Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th September 2007, 01:00   #721  |  Link
drmpeg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman2311 View Post
thanks, I derived the AVC stream from evodemux - would it help if evodemux automatically clears that bit while de-muxing ?
Maybe. It depends on what your particular decoder does when it encounters non-contiguous frame numbers. When gaps_in_frame_num_value_allowed_flag = 0 and there are gaps in frame numbers, the decoder thinks there's an unintentional loss of pictures. The decoder may take some recovery action, or it may not do anything at all.

Therefore, I'd have to say that setting the gaps_in_frame_num_value_allowed_flag equal to zero in all SPS headers would be a good experiment to try.

Ron
__________________
HD MPEG-2 Test Patterns http://www.w6rz.net
drmpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 01:53   #722  |  Link
hidef_rec
HDTV Home Theater Fan
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24
enjoyer, I also get AVCHD instead of BDMV when I use the latest TSRemux. I have a PS3 w/1.9 firmware. I used an MPEG2 file & the TSRemux Blu-ray output [BDMV & Certificate folders] burned to DVD-R, +R or +RW get recognized as AVCHD by the PS3. Don't have a -RW disc to try.
hidef_rec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 06:26   #723  |  Link
musicman2311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef_rec View Post
enjoyer, I also get AVCHD instead of BDMV when I use the latest TSRemux. I have a PS3 w/1.9 firmware. I used an MPEG2 file & the TSRemux Blu-ray output [BDMV & Certificate folders] burned to DVD-R, +R or +RW get recognized as AVCHD by the PS3. Don't have a -RW disc to try.
ok, i understand - i checked - ps3 indicates it found an avchd disk when i insert the recording - material however is 1080p and just run through tsremux - what is the problem if any ?
musicman2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 08:15   #724  |  Link
hollydoc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 47
Quote:
I also get AVCHD instead of BDMV when I use the latest TSRemux
This is normal, dmz1 has insert a Flag in TSRemux 018 for Nero Vision AVCHD for Bluray remux, my question is, when i remux a full movie with TSRemux 018 and burn on a BD-R/E ,what effect has it on PS3 is The result a playable BDMV or a "Big" AVCHD?
Anyone has test this?
Another Question , a Mini-Bluray (DVD9) from TSRemux018 plays fine on PS3, has anyone test it on a Standalone Bluray-Player?

Hollydoc
hollydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 14:53   #725  |  Link
musicman2311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollydoc View Post
This is normal, dmz1 has insert a Flag in TSRemux 018 for Nero Vision AVCHD for Bluray remux, my question is, when i remux a full movie with TSRemux 018 and burn on a BD-R/E ,what effect has it on PS3 is The result a playable BDMV or a "Big" AVCHD?
Anyone has test this?
Another Question , a Mini-Bluray (DVD9) from TSRemux018 plays fine on PS3, has anyone test it on a Standalone Bluray-Player?

Hollydoc
hi I also made a BD-R with Tsremux 018 same way as I made the DVD-RW, but with udf 2.5 (if that makes a difference).
that shows as Bd-r / bdm when inserted in ps3.
I will test dvd9 soon
musicman2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 15:08   #726  |  Link
hollydoc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 47
Try this with TSRemux 0.17, the only one differenz to 018 is, the Flag for AVCHD in the 018 version. AVCHD is a standard for DVD9 , i think not for Bluray, can you test please the follwing procedur:

-Remux a Bluray with TSRemux 0.17
- Burn a BD-R/E with Nero in UDF 2.5
-
I think, i is the Problen that AVCHD is not posible on BD-R but only on DVD9

Hollydoc

PS Ican`t test it , ihavn`t a Bluray burner, but i want to buy one in the next time.
hollydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 15:41   #727  |  Link
Bigmango
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollydoc View Post
AVCHD is a standard for DVD9
It works also on single layer DVD+-R/RW (DVD5).
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 16:04   #728  |  Link
hollydoc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 47
Quote:
It works also on single layer DVD+-R/RW (DVD5).
Yes, but it seems it works not on BD-R. I remember, in the version 017 a remuxt Bluray works on BD-R, the PS3 show
BDMV, bat not on DVD+R( Datadisk).dzm1 has chance anythig in the index.bdmv, now in the version 018 it wprks fine on DVD+R/W , PS3 shows AVCHD, but not on BD-R ( Datadisk.

Ithink , the Problem is the changed index.bdmv.Try to use version 017 for BD-R.

Hollydoc
hollydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 16:18   #729  |  Link
Bigmango
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollydoc View Post
Yes, but it seems it works not on BD-R. I remember, in the version 017 a remuxt Bluray works on BD-R, the PS3 show
BDMV, bat not on DVD+R( Datadisk).dzm1 has chance anythig in the index.bdmv, now in the version 018 it wprks fine on DVD+R/W , PS3 shows AVCHD, but not on BD-R ( Datadisk.

Ithink , the Problem is the changed index.bdmv.Try to use version 017 for BD-R.

Hollydoc
Oh ok.

So you mean that on DVD5 you are limited to 1080i and 2 audio formats due to avchd (supports 1080i max) but no bdvm support ?
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 16:49   #730  |  Link
Has123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 82
My understanding is AVCHD enables a BD structure be burnt on DVD 5 or 9 R or RW and other portable media. The AVCHD has the limitations in this link http://www.avchd-info.org/press/20060713.html . ( no VC1 and max is 1080i/60 and 1080p/24). I do not have a BD writer but others reported that burning the BDMV folder on a bluray disc the PS3 will recognize it as BD.
Has123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 17:32   #731  |  Link
Bugh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance79 View Post
Hi, i am trying to convert a avc/ac3 movie to bluray with tsremux for my PS3

Source is 1280x544@23.976 (meGUI encoded)

At the moment the only way to do this is by converting the h264/AC3 stream to 1280x720@25fps

Then after i fixed the movie with h264info (without changing any settings) i can load it into tsremux and create a bluray output with it without any errors.

