Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 15th January 2009, 08:34   #7861  |  Link
shanghai2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
2nd pass processing can be very fast, depending on the circumstances. If eac3to says 2nd pass processing succeeded, then it most probably did.
Madshi,

Thanks a lot for the reply!
After your reply I listened to the EAC3 tracks carefully, especially around the overlap time, they sound correct.
Old 15th January 2009, 13:44   #7862  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullity View Post
Fair enough, but could you please add the remaining delay to the log output?
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc0re View Post
question about the delay issue...is the delay only fixed if actual transcoding is done?
Delay is always fixed by eac3to, as has been explained in about every 2nd page of this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSport View Post
Please it is possible somehow to pipe eac3 with e.g. mkfifo or another way?
I don't know mkfifo, but most probably the answer is "no".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnot View Post
What's the best way to redo 1088 mkvs I made long time ago with gdsmux? I wanna get rid of that gray line. Demux with mkvextractgui, then mux to mkv with eac3to, or mux to ts with tsmuxer and back to mkv with eac3to?
Hmmmm... I guess both should work. Don't know which is better. Alternatively you could wait for an eac3to build which allows MKV reading. But I don't know if that feature will ever come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggking7 View Post
I'm able to 'eac3to /mnt/cdrom' with a mounted Blu-Ray disc, but 'eac3to /mnt/cdrom 1)' doesn't work. Does that work for anyone else?
Is that Linux? I don't know why it doesn't work, I'm sorry...
Old 15th January 2009, 14:04   #7863  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

[blatant advertising]

HDI has two new products which sound very awesome to me, namely:

- Dune BD Prime
- Dune HD Center

http://www.hdi.co.il/fullhd_players/

Both are full standalone Blu-Ray players, but they also support playing Blu-Ray disc rips from a network resource - including full menu and Java support. Also they support virtually any container / audio codec combination I can think of. Plus they can both decode and bitstream DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-HD Master Audio, E-AC3 and TrueHD with full 7.1 channels.

E.g. they can play the video track of a MKV/TS/m2ts file together with external (demuxed) AC3, DTS and FLAC audio tracks. Or in other words: With these devices you don't need to mux the audio tracks into the container, anymore. You can just use "eac3to someMovie movie.mkv" and the Dune players will play the result just fine as it is. LOVE that.

Furthermore there's an option for a Gigabit network card, which works around the Sigma Designs chip's bad network speed, so that playing even highest bitrate Blu-Ray movies over (NFS) network connection is not a problem, anymore. Finally, the developers seem to be very open for improvement suggestions. Much more so than I've seen from any other media player company. See here:

http://mpcclub.com/modules.php?name=...wtopic&t=20060

This may finally be the product that can replace my HTPC for good. I'll order a HD Center with Gigabit card. The only thing I don't like is that there's a fan on the Sigma Designs chip...

[/blatant advertising]

Please don't discuss this topic further in this thread. I just wanted to show some support for HDI here, because I think such a promising product has earned it.

Last edited by madshi; 15th January 2009 at 14:16.
Old 15th January 2009, 14:41   #7864  |  Link
Jom

(E-)AC3 decoding in windows 7

Hi.

Windows 7 has the ability to decode eac3 and ac3 natively using "Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder" aka msmpeg2adec.dll.

Could eac3to utilise this in place of nero / libav ?
I suppose this depends on whether or not it can deal with TrueHD?

I'm guessing these codecs might also make it into vista sp2.
Old 15th January 2009, 16:54   #7865  |  Link
piratburner

I have installed Windows 7, and tested eac3to but I can't get nero7 to work with eac3to. any advice to get it to work ?
everything else works, surcode, arcsoft ........
Old 15th January 2009, 17:30   #7866  |  Link
Jom

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratburner View Post
I have installed Windows 7, and tested eac3to but I can't get nero7 to work with eac3to. any advice to get it to work ?
When you purchase the Nero HD pack they should email you a serial number you can enter in product license management.
The codecs are't active until you enter a valid serial.
Did you do that already ?

