Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th October 2008, 19:06   #2161  |  Link
yamyam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: England
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed (this is a long thread), so I thought I'd bring it up. TSMUXER seems to have a small bug that causes fast-forward, rewind, and seeking issues when creating Blu-ray output.

It appears as though the COARSE/FINE table relationship in the .CLPI file isn't being structured properly. The program correctly creates a new COARSE entry with the PTS rolls over (the LSBs contained in the FINE table get to a point where they will require an increment in the COARSE table). But it appears it doesn't do so (at least not always) when the same thing happens to the COARSE/FINE SPN. As a result, you have combined SPN pointers that suddenly drop to very small values (at least until the next COARSE reference)...

Just thought I'd mention it in case someone is keeping the package up-to-date. If not, I guess I can write a simple program to read/rewrite the CLPI (I'd rather see it fixed in the program, though). I just did one by hand and it fixed the problems -- now rewind/fast-forward works correctly and I no longer get "pauses" when I jump between chapters.
Unfortunatly TSmuxer is not being worked on anymore, we are aware of the bugs it has but as of yet cant fix some of them, writing a program as you mension im sure will be very much welcomed among TSmuxer users including myself, it also has a problem with trueHD
yamyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 22:29   #2162  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamyam View Post
Unfortunatly TSmuxer is not being worked on anymore, we are aware of the bugs it has but as of yet cant fix some of them, writing a program as you mension im sure will be very much welcomed among TSmuxer users including myself, it also has a problem with trueHD
um it's still being worked on just saw the 1.88 version...
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 22:30   #2163  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed (this is a long thread), so I thought I'd bring it up. TSMUXER seems to have a small bug that causes fast-forward, rewind, and seeking issues when creating Blu-ray output.

It appears as though the COARSE/FINE table relationship in the .CLPI file isn't being structured properly. The program correctly creates a new COARSE entry with the PTS rolls over (the LSBs contained in the FINE table get to a point where they will require an increment in the COARSE table). But it appears it doesn't do so (at least not always) when the same thing happens to the COARSE/FINE SPN. As a result, you have combined SPN pointers that suddenly drop to very small values (at least until the next COARSE reference)...

Just thought I'd mention it in case someone is keeping the package up-to-date. If not, I guess I can write a simple program to read/rewrite the CLPI (I'd rather see it fixed in the program, though). I just did one by hand and it fixed the problems -- now rewind/fast-forward works correctly and I no longer get "pauses" when I jump between chapters.
You getting this with 1.88?
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 22:37   #2164  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,767
I didn't even know there was a v1.88 -- I always look at the first post of this thread for updates...

I just went to www.smlabs.net and the latest version they have is 1.84 also...
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 26th October 2008 at 22:41.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 23:07   #2165  |  Link
rica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I didn't even know there was a v1.88 -- I always look at the first post of this thread for updates...

I just went to www.smlabs.net and the latest version they have is 1.84 also...
It's hidden here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...09#post1188709




_ _ _ _ _
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 01:10   #2166  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
You getting this with 1.88?
Just tested it with v1.88 -- the problem is still there. Hopefully they'll fix it in the next release. I'll post a quick fix program in a day or so. It just needs to rebuild the tables and rewrite the CLPI. No big deal.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 27th October 2008 at 01:12.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 02:33   #2167  |  Link
survivant001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 449
if it's help. when I have problem with a movie that doesn't ff and rw.. I open the .m2ts back into tsmuxer and regenerate a new bluray structure. That work for me most of the times.
survivant001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 03:19   #2168  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,767
I don't see how rebuilding the M2TS would help -- the same timestamps will result in the same problem. Anyway, I have a solution -- I was just reporting the problem in the hope that the developers would take note...
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 10:25   #2169  |  Link
Audioboxer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 79
Hey guys, got a question for you.

I'm looking to stream my BD discs to my PS3. I have a LG BR player on the PC I rip with.

Planet Earth is VC-1 which seems to be tricky for the PS3.

Is there anyway I can mux the VC-1 video stream into WMV-HD (I first use AnyDVD to dump the BD disc) ?

Audio doesn't matter much, I only have a 2.0 stereo setup, so I'm happy to transcode the audio to make it work in a WMV-HD container. I don't want to transcode video however.

I know you can create AVCHD discs or something, but I'd rather not have my movies in 4GB chunks.

Thanks
Audioboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 13:03   #2170  |  Link
G_M_C
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioboxer View Post
Hey guys, got a question for you.

I'm looking to stream my BD discs to my PS3. I have a LG BR player on the PC I rip with.

Planet Earth is VC-1 which seems to be tricky for the PS3.

Is there anyway I can mux the VC-1 video stream into WMV-HD (I first use AnyDVD to dump the BD disc) ?

Audio doesn't matter much, I only have a 2.0 stereo setup, so I'm happy to transcode the audio to make it work in a WMV-HD container. I don't want to transcode video however.

I know you can create AVCHD discs or something, but I'd rather not have my movies in 4GB chunks.

Thanks
Lemme put 1 question to you ...

How do you suppose that putting your question in the tsMuxeR tread will help ?
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 13:54   #2171  |  Link
Audioboxer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
Lemme put 1 question to you ...

How do you suppose that putting your question in the tsMuxeR tread will help ?
Because I assumed I have to use TSMuxer with the uncompressed BR first of all.

My LG drive is coming tomorrow, this will be the first time I've tried ripping a BR disc. Only played them on the PS3 till now.

http://www.blu-raystats.com/ told me Planet Earth is VC-1, and trying to clue myself up online about ripping BR discs told me VC-1 can be an issue for the PS3.

If I'm in the wrong place, sorry, but everyone seems to use TSMuxer for their BR discs after ripping.
Audioboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 18:09   #2172  |  Link
Cela
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaid View Post
...All these questions have been asked countless times before... The problem is that all the information about PS3 and H.264 replay is out there, it's just scattered all over the net! Someone needs to write a coherent FAQ and make a sticky. I would volunteer to do this if people think that's a good idea...
Yes, that really is an excellent idea!
A FAQ, sort of a User's Guide for tsMuxeR and usage of eac3to to maintain audio sync for PS3 and standalone replay would benefit both beginners and experts (not so many already somewhere answered questions to ask, to write, to read and to answer).

Just found a hint that eac3to could help me to solve my
"Issue 1: Audio sync after split (and append)". But I am new to tsMuxer and haven't heard of eac3to before. So, I would welcome any instructions how to do the job.
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 19:15   #2173  |  Link
piratburner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj666 View Post
How are you trying to play the sound back? Have you tried downconverting to DTS and see if it works?

-jj-
The original files works great on my TviX but when used TsMuxeR there is NO sound, and its the same on 2 movies with DTS-HD 7.1

All DTS-HD 5.1 Works perfect after run this on TsMuxeR

So it's a bug in this SW :-(

EDIT

If Downconvert to DTS its OK . but I like DTS-HD more :-)

Last edited by piratburner; 27th October 2008 at 19:19.
piratburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 21:34   #2174  |  Link
nwg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I don't see how rebuilding the M2TS would help -- the same timestamps will result in the same problem. Anyway, I have a solution -- I was just reporting the problem in the hope that the developers would take note...

Is it a easy solution? I also noticed the same rewind and ffwd problems with Tsmuxer files. I also noticed a little pauses when skipping chapters.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 22:15   #2175  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg View Post
Is it a easy solution? I also noticed the same rewind and ffwd problems with Tsmuxer files. I also noticed a little pauses when skipping chapters.
Easy to write a program -- a little tedious to do by hand. You have to find the instances where it happens and add a new COARSE entry. The easiest way is to just read the tables into memory and then simply rewrite the COARSE/FINE correctly back into the CLPI file (then change the pointers/references).
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 22:45   #2176  |  Link
rica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg View Post
I also noticed the same rewind and ffwd problems with Tsmuxer files. I also noticed a little pauses when skipping chapters.
Hi,
dunno how it handles but just tick "change fps" option (under track options) and manually input fps; it is gonna work.
Just give it a go.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 01:07   #2177  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,767
I do that with every mux. It doesn't solve the problem. It is very obvious when played back on my Sony standalone. For example, when you try to reverse it will go a few seconds backward and then start going forward. When you seek to a chapter, you sometimes will hear sound for a few seconds before the picture catches up. Some are worse than others. It all depends how far off the packet pointers are off.

This is not something that goes away with FM. It is a finite, repeatable, easily identifiable problem. If you dump the table IT IS VERY OBVIOUS there is a mistake in the CLPI.

I guess nobody wants to hear it... I thought I was being helpful reporting the problem along with an exact description of the symptom (as well as an offer for a solution). Heck with it... I'll do mine correctly and everyone else can continue to pretend it isn't there.

@nwg: I'll email you a solution
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th October 2008 at 01:18.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 01:27   #2178  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I do that with every mux. It doesn't solve the problem. It is very obvious when played back on my Sony standalone. For example, when you try to reverse it will go a few seconds backward and then start going forward. When you seek to a chapter, you sometimes will hear sound for a few seconds before the picture catches up. Some are worse than others. It all depends how far off the packet pointers are off.

This is not something that goes away with FM. It is a finite, repeatable, easily identifiable problem. If you dump the table IT IS VERY OBVIOUS there is a mistake in the CLPI.

I guess nobody wants to hear it... I thought I was being helpful reporting the problem along with an exact description of the symptom (as well as an offer for a solution). Heck with it... I'll do mine correctly and everyone else can continue to pretend it isn't there.

@nwg: I'll email you a solution
If you could post a link to a program to fix this that would be great help. I have Not noticed this issue with my PS3 on any AVC-HD's that I have mastered (could be the PS3 handles it better).

Last edited by jamos; 28th October 2008 at 03:16.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 01:38   #2179  |  Link
rica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'll do mine correctly and everyone else can continue to pretend it isn't there.
Why do i pretend as if there is not if i've seen any issue?
I don't use PS3/or any SA but just HTPC; this might be the reason why i haven't met your issue.
But your new program would be expected with appreciation.
Feature request in advance btw:
no thd issues,
no pcm issues,
no cutting/splitting and merging issues please.

Last edited by rica; 28th October 2008 at 03:24.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 02:30   #2180  |  Link
asarian
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed (this is a long thread), so I thought I'd bring it up. TSMUXER seems to have a small bug that causes fast-forward, rewind, and seeking issues when creating Blu-ray output.

It appears as though the COARSE/FINE table relationship in the .CLPI file isn't being structured properly. The program correctly creates a new COARSE entry with the PTS rolls over (the LSBs contained in the FINE table get to a point where they will require an increment in the COARSE table). But it appears it doesn't do so (at least not always) when the same thing happens to the COARSE/FINE SPN. As a result, you have combined SPN pointers that suddenly drop to very small values (at least until the next COARSE reference)...

Just thought I'd mention it in case someone is keeping the package up-to-date. If not, I guess I can write a simple program to read/rewrite the CLPI (I'd rather see it fixed in the program, though). I just did one by hand and it fixed the problems -- now rewind/fast-forward works correctly and I no longer get "pauses" when I jump between chapters.
Does this mean you're working on BDRebuilder? :) *hope*
__________________
Gorgeous, delicious, deculture!
asarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tsmuxer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.