Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th June 2007, 17:40   #321  |  Link
Zagolski
Registered User
 
Zagolski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Russia, Moscow
Posts: 16
dmz01
We very wait.
Zagolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2007, 18:08   #322  |  Link
moshmothma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
I'm working on MKV input now. Maybe afterwards.
Thanks for all your work DMZ01. If you are looking for input, I would vote for the muxer before mkv.
Your work is definitely appreciated!!
moshmothma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 00:56   #323  |  Link
Alkasar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshmothma View Post
Thanks for all your work DMZ01. If you are looking for input, I would vote for the muxer before mkv.
Your work is definitely appreciated!!
it's pretty easy to mux elementary streams to mkv with existing tools.
it's also pretty easy to demux mkv to elementary streams for TSRemux to mux.
Either way will do.
Deliver the easyest first, dmzerone

cheers
Alkasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 01:24   #324  |  Link
TEB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Palmcoast of Norway
Posts: 276
Hi. I have a strange .ts capture laying on the disc with 2 different videopids, and 1 audio. Tho TSremux says its 1 video and 2 audio.
When i remux the stream and keep all the components, the new filesize is downed by like 30%..
When i remove 1 of the audio pids, the filesize is also downed by 30%...
Both files cant be read by VLC, tho the origional can.. I chose .ts 188bytes.
First remux can be read fine by Powerdvd 7.3, but the latter with 1 audiostream removed jumps like crazy in powerdvd 7.3..
Something fishy is going on..

Check ure pm for dl info.

br t

Last edited by TEB; 17th June 2007 at 01:33.
TEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 08:33   #325  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkasar View Post
it's pretty easy to mux elementary streams to mkv with existing tools.
it's also pretty easy to demux mkv to elementary streams for TSRemux to mux.
Either way will do.
Deliver the easyest first, dmzerone
The problem with demuxing MKV is that you lose the timestamps. That can be a problem if the timestamps cannot be fully recovered. This can happen sometimes. E.g. if you demux the Equilibrium HD-DVD video track and try to remux it via mp4box or mkvtoolnix, the video plays shorter than the original. That's because demuxing loses the timestamps.

dmz01, I hope you can preserve the MKV timestamps in your MKV input solution? That would be important IMHO.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 14:18   #326  |  Link
phaeton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7
I think that is what he will do I doubt that something which will take just elementary streams out of MKV and into TS would hardly be useful We wait dmz01, we wait!
phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 16:07   #327  |  Link
Gavroche
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
I vote for a TS muxer, will be useful to mux VC-1 and AC3 cause XMuxerPro didn't recognize vc1 at 23.796 correctly
Gavroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 16:13   #328  |  Link
colinhunt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 962
As far as I know, writing a full-blown muxer is very difficult. That's why there are large companies who sell their muxers for plenty of $$$. It would certainly be great if TsRemux included a muxer one day, but I feel it's probably a bit too much to ask for.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 20:04   #329  |  Link
baudi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
What exactly do you mean by framerate changer? What are you trying to achieve?
I mean a new option so that one can change the video framerate from a .ts container to another output framerate in also a .ts file. For example 23.976fps to 25fps.

Similar to ReStream utility with MPEG2 and like mkvmerge with any codec (in the "Timecodes:" control).

It would be great to multiplex the .ts video stream with an AC3/DTS audio from a PAL DVD. Thank you again.
baudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 21:34   #330  |  Link
dmz01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudi View Post
I mean a new option so that one can change the video framerate from a .ts container to another output framerate in also a .ts file. For example 23.976fps to 25fps.

Similar to ReStream utility with MPEG2 and like mkvmerge with any codec (in the "Timecodes:" control).

It would be great to multiplex the .ts video stream with an AC3/DTS audio from a PAL DVD. Thank you again.
Sorry, but TsRemux does not modify elementary streams. It only repackages them into a new container. What you're asking is something that would require elementary stream modification and would require muxing from scratch.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 03:40   #331  |  Link
dmz01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 213
New Version 0.0.16:

Bug fix release. Fixes most bugs reported by various users. Thank you for your samples that allowed me to find and fix those bugs.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 06:57   #332  |  Link
colinhunt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 962
Thank you! I'll set up a mirror for the new version, just in case.

Here: http://www.box.net/shared/xajh1s4tgj

Last edited by colinhunt; 19th June 2007 at 07:00.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 09:34   #333  |  Link
oldpainless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 58
dmz01

Just a quickie to ask how things are comming along with the MKV input?....

Regards

Kevin
oldpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 13:52   #334  |  Link
dmz01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpainless View Post
dmz01

Just a quickie to ask how things are comming along with the MKV input?....

Regards

Kevin
It's not a quick thing. Be patient. Maybe around two more weeks. Remember I do have a regular job.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 14:10   #335  |  Link
oldpainless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
It's not a quick thing. Be patient. Maybe around two more weeks. Remember I do have a regular job.
That soon...Cool...

Kevin
oldpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 19:34   #336  |  Link
b_squared
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 14
Chapters

dmz01,

how hard would it be for you to take a text file as an input specifying the chapter boundaries?

I have some Jools Holland episodes in HD here (ripped from my Dish DVR) that'd like to make mini-BDs out of, with the different performances indexed by chapters.

Thanks a lot for all your work so far. Amazing stuff!
b_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 00:47   #337  |  Link
Alkasar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
The problem with demuxing MKV is that you lose the timestamps. That can be a problem if the timestamps cannot be fully recovered. This can happen sometimes. E.g. if you demux the Equilibrium HD-DVD video track and try to remux it via mp4box or mkvtoolnix, the video plays shorter than the original. That's because demuxing loses the timestamps.

dmz01, I hope you can preserve the MKV timestamps in your MKV input solution? That would be important IMHO.
oh yes it is very important.
We struggle a lot with desynchonisations issues on our work to remux mkv to TS to play with our set-top box (freeboxHD).
link here (French only).
Our mkv2ts tool is targeted on mkvs with h264 video. The steps are : demux the original mkv to elementary streams, mux the h264 to mp4 and use mainconcept/elecard directshow filters to mux to TS. This does a much better job than XmuxerPro.

Curiously, a working solution to fix sync issues, is to cut a few seconds out of initial mkv with mkvmerge and process the rest with our tool. I have no idea what this fixes, but it works.
Alkasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 04:30   #338  |  Link
phaeton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7
Alkasar, is there any way on getting some English instructions on how to use your tool? Is there a way to automate it around a large amount of files?
phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 13:59   #339  |  Link
oldpainless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaeton View Post
Alkasar, is there any way on getting some English instructions on how to use your tool? Is there a way to automate it around a large amount of files?
I've tried it.....
oldpainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 18:37   #340  |  Link
smekoslav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 20
I am trying to demux DD+ audio from m2ts file in order to decode it with eac3to, but I always get an error in eac3to saying Parsing of Dolby Digital headers failed. What am I doing wrong?
smekoslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.