I just let eac3to use libav, the extra fluff installed with nero ain't worth it. Hopefully win7 users could avoid nero and arcsoft altogether if Windows 7 decodes Dolby* and DTS* out the box. (Which it appears to do at the moment - though i'm struggling to find samples of all the different formats in a container i can play)
Old 15th January 2009, 18:21   #7867  |  Link
piratburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jom View Post
When you purchase the Nero HD pack they should email you a serial number you can enter in product license management.
The codecs are't active until you enter a valid serial.
Did you do that already ?
Yes I have serial number for....
Blu-ray/HD DVD Video plugin
HD-DVD plugin
BluRay DVD plugin

Is something missing ?
Old 15th January 2009, 18:52   #7868  |  Link
pbjr

Quote:
I'm able to 'eac3to /mnt/cdrom' with a mounted Blu-Ray disc, but 'eac3to /mnt/cdrom 1)' doesn't work. Does that work for anyone else?
whats the error? I do '1)'.
Old 15th January 2009, 22:47   #7869  |  Link
ExSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I don't know mkfifo, but most probably the answer is "no".

And do you plan it for the future versions if it is easy to implement it? I mean piping.
Your application is one of few which can recode DTS properly
It will be great if it will be possible to use your eac3to in PMS application(PS3 media streaming)
LINK
Anyway thanks for great app.

Last edited by ExSport; 15th January 2009 at 23:07.
Old 15th January 2009, 23:17   #7870  |  Link
Devrethman

Quote:
Parenthesis are bash operators. Try eac3to /mnt/cdrom 1\)

For some reason when rip blu-rays with eac3to mplayer thinks the end of file is about 4 seconds in. If I run the files through mkvmerge, they work, but if I try to go straight from eac3to to mplayer/mencoder, it always stops around 4 seconds in. Is this normal?
Old 15th January 2009, 23:42   #7871  |  Link
mrr19121970

I made a nice GUI to use eac3to...

eacto, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

Screen Shots

Select your default locations:

eac3to is called, and the playlists are presented to you. Select one and proceed:

eacto is called, and the video, audio and subtitle streams are presented to you. Select what you want and proceed.

eac3to is called and saves all the streams you selected. a meta & BAT file for tsMuxer are created. If you selected a .ISO image, then ImgBurn is called after after tsMuxer is completed.

Finally a sound is played - especially usefull if you leave you PC unattended, so you can hear it from another room.
Old 16th January 2009, 01:00   #7872  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

would be great if there was a similar program which included eac3to and mkvmerge for even easier creation of that final movie .mkv which includes all. madshi, why dont you ask mosu to merge your 2 tools

but good work for that one^^

that "H" symbol though is taken from some russian mouse button key binding tool, isn't it? :P

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 16th January 2009 at 01:11.
Old 16th January 2009, 01:11   #7873  |  Link
sidekick2

I'm not sure if this is a format issue, eac3to, or tsmuxer... I've extracted the eac3 audio from Bourne Identity HD-DVD, and also created a normal ac3 conversion from the eac3.

No errors in any applications, but my dd+ track doesn't play on the disk in a stand alone or ps3.

In tsmuxer, I have the vc1 file, .ac3 file, .eac3 file, and subtitles. It sees it no problem as an dolby digital+ file, and everything works as it should, creating the blu-ray disk structure.

Is dd+ broken in tsmuxer as well, or is eac3to not outputting a flavor of eac3 that tsmuxer likes, or???

I'm using eac3to 3.03, and tsmuxer 1.8.8b.

According to the wiki, blu-ray supports dolby digital+. I have the dd+ as a 2nd track, and when I select it, the video stutters and no audio is output. Reading the wiki, it says dd+ for blu-ray needs the 640k core ac3 file. My extract line on eac3to was just a 5: h:\bourne\bi.eac3 (for the audio track) Is there a toggle for eac3+ac3 so it includes the core for blu-rays sake, or is it in there already by using the .eac3 tag?

