Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 29th October 2007, 11:15   #101  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Some plugins (GetSystemEnv is another one, but it doesn't crash) just don't seem to mix well with the way avsp looks up their arguments. Probably compiled against older headers.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 14:16   #102  |  Link
Henrikx

Update----
Henrikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 21:54   #103  |  Link
krisq

I don't get it. I can't turn off 'auto-generate' for any filter. The checkbox unchecks, but after restart it's back on. Am I missing something?

Last edited by krisq; 29th October 2007 at 22:08.
krisq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 00:34   #104  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisq View Post
I don't get it. I can't turn off 'auto-generate' for any filter. The checkbox unchecks, but after restart it's back on. Am I missing something?
Urgh, you're right, I'll try and get a bugfix up by tomorrow. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terka View Post
when loading v2.0.2, got this message, in version 1.0.4 cant copy/move code into clipboard.
could someone help?
[Mon Oct 29 10:18:15 2007]
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character R
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character G
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character B
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character L
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character U
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character T
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character R
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character G
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character B
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character L
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character U
Error parsing LoadPluginEx2_LoadPlugin plugin parameters: unknown character T
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "run.py", line 6, in <module>
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 11376, in main
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7700, in __init__
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7352, in _BootstrapApp
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 11366, in OnInit
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 3373, in __init__
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 3931, in defineFilterInfo
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 4218, in getFilterInfoFromAvisynth
File "avisynth.pyo", line 95, in Release
WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x029D58C0
I'll try and do something about this as well, no guarantees though, since it might be difficult to approach.
qwerpoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 08:53   #105  |  Link
Terka

thank you!
Terka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 13:17   #106  |  Link
McCauley

Thanks for this useful tool, i can't imagine using avisynth without it!
May i make a suggestion?

When zooming in, the whole filterchain is processed again with a pointresize at the end (that's correct, isn't it?). That is very annoying when using heavy filterchains that take minutes to render.
Would it be possible to just use the last output with pointresize, so the zoom call in AVSP would take only a few seconds?
Don't know how this could work, maybe AVSP needs an own cache for the frames to pointresize them, so the whole filterchain can be avoided?!

Another useful function would be if AVSP would add LoadPlugin() instead of Directshowsource() when dropping .dll from the plugin directory files in it's window.

Regards
McCauley

Last edited by McCauley; 30th October 2007 at 13:31.
McCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 14:25   #107  |  Link
krisq

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCauley View Post
Another useful function would be if AVSP would add LoadPlugin() instead of Directshowsource() when dropping .dll from the plugin directory files in it's window.
You can already do that. Check 'Options/Extension templates'...
Old 30th October 2007, 17:53   #108  |  Link
qwerpoi

Still working on fixing some bugs, but for now here's a new bugfix to fix the issue with presets krisq brought up:

http://avisynth.org/qwerpoi/AvsP_v2.0.2_bugfix3.zip

To apply the bugfix, simply copy the file AvsP.pyo from the zip file into your directory containing AvsP.exe (replace any older bugfix files). Presets should now work properly. Without this bugfix AvsP v2.0.2 may have deleted some of your presets, this is all related to me trying to change the database structure to be more consistent . Again, I apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCauley View Post
Would it be possible to just use the last output with pointresize, so the zoom call in AVSP would take only a few seconds?
Don't know how this could work, maybe AVSP needs an own cache for the frames to pointresize them, so the whole filterchain can be avoided?!
This is a good point, it should be quite doable (only for the doubling/halving zooms, of course). I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by qwerpoi; 31st October 2007 at 00:13.
Old 30th October 2007, 19:08   #109  |  Link
krisq

Checkbox is fine after bugfix, thanks .
But still, I'm afraid there is something I don't fully understand.
Short functions names are based on long names, right?
So DGIndex_MPEG2Source equals MPEG2Source, am I correct?
Than why after I turn off auto-generate and enter my own definition for DGIndex_MPEG2Source, MPEG2Source still have default generated values?
Old 31st October 2007, 00:12   #110  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Checkbox is fine after bugfix, thanks .
But still, I'm afraid there is something I don't fully understand.
Short functions names are based on long names, right?
So DGIndex_MPEG2Source equals MPEG2Source, am I correct?
Than why after I turn off auto-generate and enter my own definition for DGIndex_MPEG2Source, MPEG2Source still have default generated values?
F&#%# , it's frustrating to not have the time to provide appropriate quality assurance with these releases. Here's (yet another) bugfix, this should fix the issue pointed out above.

http://avisynth.org/qwerpoi/AvsP_v2.0.2_bugfix3.zip

To apply the bugfix, simply copy the file AvsP.pyo from the zip file into your directory containing AvsP.exe (replace any older bugfix files). Now presets for plugins should work properly as well. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience, I really appreciate the helpful feedback, so feel free to let me know if there are still issues on this matter.
Old 31st October 2007, 00:58   #111  |  Link
rfmmars

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerpoi View Post
Again, my apologies for the inconvenience, I really appreciate the helpful feedback, so feel free to let me know if there are still issues on this matter.
We are just happy your here!

Richard
photorecall.net
rfmmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 09:07   #112  |  Link
krisq

Quote:
Again, my apologies for the inconvenience, I really appreciate the helpful feedback, so feel free to let me know if there are still issues on this matter.
It's nothing to be sorry about. It is I who should be thanking you for one of the best tools I've ever come across.
So !

[EDIT]

I' ve just found a little annoyance (nothing crucial). I work with undocked preview window.
I like to have my script window big for better overview so preview window is often in the background with just a part of video visible. Here is the thing: when I drag the seek bar in script window, the preview window jumps to front, gets focus and hides my script under it.
I don't reckon earlier versions were doing that.

[EDIT2]

Another one
For some reason Autocomplete window for some letters is much smaller. e.g. for 'D' it's ok, whole 'DGIndex_MPEG2Source' is visible, but for 'W' it shows 'WAVS...' (WAVSource, which is shorter than 'DGIndex_MPEG2Source')

Last edited by krisq; 31st October 2007 at 09:40.
krisq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 03:09   #113  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfmmars View Post
We are just happy your here!

Richard
photorecall.net
Quote:
It's nothing to be sorry about. It is I who should be thanking you for one of the best tools I've ever come across.
So !
I've always been quick to criticize buggy software, so it's a bit frustrating to be the one releasing it . Thanks for sticking with it and being more forgiving than I am, I appreciate it.

Quote:
I' ve just found a little annoyance (nothing crucial). I work with undocked preview window.
I like to have my script window big for better overview so preview window is often in the background with just a part of video visible. Here is the thing: when I drag the seek bar in script window, the preview window jumps to front, gets focus and hides my script under it.
I don't reckon earlier versions were doing that.
I'll take a look into the issue, thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
For some reason Autocomplete window for some letters is much smaller. e.g. for 'D' it's ok, whole 'DGIndex_MPEG2Source' is visible, but for 'W' it shows 'WAVS...' (WAVSource, which is shorter than 'DGIndex_MPEG2Source')
I've noticed this myself, it's pretty annoying. I didn't write the code to display the autocomplete window, but I'll see if I can come up with some kind of workaround.
Old 8th November 2007, 20:10   #114  |  Link
Spuds
dumber every day

Thanks for the recent set of bug fixes, particularly 202, that allowed me to use my favorite editor again!

I get the following error pretty often when using the program and the video preview.

File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 5826, in OnMenuVideoRefresh
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 8947, in ShowVideoFrame
File "D:\Research\Python\AvsP\Translations\AvsP_v2.0.2\AvsP\AvsP.py", line 9489, in PaintAVIFrame
File "pyavs.pyo", line 322, in DrawFrame
File "pyavs.pyo", line 301, in _GetFrame
File "avisynth.pyo", line 277, in GetFrame
WindowsError: exception code 0xe06d7363

prior to v202 the error was similar:
File "AvsP.pyo", line 7081, in OnPaintVideoWindow
File "AvsP.pyo", line 9414, in PaintAVIFrame
File "pyavs.pyo", line 322, in DrawFrame
File "pyavs.pyo", line 301, in _GetFrame
File "avisynth.pyo", line 277, in GetFrame
WindowsError: exception code 0xe06d7363

I think I tend to get the error more when using mvtool scripts where several frames are in play, not sure I can say thats the only type of script where this error gets thrown but it maybe a clue that helps (or maybe not )
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 02:29   #115  |  Link
Alain2

Nice release as usual ^^ Fr translation updated (that was an easy one ^^)

Quote:
In AvsP v2.0.2, only EEDI2_EEDI2 will show up in the dialog, meaning you only have to define your customizations once, the scripts will automatically reflect the customizations for both long and short names. Because I made this change, those who made customizations with the short plugin names will lose those customizations - for that I apologize. There was a more serious bug related to this issue that krisq pointed out that I fixed, so again, if you have made or plan to make database customizations, be sure to apply this bugfix first.
Actually, when doing ctrl+shift+d to open the dialog on the short function name in a script, it now brings the user defined functions and treat the short name as a new function name; it should first look into the long names before creating a new one..

Concerning EEDI2 (and others) showing only once.. here is what I have.. Is it normal ?

Also personnaly I quite miss the possibility of defining manually for each function where to look for its help file ; for avsi for instance I used to point to the avsi file itself, it was a quick and easy way to open a custom avsi and modify it if required (and often for popular user scripts the description is part of the script, as a comment). Would it be possible to re-introduce a field for each function definition that if filled in would override the current automatic search behaviour ? This field does not need to be part of the import / export functions used to share the functions between users (as it is not generic but user specific, so no need to share it)

After auto-completion of a function name + parameters list, is there a shortcut to quickly jump to the undefined parameters indicated with a ? character ?

++

Last edited by Alain2; 9th November 2007 at 02:34.
Alain2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 10:11   #116  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
I think I tend to get the error more when using mvtool scripts where several frames are in play, not sure I can say thats the only type of script where this error gets thrown but it maybe a clue that helps (or maybe not )
That usually just means you ran flat out of memory. Check the process's VM Size in task manager. If this goes near 2GB, or physical+swap memory if it's less than 2GB, it won't be able to allocate room for another frame and will either throw an error or just crash, depending on whether the filter checks for that. Most don't, mvtools included, but the core filters do.

If you have smallish frames (SD or HD) lowering SetMemoryMax might help alleviate the problem. If you work with hugefreakingnormous stuff or ton of mvtools/nnedi/etc, you just get used to running half the script at a time or cutting the image into pieces and processing separately, and closing avsp or vdub very regularly to reset it.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 15:48   #117  |  Link
Spuds
dumber every day

Quote:
That usually just means you ran flat out of memory. Check the process's VM Size in task manager.
Bingo ... thanks for the tips on setmemorymax, I had it set much to high.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 21:50   #118  |  Link
SixdeeBee

I am running into a little problem with using > avs2avi < within AvsP.
While encoding it shows me the button > Stop < but when I hit the button I get an error message. To stop the encoding I have to leave AvsP but avs2avi stays in the RAM. Only with the TaskManager can avs2avi be stopped.

SixdeeBee
SixdeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 20:34   #119  |  Link
SixdeeBee

Ok, here is another question:

Got the following situation with the > slider < option in version 2.02:

Example:

AviSource("source.avi ...)

* some prefilters

# Declaration of a maximum number of used frames as parameters in a chain of plugins
maxframes=nnn

# First slider sets a start position inside a clip
start=[<"First frame",0,(maxframes-1),0>]

# Second slider sets an end position inside a clip
end=start+[<"Last frame",1,maxframes,50>]
# Plugins which need the same start and end frame number
Plugin#1(start, end, parameter list ...)
Plugin#2(start, end, parameter list ...)
Plugin#n(start, end, parameter list ...)

The problem is that I cannot substitute a numerical constant with a named variable (or constant) inside a slider. When I do so, I get an error:

> Invalid slider text: invalid number <

Writing a named variable (maxframe) to the > max. value < line in the window > Define user slider < gives me the error message > This field must contain a number <.

All this is logical but as a result I cannot use named variables/constants in a slider arrangement, only numericals are allowed.

My question is:

Did I overlook a hidden feature which allows me to use named variables/constants (like a,b,c or maxframes etc.) inside a slider-command block ?
If not, would it be a good idea to add it to the wish list for a future version ?

SixdeeBee
SixdeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 21:50   #120  |  Link
Alain2

Question:
After adding nnedi.dll to my plugins dir, it was available in avsp list of function (didn't check it was not there before thought), but one parameter was missing (dh) ; I thought it was supposed to build the parameters list automatically from the dll info.. ?
Alain2 is offline   Reply With Quote