Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th February 2008, 01:48   #1021  |  Link
Ranguvar
Registered User
 
Ranguvar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ::1
Posts: 1,236
Never mind... it feels like working today
Ranguvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 03:16   #1022  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmango View Post
This is caused by the removal of the balck borders prior to re-encoding the movie.

You need to put the movie back to a standard resolution, and add the black borders to keep the aspect ratio. You can do this with avisynth.

I. ex: your file is 1280x588, you need to set it back to 1280x720:

aviSource("C:\yourfile.avi", audio=true)
Lanczos4Resize(1280,720).addborders(0,66,0,66)

Save this script with a .avs extention and use it as source in your encoding app (yes you need to encode the file again).

how would this work with mkv sources use directshow?

also dont you mean
aviSource("C:\yourfile.avi", audio=true)
Lanczos4Resize(1280,588).addborders(0,66,0,66)

because 588+66+66=720

Last edited by jamos; 6th February 2008 at 03:31.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 20:34   #1023  |  Link
Hunstad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6
Don't resize, only AddBorders(0,66,0,66)
Hunstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 02:05   #1024  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunstad View Post
Don't resize, only AddBorders(0,66,0,66)
I had to resize also myself because my original was 1080p cropped.

sure wish some of these programs like megui could read the mkv and set the settings exactly like they were when original mkv was created (ie lose no quality and not gain space). If i use lossless the video gets ridiculausly big like 60 gig. I am using the HD Fast profile and it seems to work good but my size is still bigger than the mkv at 1080p was.

Last edited by jamos; 7th February 2008 at 02:09.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 10:44   #1025  |  Link
DVFreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
i have the Problem about an Rebuild Evo from HDDVD (Rebuild Evos with Evodemux).

The Rebuilded Evo where 2 Evos merged with evodemux i have load in Tsremux to Build an m2ts Stream Tsremux give me an Error at the Half with "Buffer Overflow" and "Sync Error"

I Think this is an Problem while 2 Evos merged in one, and at the Point or Break where the 2 Evos merged TsRemux find other Infos in the Evo Stream.

I Hope the Author understand me
DVFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 14:50   #1026  |  Link
tulkar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2
2 audio streams and subs with tsremux, hex info here

Well , I have get working tsremuxed streams with 2 audios and 2 subs, more details about how to modify hex mlps here:
An example

If you take a look to the shaped bytes in colors, every long shape is a stream
Use this table to better understanding



With a sample structure like that, you can always change the video type from VC1 to Avc or mpeg2 , also audio type (AC3, DTS) , and language,use your imagination, remember also to pair the cliplist file.
tulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 15:08   #1027  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulkar View Post
Well , I have get working tsremuxed streams with 2 audios and 2 subs, more details about how to modify hex mlps here:
An example

If you take a look to the shaped bytes in colors, every long shape is a stream
Use this table to better understanding



With a sample structure like that, you can always change the video type from VC1 to Avc or mpeg2 , also audio type (AC3, DTS) , and language,use your imagination, remember also to pair the cliplist file.
Great Info Tulkar hopefully they will add this to TSRemux so we can have multiple audio and subtitles and correct stream header info.

so if I am reading your example correctly the video would be VC1 1080p 23.976fps
audio: DTS spanish and second audio DTS english.
A spanish and A english subtitle.

yes please post about the mlps file too.

Last edited by jamos; 8th February 2008 at 15:24.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 15:35   #1028  |  Link
tulkar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2
Audios are Ac3 both of them, code 81 look in the table , 05 81 , the 05 is the lenght in bytes of the stream information, so;

05 81 61 73 70 71
5bytes Ac3 fps and frecuency char(s) char(p) char(a)

So is an Ac3 tagged like spanish

Last edited by tulkar; 8th February 2008 at 15:43.
tulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 20:42   #1029  |  Link
dmz01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 213
New version 0.20:
  • Fixed EVO/VOB/MPG file handling
  • Fixed MPLS generation from above (big thanks to all contributors)
  • Added DTS HD to DTS in blu-ray streams

To Do: language selection for subtitles/audio streams as opposed to setting them all to english.