Or is this a tsmuxer issue (I know it has issues with thd) again, or am I just nuts trying to get dolby digital+ working on blu-ray?

Playing the folder in arcsoft works fine on the pc, with both audio tracks.

Madshi, so far 3.03 is great! Thanks!

** update ** I just tried using older version of eac3to, with the same results. I guess tsmuxer doesn't like dd+ either?!?

Last edited by sidekick2; 16th January 2009 at 05:18. Reason: more info added
Old 16th January 2009, 02:51   #7874  |  Link
asarian

Madshi,

I'm not even entirely sure eac3to is causing it (though I'm fair certain it does); but when extracting the VC-1 stream of the American Gangster Blu-Ray, which is annoyingly split over dozens of m2ts files, I get the movie just fine, but the 'total time' index is off. Which is to say, it is set to the length of the first part (~13 mins). Even though the movie plays/streams in full, I can't seek (PS3 = 'Go To') beyond the 13 minutes marker.

So, is there a way eac3to could set the correct 'total time' when having fully recompiled all the parts? Obviously, eac3to already knows the correct runtime length, as it indicates so when starting.

Thanks
Old 16th January 2009, 12:22   #7875  |  Link
idbirch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratburner View Post
It didn't work for me either, in Nero licence management, it clearly shows the BluRay/HDDVD plugin being registered but eac3to just can't detect it. It detects Arcsoft, Sonic and Surcode just fine but something about the Windows 7 architecture is preventing eac3to from accurately checking Nero 7 status. To get around this, I am running eac3to in a WinXP virtual machine.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:03   #7876  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ could it be the environment variables thing again?
Old 16th January 2009, 21:59   #7877  |  Link
DrNein

I do not have experience with Windows 7 and Nero 7 however, confirm the following files exist and that the *.ax is registered (i.e. re-register it).

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio2.ax
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeEacDec.dll

Also, the plugin license is not strictly required as other licenses encompass the audio functionality, such as Ultra Edition. As said previous, I think the best option is to install Nero 7 Micro with appropriate license and then add NeEacDec.dll as above. This achieves a minimal install of what remains a great disc writing program without the clutter.
Old 16th January 2009, 23:08   #7878  |  Link
piratburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNein View Post
I do not have experience with Windows 7 and Nero 7 however, confirm the following files exist and that the *.ax is registered (i.e. re-register it).

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio2.ax
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeEacDec.dll

Also, the plugin license is not strictly required as other licenses encompass the audio functionality, such as Ultra Edition. As said previous, I think the best option is to install Nero 7 Micro with appropriate license and then add NeEacDec.dll as above. This achieves a minimal install of what remains a great disc writing program without the clutter.
Checking my system..... and I don't have NeAudio2.ax on my windows 7 system disc ??

But NeEacDec.dll I have

???
Old 16th January 2009, 23:25   #7879  |  Link
peterjcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekick2 View Post
According to the wiki, blu-ray supports dolby digital+. I have the dd+ as a 2nd track, and when I select it, the video stutters and no audio is output. Reading the wiki, it says dd+ for blu-ray needs the 640k core ac3 file.
DD+ on Blu-ray is entirely different from DD+ on HD DVD and there is really no way to convert between them. You'll have to make do with the AC3 track, or else expand the HD DVD DD+ out to LPCM.
Old 17th January 2009, 00:29   #7880  |  Link
Jom

Nero 7 on win 7 works

DrNein - Good shout.

Extracting NeEacDec.dll from the retail CD package was a pain, but it worked.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter>regsvr32 NeAudio2.ax

C:\>eac3to -test
eac3to (v3.03) is up to date
Nero Audio Decoder (Nero 7) works fine
ArcSoft DTS Decoder doesn't seem to be installed
... etc

On a side note, the dlls are signed, and the certificates expire on the 28th June 2009.
If the nero filters break in June, it should be easy to replace the signatures using signtool in the .NET SDK.

Last edited by Jom; 17th January 2009 at 00:38.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to