Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 6th August 2008, 11:08   #1  |  Link
gizzin

another menu page with FAVC?

Is it possible to let FAVC do the encoding and then add menus with another piece of software? I need to have 2 pages for the menu...

Is AVSTODVD lowest bitrate only 2500? and cant go any lower with that if you use HC?
gizzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 13:01   #2  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzin View Post
Is AVSTODVD lowest bitrate only 2500? and cant go any lower with that if you use HC?
Yes, lowest average bitrate is set to 2500, to avoid pixelation during encoding. Minimum bitrate can go virtually to 0, according to HCenc.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 20:47   #3  |  Link
gizzin

MrC no builtin bitrate calculator? What about leaving the bitrate option open up to people? Doesn't make much sense not too. How is one person suppose to get to that 4.37 filesize!! heh. Any idea when you a implementing a menu system?
Old 6th August 2008, 21:28   #4  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
MrC no builtin bitrate calculator? What about leaving the bitrate option open up to people? Doesn't make much sense not too. How is one person suppose to get to that 4.37 filesize!! heh. Any idea when you a implementing a menu system?
Well, with 2500 kbps you can put more than 3.5 hours on a single layer DVD... btw it is a good suggestion to improve AVStoDVD flexibility.

About menu, if you love risk, download latest alpha (see homepage link in my signature) and you will be pleased

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 6th August 2008, 23:52   #5  |  Link
gizzin

I like the menu creation its really what I wanted in all in one encoder. Except that its only in widescreen (what about fullscreen ), maybe you could also include a generic black background. You should make the advanced settings more universal, instead of having to have to edit them for each video. Is there anyway I could change the bitrate to lower than 2500 so I can include more video, HC does exceptionally well at lower bitrates. Also the dc precision should probably be 9, not 8... Otherwise Mr.C very good job I like the app. One last thing can I replace muxman with the latest version?

I'd be also happy to beta test it throughly, Im already running one right now!

Last edited by gizzin; 6th August 2008 at 23:54.
Old 7th August 2008, 07:59   #6  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
I like the menu creation its really what I wanted in all in one encoder. Except that its only in widescreen (what about fullscreen ), maybe you could also include a generic black background. You should make the advanced settings more universal, instead of having to have to edit them for each video. Is there anyway I could change the bitrate to lower than 2500 so I can include more video, HC does exceptionally well at lower bitrates. Also the dc precision should probably be 9, not 8... Otherwise Mr.C very good job I like the app. One last thing can I replace muxman with the latest version?

I'd be also happy to beta test it throughly, Im already running one right now!
Let's move to AVStoDVD thread. We will be more on topic.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum