputs them in the same multipart format as the original and see how that works (especially on the PS3).
Old 7th February 2009, 16:08   #1074  |  Link
drmih

JD: Is there anything I can supply you from Universal discs I have encoded (full disc) to bd-9 to identify why a Sony standalone does not identify the audio stream but powerdvd can?
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 16:17   #1075  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
JD: Is there anything I can supply you from Universal discs I have encoded (full disc) to bd-9 to identify why a Sony standalone does not identify the audio stream but powerdvd can?
Are these NTSC? You mentioned "The Mummy" -- which one (the first)? I'd like to give it a go. I don't think I've seen an issue on my Sony, but maybe I've just been lucky. If you change audio tracks from the remote, does it pick up the audio?

Also, could you post the details? Are the original tracks always the same type (True HD, etc.)? It has to be something to do with how I reset the "type of audio" information in the MPLS and CLPI files, and maybe I'm just not doing it right for certain kinds...
Old 7th February 2009, 16:34   #1076  |  Link
Gnavicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
When using FIX_CLPI=0 I get this

Code:
 - [17:21:03] Video Encode complete
 - [17:21:03] Extracting/reencoding audio tracks
 - [17:21:03] Multiplexing M2TS
[17:21:04] - Failed to build structure, aborted
tested on Vista 64, XP 32 and 4 BD's. With FIX_CLPI=1 they all process OK.
I get the exact same error message "Failed to build structure, aborted" when rebuilding WALL-E to a BD-25. I get the error whenever I select the two additional English audio tracks for the main movie stream but doing a full backup of the blu-ray. I've tried it with and without the FIX_CLPI options and by unchecking "limit to one track for each language" under setup.

The only thing that works is for BD-RB v.18.7 (beta) to select the main English audio stream and not the other two.

Everything else BD-RB does is amazing and appeared on the internet the day I switched to Blu-ray, Kudos to jdobbs!
Gnavicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 18:27   #1077  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Same as I just reported in #1069 above. Only one player, Sony that jdobbs has, has played the audio now on several discs I have made and tested at a local retail store. My BX1 just will not play the audio from the main movie but all the trailers and menu audio is heard. Interesting that on the several that have worked flawlessly, when you press the audio button on the remote when the movie is playing, it will show the different audio tracks that would have been available but that were removed, as is true with the subtitle tracks. But on the ones that no main movie audio is heard, pressing the audio button or the subtitle button does not bring up anything. It is just as if there is no response, or that the button is not working. The video plays just fine, just no sound.

@jdobbs: could a placeholder / small audio file and subtitle file, the same file type audio as the original disc, be inserted to the location of that which will be removed, and be placed on the audio and subtitle tracks of the new BD-RB AVCHD, maybe just for testing, to see if that will keep the audio available and subtitle tracks in line with the original disc?
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 18:40   #1078  |  Link
drmih

Jd: capsbackup has pretty much described the issue. It has only occured on Universal discs - The Mummy and the Bourne Collection I have tried so far. The audio on the menu for the main movie is True HD 5.1. As stated, the audio on the extras works fine but for the movie it isn't there - if you use the display information button it doesn't show a stream as present. However, if the disc is played in Powerdvd or if the stream is selected on a ps3, the audio is fine.

If there are any of the files from the disc that I can post the information from, or extract details using bdinfo or bdedit, then just advise.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 19:15   #1079  |  Link
jdobbs

Have you told BD-RB to keep the audio intact, or is is set to the default?

Could you try opening the output with BDEDIT and see what it says the audio is (in the CLIPINF)?

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th February 2009 at 19:18.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 19:58   #1080  |  Link
drmih

The audio has to be converted as I think that it accounts for several Gb and hence not viable for a bd-9. Below is the information for two titles from universal with the problem, and a random other which is fine - all done with the same settings (the info from the original discs is also shown).

The Mummy

1011 avc 1080p 23.976 16.9
**Original vc1 1080p 23.976 16.9
1100 dd multi-ch 48 khz eng
**Original DTS-HD XLL multi-ch 48 khz eng
1200 pg eng
1201 pg spa
1202 pg fra

Bourne Identity

1011 avc 1080p 23.976 16.9
**Original vc1 1080p 23.976 16.9
1100 dd multi-ch 48 khz eng