Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 20th October 2008, 06:47   #81  |  Link
mikeytown2
Resize Abuser

What are you using to load your source? It needs to be frame accurate.
mikeytown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 14:23   #82  |  Link
krosswindz

^ I am using HCEnc Gui to load the avs file.
krosswindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 16:48   #83  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosswindz View Post
I am also encountering the Error, source mismatch in pass 2 starting at frame... error. I have the option of reloading avisynth selected. I dont have a lot of space so dont have the option of running the lossless option. Any reason why this might be happening?
You should really consider getting an external drive just for this if you do a lot of encoding. It'll pay for itself in time spent doing this. Drives are inexpensive and all you probably need is a 250-300Gig drive. Good luck.
Old 20th October 2008, 19:29   #84  |  Link
mikeytown2
Resize Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosswindz View Post
^ I am using HCEnc Gui to load the avs file.
What are the files you are trying to load? AVI, FLV, ...? My guess is its a file that has a variable frame rate; which means you need to load it with the correct tools, not DirectShowSource().
http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Extern...Source_Filters
mikeytown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 00:30   #85  |  Link
krosswindz

@chumbo yeah I have been thinking about getting an external drive. The problem being that I am running windows XP inside a VM in linux. I am not sure if I have to use fat32 on the external drive or if I can use ntfs.

@mikeytown2 I am trying to load DVD VOB files using DGDECODE_MPEG2source. I have pmed you the script I am using.

Last edited by krosswindz; 21st October 2008 at 00:33.
krosswindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 08:19   #86  |  Link
Darksoul71
Can you blush ?

@others: Sorry for OT

@krosswindz:
Quote:
The problem being that I am running windows XP inside a VM in linux. I am not sure if I have to use fat32 on the external drive or if I can use ntfs.
Normally you should be able to use ntfs on the external drive. I never experienced any problems when accessing ntfs in read/write access from linux. Another approach might be using a linux FS on the external drive (ext3 for example) and publish it via Samba. From the Windows VMs perspective the underlying FS shouldnīt matter then.

Depending on your Virtualisation solution you might also be able to attach the USB drive to the VM directly. This is something which for example Sunīs VirtualBox supports. I havenīt been able to get this running on my Debian Host with a VBox WinXP Guest though.
Darksoul71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 17:04   #87  |  Link
Chumbo

@hank,
I've been trying to encode using the Lossless option on one of my computers but it has been crashing when checking this option. Seems to work fine with reload AVS, but I'd prefer to use the lossless file option.

The crash is just the standard application crash per the snapshot below. I tried all sorts of combinations of same and different paths and drives for the locations of both the lossless and db path, in case of some sort of clash, but nothing works. Please let me know if you want any other details. Thank you.
Old 28th December 2008, 01:56   #88  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

Have you put 2 or more spaces between the option and the path/file in the .ini file ?
halsboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 04:27   #89  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by halsboss View Post
Have you put 2 or more spaces between the option and the path/file in the .ini file ?
On this PC, I happen to be using the GUI. I don't have this issue on my other computer either via the UI or if I run it from the CLI. But either way, I always create the ini file via the GUI.
Old 28th December 2008, 10:41   #90  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbo View Post
@hank,
I've been trying to encode using the Lossless option on one of my computers but it has been crashing when checking this option. Seems to work fine with reload AVS, but I'd prefer to use the lossless file option.

The crash is just the standard application crash per the snapshot below. I tried all sorts of combinations of same and different paths and drives for the locations of both the lossless and db path, in case of some sort of clash, but nothing works. Please let me know if you want any other details. Thank you.
I wonder if that crash creates a dump file which you can analyse. The next time that happens, you could leave the crash report window open and see whether your Windows temp folder (I think it's usually c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\temp) contains a .dmp file. Copy that file somewhere safe and upload it somewhere so we can take a look at it. You have to leave the crash report window open because the dump files will be removed after the window is closed. Another place to look for the dump files is at c:\windows\minidump.
Old 28th December 2008, 17:57   #91  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
I wonder if that crash creates a dump file which you can analyse. The next time that happens, you could leave the crash report window open and see whether your Windows temp folder (I think it's usually c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\temp) contains a .dmp file. Copy that file somewhere safe and upload it somewhere so we can take a look at it. You have to leave the crash report window open because the dump files will be removed after the window is closed. Another place to look for the dump files is at c:\windows\minidump.
I sent the crash info via PM to you Boulder.

btw, I happen to test this on an mpeg2 source and it works just fine. It only crashes when the source is an AVC. I normally use the .dga file as the source in the input avs script, but it crashes if I use either AVCSource or directshowsource as long as the source is AVC. Maybe that'll help narrow down things.

I tested this on my "working" system and sure enough it crashed there too. What I didn't remember is that when it worked, my sources were all mpeg2. Sigh...

Let me know if you need any other info.
Old 1st January 2009, 08:18   #92  |  Link
moviemaven

I have had the same exact problem here also. If I remove *LOSSLESS, it works okay, but crashes with it in.

MM
moviemaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 00:30   #93  |  Link
Sharc

I created an index file .dga of an .m2ts (VC-1 encoded) and an .avs using DGVC1IndexNV. I loaded the .avs successfuly in HCgui 0.23, and I can preview the movie in the "Preview/Chapter" Tab of HCgui, but when pressing "encode" nothing happens ...
Is HCenc not compatible with .dgv index files?

Last edited by Sharc; 6th January 2009 at 20:13.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 00:37   #94  |  Link

Works fine for me.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 01:54   #95  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemaven View Post
I have had the same exact problem here also. If I remove *LOSSLESS, it works okay, but crashes with it in.

MM
You can't just use this option by itself. You have to use it with a location. See the GUI for the option to set that.

I've moved my issue to the 024 beta thread, so it would be good to post any bugs you all have there.
Old 6th January 2009, 04:30   #96  |  Link
moviemaven

Quote:
You can't just use this option by itself. You have to use it with a location. See the GUI for the option to set that.

I've moved my issue to the 024 beta thread, so it would be good to post any bugs you all have there.
Actually, you do not need the location (LLPATH) so long as it is set in the program. I think LLPATH would override your default setting. Funny thing, I cannot reproduce the crash anymore, so it must have been only one kind of file.

Glenn
Old 6th January 2009, 16:07   #97  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemaven View Post
Actually, you do not need the location (LLPATH) so long as it is set in the program. I think LLPATH would override your default setting. Funny thing, I cannot reproduce the crash anymore, so it must have been only one kind of file.

Glenn
Oh yeah, I forgot. You're right. Is it working with your source being AVC?
Old 6th January 2009, 20:12   #98  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Works fine for me.
Ooops ... works perfectly when I
- Do the encoder settings in HCgui_023 and save the HCini
- Exit HCgui and fire up HCenc_023.exe separately
Looks as if the HCgui cannot start the encoder properly.
Scratching my head .... perhaps something is borked here ....
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2009, 04:59   #99  |  Link
moviemaven

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot. You're right. Is it working with your source being AVC?
Am I using AVCs?? I honestly don't know. I was under the impression that those are associated with h264 files. ALl my inputs have been AVIs.
Old 7th January 2009, 10:08   #100  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтιĒ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
I created an index file .dga of an .m2ts (VC-1 encoded) and an .avs using DGVC1IndexNV. I loaded the .avs successfuly in HCgui 0.23, and I can preview the movie in the "Preview/Chapter" Tab of HCgui, but when pressing "encode" nothing happens ...
Is HCenc not compatible with .dgv index files?
exact same problem with same type of input file. hc 0.22 worked flawlessly.

pls let me know what info u need to rectify this if poss.
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote