Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 18th June 2008, 13:13   #1101  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 24

* Fixed a bug that caused DGAVCIndex to miss frames in the bitstream when indexing. This could cause DGAVCDecode to omit frames.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec.html
Old 18th June 2008, 14:48   #1102  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDragon View Post
I'm having issues with another movie now... for one thing the # of frames is too short and thus the length doesn't match up with DirectShowSource or the PS3.

Here's a chunk, I'm not sure how much this will help since it doesn't seem to have the same shorter length issue. Here the # of frames appears the same in DGAVCIndex and DirectShowSource but less with AVCSource. The full movie has seeking issues with AVCSource, and so does this clip. "Go to" frame 67 and it's different than if you seek to it from 0. "Go to" frame 100 = Visual C++ runtime error.
With the linked sample, I get 8 frames with a preview in DGAVCIndex a24 and 8 frames with AVCDecode(). So no problem found. Can't you give me the larger stream with a couple hundred frames so that I can duplicate your issue with Go To 100?
Old 18th June 2008, 23:39   #1103  |  Link
lexor

Does AVCSource have anything akin to DDS' convertfps=true feature? If not, are there any plans to add it or should I just stick to DSS for that?

Thanks.
Old 18th June 2008, 23:54   #1104  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexor View Post
Does AVCSource have anything akin to DDS' convertfps=true feature?
No. You have VFR AVC streams?
Old 21st June 2008, 15:30   #1105  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoufleur View Post
Some things I noticed using DGAVCindex:
- Sample 1 shows Mpeg Audio available in Audio Demux, but the same PID is identified as AAC LATM/LOAS in "Detect PIDs" menu;
As discussed, the audio is LATM/LOAS but it is not stated as such in the PAT/PMT. Not a bug for DGAVCDec.

Quote:
- Sample 2 makes DGAVCIndex to crash while saving project with the complete file;
That's a DGAVCDec bug inherited from the JM reference software. It wasn't handling the case of an emulation prevention 3 byte at the end of the NALU (which has a special meaning). I have fixed it for alpha 25 to be released shortly.

Anyway, this stream has PAFF that libavcodec doesn't handle correctly.

Quote:
- Sample 2 is the only one of the three samples with 2 programs. If you click on "Set PID" Menu in DGAVCIndex, it automatically shows the Program 1 Vídeo PID with the PCR PID from Program 2.
Fixed for alpha 25.

This stream also has PAFF that libavcodec doesn't handle correctly.

Quote:
- Sample 2 shows 25fps for the Baseline information window. In MediaInfo, it states that the stream is VFR.
I don't understand, because when I load it, it says 29.97.

Quote:
- Sample 3 shows no audio for demuxing in "Audio Demux" window.
That's because there are two streams both declared as LATM/LOAS in the PAT/PMT, and I don't yet support LATM/LOAS.
Old 21st June 2008, 18:29   #1106  |  Link
ChiDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
With the linked sample, I get 8 frames with a preview in DGAVCIndex a24 and 8 frames with AVCDecode(). So no problem found. Can't you give me the larger stream with a couple hundred frames so that I can duplicate your issue with Go To 100?
That's weird, I certainly thought I linked the sample I was referring to with at least 100 frames. I don't have it anymore, hopefully a24 fixes the issues I was having but if not I'll try to make you a new sample as it happened on a few different vids.
Old 25th June 2008, 18:50   #1107  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Something I noticed today that threw me for a little momentary loop--I'd been watching the Info frame and when it Finished I looked at the video.log and the results therein were different, indeed the log was "old" also i.e. had been written-out ten minutes before the .dga.

Next I took a screenshot intending to report it here, then (of course?) when I closed the Info window the video.log updated and the info therein matched and it said Finished! too. So the log isn't updated until the Finished! Info window is closed.

I doubt anyone else will notice this but thought I'd point it out anyway... the log updates after the Info window is closed.

EDIT: Did this with Alpha 23 btw.
Old 25th June 2008, 20:46   #1108  |  Link

That will be helpful only to people that don't bother to read the users manual:

"When the Enable Info Log option is checked and the Information Panel is closed, either manually or automatically by DGAVCIndex, a log file is created that contains the information displayed in the Information Panel at the time of closure."

Old 25th June 2008, 23:06   #1109  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
That will be helpful only to people that don't bother to read the users manual...
Oops you're right of course, there it is! Man I've just never seen product documentation as thorough as yours! Does whatever company you work for appreciate just how good you are?