As usual for any issues, especially crashes a small sample is very much appreciated.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 22:50   #1030  |  Link
dirkr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 31
Let me be the first to say:

THANK YOU! for hearing the wishes of us all.
dirkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 23:05   #1031  |  Link
maya
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
New version 0.20:
  • Fixed EVO/VOB/MPG file handling
  • Fixed MPLS generation from above (big thanks to all contributors)
  • Added DTS HD to DTS in blu-ray streams

To Do: language selection for subtitles/audio streams as opposed to setting them all to english.

As usual for any issues, especially crashes a small sample is very much appreciated.
Just wanted to say thanks as well.
maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 01:32   #1032  |  Link
The1n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 74
Thank you for a great program dmz01.
The1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 07:34   #1033  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulkar View Post
Audios are Ac3 both of them, code 81 look in the table , 05 81 , the 05 is the lenght in bytes of the stream information, so;

05 81 61 73 70 71
5bytes Ac3 fps and frecuency char(s) char(p) char(a)

So is an Ac3 tagged like spanish
you are correct I got the wrong column.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 07:37   #1034  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
New version 0.20:
  • Fixed EVO/VOB/MPG file handling
  • Fixed MPLS generation from above (big thanks to all contributors)
  • Added DTS HD to DTS in blu-ray streams

To Do: language selection for subtitles/audio streams as opposed to setting them all to english.

As usual for any issues, especially crashes a small sample is very much appreciated.
nice DMZ is there any current way to load raw h264 streams and audio streams? I would love just to use this program from extracted mkvs. currently i have to use tsmuxer to remux them into a m2ts file. tsmuxer has some bugs currently.

thanks!
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 14:48   #1035  |  Link
yaksplat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2
What is the process of going from evo files to an mpeg-2?

I used the new version of HD-dvd decrypter to rip the evo files. Then i used HD-DVD EVO demux to join the evo files with the streams that I wanted. Then I used TSremux to mux it into a TS.

I then tried using videoredo to convert the ts into an mpg but it said that there was no mpeg2 stream available.

Sorry I'm new to this.

Thanks
yaksplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 15:40   #1036  |  Link
arrgh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 77
@dmz01
really great !! Thanks
arrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 15:55   #1037  |  Link
theblind
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15
Hi !

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
What is the process of going from evo files to an mpeg-2?

I used the new version of HD-dvd decrypter to rip the evo files. Then i used HD-DVD EVO demux to join the evo files with the streams that I wanted. Then I used TSremux to mux it into a TS.

I then tried using videoredo to convert the ts into an mpg but it said that there was no mpeg2 stream available.

Sorry I'm new to this.

Thanks
I didn't know any HD-DVD with mpeg2hd videostream. The most of the HD-DVD have VC-1, some mpeg4 avc...


Cu.
theblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 16:03   #1038  |  Link
yaksplat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblind View Post
I didn't know any HD-DVD with mpeg2hd videostream. The most of the HD-DVD have VC-1, some mpeg4 avc...
Like I said, I'm new at this. I'm trying to end up with a DVR-MS file for media center streaming to an extender, which I typically rip a dvd -> vob -> ->mpg -> dvr-ms.

Any recommendations?

Jim
yaksplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 18:12   #1039  |  Link
dmz01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
nice DMZ is there any current way to load raw h264 streams and audio streams? I would love just to use this program from extracted mkvs. currently i have to use tsmuxer to remux them into a m2ts file. tsmuxer has some bugs currently.

thanks!
Muxing is a lot harder than remuxing. In muxing, you have to generate all the appropriate timestamps so that video plays at the correct rate, doesn't slow down, doesn't speed up, stays in sync with audio and the packets are intertwined correctly so that none of the buffers overflow. In remuxing, I have a very easy job, I don't have to worry about all this, since the timestamps are already there and the packets are in correct intertwined order. I applaud Roman for writing a true muxer (which is what you need for what you want to do. ) Give him some time. He has my source code. He'll get there.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 23:53   #1040  |  Link
dirkr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblind View Post
Hi !



I didn't know any HD-DVD with mpeg2hd videostream. The most of the HD-DVD have VC-1, some mpeg4 avc...


Cu.
Resident Evil HD-DVD (EUR) is a mpeg2-stream. Wondered by myself for 7 weeks....
dirkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.