Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 3rd August 2008, 18:55   #3581  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
I tried with mkvmerge this morning so as to overcome those sub things.
Used mkvmerge but even it seems accepting srt, it refused to import srt. So i don't understand what kind of problem i'm living?

EDIT: OK i've found the problem; it comes from edited srt's. Unedited srt creates no problem.
Nice. Just a recomendation. As I previously stated in this very thread the internal MKV splitter ignores the default flags that you can configure when muxing with mkvmerge. Haali Splitter works perfect. This is very useful because you can have your Blu-ray into a single file, with multiple audios and subs, then you choose what tracks you want to play by default. Example:

Audio 1: Default flag set to 'no'.
Audio 2: Default flag set to 'yes'.
Audio 3: Default flag set to 'no'.
Sub 1: Default flag set to 'no'.
Sub 2: Default flag set to 'no'.
Sub 3: Default flag set to 'no'.

When you open the file it will play with audio 2 and no subs, then if you want audio 3 and subs 1 or whatever just change it while playing. Also you can name your tracks as you want:

You can donwload the sample of you want here: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=3549

Matroska >>> (M2)TS

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 3rd August 2008 at 18:57.
Old 3rd August 2008, 19:58   #3582  |  Link
rica

Thx for the recomendation; normally i use haali

BTW i've made some more trials, now i'm exactly sure that TSMuxer is reconverting srt back to PGS.

EDIT: I've also corrected edited srt and now it's working with mkvmerge.

Last edited by rica; 3rd August 2008 at 20:44.
Old 4th August 2008, 00:09   #3583  |  Link
rica

OK,
the conclusion i came:

1)Muxed video+audio+subtitle(srt) into mkv container via mkvmerge works on DXVA mode under MPC-HC using Cyberlink, Arcsoft and MPC decoders.(mkvmerge leaves srt as is; this is why we can watch subtitles)
(we can not give it a go with the same mkv files on PowerDVD or TMT since those aplications can't open mkv files directly)

2)Muxed video+audio files via TSMuxer into ts/m2ts containers work in DXVA mode under MPC-HC using the same decoders if subtitle has the same pre-name with created ts/m2ts and if it is under the same folder with it.

3)Muxed video+audio+subtitle(srt) into ts/m2ts by TSMuxer works on MPC-HC but this time subtitle is not visible since TSMuxer re-converts srt back to PGS which MPC-HC never recognizes.

4)Finally the success of MPC-HC doesn't belong to MPC decoder's itself but the renderer it uses: EVR Custom Presenter.(for Vista)
Since working mkv or ts/m2ts packages never response to basic EVR but to EVR Custom while using all our decoders including MPC decoder.(in visible subtitles manner)

Right?

Last edited by rica; 4th August 2008 at 01:30.
Old 4th August 2008, 02:33   #3584  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica View Post
OK,
the conclusion i came:

1)Muxed video+audio+subtitle(srt) into mkv container via mkvmerge works on DXVA mode under MPC-HC using Cyberlink, Arcsoft and MPC decoders.(mkvmerge leaves srt as is; this is why we can watch subtitles)
(we can not give it a go with the same mkv files on PowerDVD or TMT since those aplications can't open mkv files directly)

2)Muxed video+audio files via TSMuxer into ts/m2ts containers work in DXVA mode under MPC-HC using the same decoders if subtitle has the same pre-name with created ts/m2ts and if it is under the same folder with it.

3)Muxed video+audio+subtitle(srt) into ts/m2ts by TSMuxer works on MPC-HC but this time subtitle is not visible since TSMuxer re-converts srt back to PGS which MPC-HC never recognizes.

4)Finally the success of MPC-HC doesn't belong to MPC decoder's itself but the renderer it uses: EVR Custom Presenter.(for Vista)
Since working mkv or ts/m2ts packages never response to basic EVR but to EVR Custom while using all our decoders including MPC decoder.(in visible subtitles manner)

Right?
1) Yep. Too bad PDVD can't open a container that will be one of the most important ones in the short future.

2) Yes, this same method works with whatever format/container, as MPC is loading the subs from the file folder and not from the container of choice itself. But you end with two or more files, bad. That's where Matroska rules. And IMO text-based subs are better, as you can choose the font, size, colors, styles... everything and scale it to every resolution.

3) It seems reasonable, as the TS container has never had support for SRT and other text-based subtitles AFAIK. Thanks for the confirmation.