I'm usually pretty good myself at rtfm (especially yours, rtfm means "fabulous") but would never have expected anything tiny like this to be covered! Off now to read it again...
Old 26th June 2008, 05:04   #1110  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 25

1. Fixed a bug that caused LPCM audio demuxing to sometimes fail when more than one LPCM track was present.

2. The PCRPID is now initialized correctly.

3. Fixed a bug that caused DGAVCIndex to crash for some streams.

Old 27th June 2008, 18:11   #1111  |  Link
Gannjunior

Quote:
I have a fix for this and will post it this evening. Thank you for pointing this out. My code for detecting a new picture was missing a clause.
Are you thanking me?? I thank you always for your great work!

When i arrive tonight at home i will try your fix! ;-)

ciao!
P6T| 12Gb DDR3| i7-920 D0@3.8Ghz@1.168v+NOCTUA NH-U12P| Liberty 620| Stacker|2xRAID0 (4x500gb) Seag.72k.11| Seag. 500gb 72k.12| Seag. 1.5Tb 72k.11| GTX470@668/1843| U2410 24"| Se7en x64 on VRapt 300gb
Old 29th June 2008, 19:21   #1112  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 26

* Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a crash after saving project and then loading a new source file.

* Added detection of audio delay and writing it into the filename of the demuxed audio file.

Regarding the second point, be aware that due to the long GOPs often encountered with AVC streams, you may encounter audio delays that are larger than you are used to with DGMPGDec. I've tested it a bit but your feedback on this will be useful.

Old 29th June 2008, 19:38   #1113  |  Link
canTsTop

thank you neuron2 for this update, audio delay detection was one of few futures i wanted to see most in DGAVCDec

maybe in next update you can add AVS Template support for audio delay

Old 30th June 2008, 20:41   #1114  |  Link
lexor

Great job as always neuron. I've got a question though, how is Bitrate(Max) calculated? I see Bitrate(Avg) fluctuate between ~1.9 and ~2.2 yet Bitrate(Max) is 19.6. The minimum bitrate must be very low for very long time to keep average so low compared to max. Also does that Bitrate(Max) value take into account the audio track? The total max bitrate is a useful information to have if one uses tsMuxer to create a cbr stream.

And another thing, this is more of a request than a question. When you want to open the file, the "Open" dialog defaults to "All AVC Files", I assume that means both the 264/h264 and all the ts variants. If that is correct, is it possible to add .vob extension to the list of ts variants. I have to rename my m2ts file to vob so my media player can stream it to my PS3, your tool still works great, it's just annoying to have to change the drop down list to "All Files" all the time.

Thank you.

Last edited by lexor; 30th June 2008 at 20:45.
Old 30th June 2008, 21:47   #1115  |  Link

Every 30 coded frames this occurs:

1. Adjust number of coded frames to the number of displayed frames by adding as needed for frame or field repeats seen during that time.

2. Calculate the time for those as (displayed frames / frame rate).

3. Calculate the video data rate as:

rate = bytes_delivered * 8.0 / time / 1024000.0;

4. Print the highest rate seen since start of decoding as the max bitrate.

I'm not too keen on adding VOB as a file type because it is not an AVC container. It would be more appropriate to ask your media player author to support the m2ts extension.
Old 2nd July 2008, 15:05   #1116  |  Link
dererik

Hello neuron2

DGAVCIndex.exe does not work with the following file:

http://erik.m13s10.vlinux.de/temp/00006.MTS

but it works with that one:

http://erik.m13s10.vlinux.de/temp/00014.MTS

same camera, Canon HG10

We have had some discussion here:

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic3463...68d762#1862737

Maybe you have an idea
thanks in advance
erik
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:24   #1117  |  Link

I don't see any relevant discussion at the link you provided.

What exactly do you mean by "does not work"?
Old 2nd July 2008, 18:20   #1118  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Nothing happens when you import that file in DGAVCDec. I remuxed that file in TSRemux (ts and m2ts) and still nothing.
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:59   #1119  |  Link
dererik

Sorry, I was not very precious:

I tried soopafresh Mini Guide - AVCHD to Anything Using DGAVCdec

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic346331.html

I tried various versions, but I got these error messages: ACVSource: No GOPs found (no IDRs or recovery points). *.avs, line 4.

That occured only with big files (> 50 MB) what we found: The problematic MTS file is missing IDR keyframes, so DGavcIndex and Libavcodec can't index it properly. Converting does work with Vegas or TMPGenc.

soopafresh told me, that you are going to request a file for further testing.

I thought, these files migth be of interest for you.
erik
Old 2nd July 2008, 22:43   #1120  |  Link

I see no IDR and no recovery point in the file. According to the AVC spec, I don't see how decoding can be achieved. What do you suggest?

I could pretend that I saw an IDR at the start of the file, but it's a pretty horrible kludge and I'm not sure it would even work.
Closed Thread