Normal mp4 files do play on the ps3 with on 544 resolution without surround sound.
So my question is, Would it be possible to have 1280x544/720@23.976 support in tsremux?

Thx...
If u burn it as AVCHD, the video stream must be 1280720, 19201080 or 14401080 (it's written in AVCHD specification). Otherwise there will be green line (Also i have problem with video-audio synchronization)
Bugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 18:20   #732  |  Link
Creator1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Has123 View Post
My understanding is AVCHD enables a BD structure be burnt on DVD 5 or 9 R or RW and other portable media. The AVCHD has the limitations in this link http://www.avchd-info.org/press/20060713.html . ( no VC1 and max is 1080i/60 and 1080p/24). I do not have a BD writer but others reported that burning the BDMV folder on a bluray disc the PS3 will recognize it as BD.
It has been some weeks since I did my tests with TSRemux 0.18 but from what I remember, creating a Blu-Ray structure with TSRemux 0.18 and then burning that structure to a BD-RE resulted in a BDMV being detected by the PS3 and the video played perfectly. It was not recognized as an AVCHD on a BD-RE disc but as a BDMV.
Creator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 23:00   #733  |  Link
hollydoc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Has123
My understanding is AVCHD enables a BD structure be burnt on DVD 5 or 9 R or RW and other portable media. The AVCHD has the limitations in this link http://www.avchd-info.org/press/20060713.html . ( no VC1 and max is 1080i/60 and 1080p/24). I do not have a BD writer but others reported that burning the BDMV folder on a bluray disc the PS3 will recognize it as BD
I`have testet MPEG2, AVC(H264) and VC-1 from Buray (1080/24P!) ans Ac3-, HAlf-DTS- and Full-DTS-Sound. PS3 plays all fine in 24p and 5.1 from a AVCHD ( DVD5 and DVD9),
also VC-1 and DTS.On Problem is a high datarate over ~35Mbps and higher for mor as 30 sec. The sound begins to stuttering. The PS3 can not transfer so big datarates from a DVD. Very short pikes over 40Mbps aren`t a problem.

Hollydoc
hollydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 07:17   #734  |  Link
karollt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
How can I add subtitles for Transport Stream?
karollt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 09:17   #735  |  Link
hollydoc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 47
This feature isn`t workink in this time, i hope it is possible in the next versions.

Holydoc
hollydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 13:05   #736  |  Link
survivant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 237
I try Elecard Xmuxer Pro 2.5 to mux a H264 into a ts. I'm able to play it only with VLC. The PS3 won't play it either

I try to Open the .ts file into TSREmux and the .m2ts generated don't play video in VLC.
survivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 13:14   #737  |  Link
Bigmango
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivant View Post
I try Elecard Xmuxer Pro 2.5 to mux a H264 into a ts. I'm able to play it only with VLC. The PS3 won't play it either

I try to Open the .ts file into TSREmux and the .m2ts generated don't play video in VLC.
Same problem here.

Here, xmuxer 2.5 can't even mux h264+ac3. The program hangs after 10 seconds. With xmuxer 2.2 it works fine, but the files still won't play on the ps3 (I am encoding the avc with the megui ps3 profile, which is avc level 4.1). I have tried saving the files with h264info before muxing, the result is even worse as most of the time it won't even play in vlc or nero showtime after doing this. If I don't use h264info, the tsremux blu-ray directory plays fine with nero showtime (but not on the ps3).
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 17:53   #738  |  Link
Creator1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 57
Survivant, Bigmango,

What is your goal? If you just want to be able to play the H264 files in the PS3 dashboard, I would suggest you try to mux them into a .mp4 container. That might make it work on the PS3 dashboard. The sound will never be in 5.1 surround in the dashboard though. Only stereo is supported from the dashboard so far on the PS3.

You can use Xmuxer to mux in .mp4 (although sometimes it's grayed out for some reason or does a weird .mp4 that does not play right) or yamb, mp4box, etc. i think. I did not do much test of muxing in .mp4 without re-encoding. The only MP4 I did so far were re-encodes in H264/AAC stereo sound.
Creator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 18:05   #739  |  Link
Bigmango
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator1 View Post
Survivant, Bigmango,

What is your goal? If you just want to be able to play the H264 files in the PS3 dashboard, I would suggest you try to mux them into a .mp4 container. That might make it work on the PS3 dashboard. The sound will never be in 5.1 surround in the dashboard though. Only stereo is supported from the dashboard so far on the PS3.

You can use Xmuxer to mux in .mp4 (although sometimes it's grayed out for some reason or does a weird .mp4 that does not play right) or yamb, mp4box, etc. i think. I did not do much test of muxing in .mp4 without re-encoding. The only MP4 I did so far were re-encodes in H264/AAC stereo sound.
Thanks for replying.

I am using mp4 (avc+aac5.1), it works fine but the sound is downmixed to stereo.

My goal is to get 5.1 ac3 sound to play and for this I am trying to output an avchd/bd structure.
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 19:49   #740  |  Link
survivant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmango View Post
Thanks for replying.

I am using mp4 (avc+aac5.1), it works fine but the sound is downmixed to stereo.

My goal is to get 5.1 ac3 sound to play and for this I am trying to output an avchd/bd structure.
The only think that I found to get 5.1 in TSREMUX with mpeg2 or a vob (mux by ffmpeg) but it still mpeg2 for now.
survivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.