Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th March 2002, 23:48   #1  |  Link
Grollbringer

A Question about DTS...

Hi Derrow,
some strange things appear...

I have ripped Tomb Raider via DVD Decrypter and than normally with IfoEdit 0.9.
I have chosen the DTS Audiotrack in German only with no Subtitles.
After processing and clicking on Codefree and GetVTSSector i have checked all with the dvdplay button and PowerDVD XP and all works fine.
I burned the DVD with RecordNoe Max 3.01.
I put the film in my Standalone Pioneer DV-444 and it plays fine.
So far so good

Now the problem:
I give the DVD-R to my friend.He have also the same Pioneer DV-444 and a DTS Receiver as i, but no Surround Box System.And he have no sound.The picture is fine.
We put the DVD in the PC DVD Rom and we have the same problem.Picture is fine but no sound.
Back at home i put it for a second check in my Player and it works again fine with picture and DTS sound.
Than i put it in my PC DVD Rom (a scsi device) and it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in.Also my other scsi normal cd-rom comes up with flickering lights
Finally i put it in my pioneer ide burner and it plays fine with picture and sound...

Btw...: I have burned many Movies and all run fine in my standalone player.But i have no other DTS Movie, all are DD 5.1.

So could it be, that DTS have after ripping and streaming some problems ?.
I have copied the Film after this problems through my pioneer burner back to my harddisk and from hd it plays also fine.

If you need more Informations let me know...
And sorry for my bad english.I know that you can german, but i thought, that maybe other readers have the same problem or only want to read the forum .I hope you can understand my "nice" grammatical english *G*.
Grollbringer is offline   Reply With Quote