4) Yeah, the true advantage of EVR custom over plain EVR in MPC is that the subtitles are directly connected to it, not needing VSFilter of ffdshow in the graph so we can use the intenal DXVA filter, PDVD, Arcsoft or whatever with them. I think the internal one is miles better, but that's a personal opinion. Kudos to the developers

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 4th August 2008 at 02:40.
Old 4th August 2008, 09:28   #3585  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
The correct formula for culculating DXVA compatibibility =

Code:
IF Width="<=720" AND height="<=576" GOTO="SD"
ELSE GOTO="HD"

SD
IF Width X Height X ref frames = <=6531840 Enable DXVA
Else Enable software mode

HD
IF Width X Height X ref frames = <=8355840 Enable DXVA
Would one of the programmers translate this to usable code and update the SVN?

This code accurate blocks all non-compatible files while still allowing all compatible files regardless of them being level 3.1 or level 4.1
If a file that stays within ref-frame limit still does not work after this it has either been encoded incorrectly(possible bug in encoder) or there is a bug in MPC-HC decoder or there is a bug in the videocard driver
I made a mistake in my calculation of SD videos, below is the corrected formula:

Code:
ELSE GOTO="HD"

SD
IF Width X Height X ref frames = <=4608000 Enable DXVA

HD
As you can see the maxDBP should be a lot lower (it now accidentaly allowed up to 16 ref frames for full resolution videos)
Old 4th August 2008, 10:15   #3586  |  Link
marc99

What's with 864x480? It's SD not HD. With WinXP + DXVA everything above 11 reference frames plays incorrect. Actual DPB and max 11 reference frames is accurate on all system and hardware setup.

p.s. With Cyberlink decoder (+DXVA) everything with more than 11 reference frames play incorrect on all operating system.

Last edited by marc99; 4th August 2008 at 10:18.
Old 4th August 2008, 10:37   #3587  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc99 View Post
What's with 864x480? It's SD not HD. With WinXP + DXVA everything above 11 reference frames plays incorrect. Actual DPB and max 11 reference frames is accurate on all system and hardware setup.

p.s. With Cyberlink decoder (+DXVA) everything with more than 11 reference frames play incorrect on all operating system.
SD has max resolution of 720*576, level3.1 is flexible enough to handle 864*480, but that doesn't meant that level 3.0 devices will play the file correctly.

The fact that you cannot play back anything with more than 11 reference frames is because the Nvidia DXVA decoder is broken, you can join the cause and report this bug to Nvidia so they can fix their drivers. 16 ref frames works perfectly fine on ATI and standalones.

PSWhat resolution are those 16 ref frame files that do not work for you?

This code should work around the Nivida driver problems untill nvidia fixes them:

Code:
If videocard vendor="Nvidia" GOTO="NVIDIA"
ELSE GOTO="DXVA"

DXVA
{
ELSE GOTO="HD"

SD

HD
}

NVIDIA
{

CHECK_HD_SD
  {
     ELSE GOTO="HD"
  }

SD
  {
     IF "Ref frames" <=11 Goto="CHECKSD"
     ELSE GOTO="SOFTWARE MODE"
  }

CHECKSD
  {
  }

HD
  {
     IF "Ref frames" <=11 Goto="CHECKHD"
  }

CHECKHD
  {
  }

SOFTWARE MODE
  {
     Enable software mode
  }
}

Last edited by tetsuo55; 4th August 2008 at 10:57.
Old 4th August 2008, 12:00   #3588  |  Link
marc99

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
ATI HD4870 (3870 is the same BTW), Vista64, Cats8.7

You can find problematic samples here: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=2327

Samples 1 & 4 fixed with the 11+ ref frames fix for Vista.

Sample 3 has 16 refs, in rev586 the player detects this and changes to software mode playing the video perfectly. In newer revs the 11+ ref frames limit is removed, so MPC tries to use DXVA with the file. The card is not compatible with 16 refs, so the video freezes after a second or so. There are lots of anime encoded with 16 ref frames, all of those files fail. The solution is simple: rev586 is perfect.

Samples 2, 5 & 6 don't play fine in any revision.
Quote:
SD has max resolution of 720*576, level3.1 is flexible enough to handle 864*480, but that doesn't meant that level 3.0 devices will play the file correctly.

The fact that you cannot play back anything with more than 11 reference frames is because the Nvidia DXVA decoder is broken, you can join the cause and report this bug to Nvidia so they can fix their drivers. 16 ref frames works perfectly fine on ATI and standalones.

PSWhat resolution are those 16 ref frame files that do not work for you?
@tetsuo55: ATI has the same problem (and more). NVidia has problem only with sample 3 (848x480 16 ref frames).
Old 4th August 2008, 12:50   #3589  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
16 ref frames works perfectly fine on ATI and standalones.
Nope. And I believe it is not a fault in the drivers, but a limited support in the hardware part. Thus they can only add level 5.1 support through UVD 3.0 or Purevideo 4 IMO.

Quote:
@tetsuo55: ATI has the same problem (and more). NVidia has problem only with sample 3 (848x480 16 ref frames).
Yeah that's only the ones I have. Sample 3 is fixed for Nv users too with the 11+ ref limitation right?
Old 4th August 2008, 13:27   #3590  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@rica
@STaRGaZeR
There's seem to be some confusion regarding the subtitles and DXVA...
EVR does not have support for hardware rendered subtitles, i.e., from the internal mpc subtitle renderer.
Casimir changed EVR so it could support HW subtitles (and some customization) but initially that renderer (EVR Custom Presenter) did not have DXVA support.

Now to remove any doubt, MPC HC renders the subtitles in hardware after all video decoding and post-processing are done, over the video frame so it will not break DXVA support.

[EDIT]@All
MPC HC triggers "Execute Disable" when trying to playback a file with rev714 or rev715 from xvidvideo.ru, latest stable version is rev710.[/EDIT]

Last edited by Kado; 4th August 2008 at 13:35.
Old 4th August 2008, 14:41   #3591  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado View Post
@rica
@STaRGaZeR
There's seem to be some confusion regarding the subtitles and DXVA...
EVR does not have support for hardware rendered subtitles, i.e., from the internal mpc subtitle renderer.
Casimir changed EVR so it could support HW subtitles (and some customization) but initially that renderer (EVR Custom Presenter) did not have DXVA support.

Now to remove any doubt, MPC HC renders the subtitles in hardware after all video decoding and post-processing are done, over the video frame so it will not break DXVA support
And who's saying the opposite? There is no confusion, at least for my part. Sorry if my comments look like that.
Old 4th August 2008, 15:06   #3592  |  Link
marc99

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
(...)Sample 3 is fixed for Nv users too with the 11+ ref limitation right?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado View Post
[EDIT]@All
MPC HC triggers "Execute Disable" when trying to playback a file with rev714 or rev715 from xvidvideo.ru, latest stable version is rev710.[/EDIT]
rev715 32bit "Execute Disable" when trying to playback, rev715 64bit works fine.
Old 4th August 2008, 15:47   #3593  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
So assuming there are no encoding-errors

Sample 3, 848x480, 16 ref does not work
Sample 1. 848x480, 11 ref does work

Its obvious then that the this video is being decoded at LEVEL3.1 , 16 refs at this resolution is way out of L3.1 spec but within 4.1.

This also means that the Level3.1 -> Level4.1 border is not defined at 720*576, any combination of resolutions that do not cross 1280*720 can be valid as long as you keep lowering the number of ref frames.

The easiest way to test this is by creating 2 samples with the following specifications:
1264*704 with 5 ref frames, this file should work
1264*704 with 6 ref frames, this file should NOT work.

We know that 1280*720 triggers the step to level4.1 because files with 9 ref frames work.

Bassed on the results from the above test we will keep narrowing down the limits

-------------

We need to find the actual border between L3.1 and L4.1, and when we do confirm this on standalone units like x360 and bluray players
Old 4th August 2008, 17:52   #3594  |  Link
rica

STaRGaZeR,
thanks for the confirmation!

Kado,
as stargazer says; no confusion.

Last edited by rica; 4th August 2008 at 22:21.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:19   #3595  |  Link
shaolin95

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexins View Post
Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86), svn 710
Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x64), svn 710

Changes log

Supported languages: CN, CZ, DE, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SK, TR, UA
Links are not working for me... help.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:42   #3596  |  Link
thrawnrulz68

I just installed revision 715 and now local .wmv files crash the player every time if the internal wmv1/2/3 decoder is enabled. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 4th August 2008, 18:56   #3597  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawnrulz68 View Post
I just installed revision 715 and now local .wmv files crash the player every time if the internal wmv1/2/3 decoder is enabled. Anyone else experiencing this?
yes, me too
rev 715 x86
Old 4th August 2008, 19:00   #3598  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
xvidvideo.ru is down

I uploaded some builds to rapidshare:
rev 710 x86
rev 715 x86

I don't have the x64 builds though...

Last edited by sneaker_ger; 4th August 2008 at 19:03.
Old 4th August 2008, 20:08   #3599  |  Link
clsid

rev716 x86
Old 4th August 2008, 20:54   #3600  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
I do the update of server, from time to time it will be inaccessible.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc