Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 8th May 2004, 23:03   #1  |  Link
blackest_knight

2 avi to 1 dvd conversion

I have 2 m2v tracks and 2 ac3 audio tracks and a couple of srts
I can mux these together (ifo edit) but i have two sets of identically named vobs
and ifo files
what i want to do is put them both on the same dvd so they play 1 after the other.
sounds like fun any idea's or do i need to burn two disks
incidentally i orginally had avi but used tmpgenc to create suitably sized m2v files and i took the ac3 out of the avi with virtual dub mod
I have no idea why (the first half was easy) i couldnt mux my 2nd set of ac3 files.

well can i just rename my 2nd set of vobs 2_0 ect ?
heres hoping someone has an answer

regards

bk
blackest_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2004, 23:37   #2  |  Link
ShaneZ
Tuna of the Dirt

Should just be a matter of authoring it in your favorite software (Maestro or Scenarist). You should be able to load both sets of video and audio clips on a track and mux it all together.
Old 9th May 2004, 01:47   #3  |  Link
Matthew
jdgljlfljg

IFOEdit/Rejig don't support multiple titles, which is what you want.

You can either merge the audio/video assets and then author (pain in the backside, and a/v sync issues arise), or use another authoring app like those suggested above, or maybe DVDlab (as it has a downloadable 30 day trial unlike Maestro/Scenarist).
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2004, 14:33   #4  |  Link
blackest_knight

yes i think tmpgenc is capable of merging the assets although I need to spend a little time investigating this gem of a program.
It is excellent at recoding from avi thats for sure.

I have to admire the quality of divX encoding I have been surprised to find that 2 hours of video can be shrunk to 700 meg an impressive achievement pity most dvd players would choke on a divX film.

I need to find some good asset merging splitting tools preferably ones that don't leave me wondering if they are doing something or have crashed. I have 3 hours of Baby home video to recode into something watchable.
( you start off thinking nice cute baby by the end you wish the brat had never been born)
Nero seems to have some kind of chapter detection has anyone successfully used it to create chapter points.

I need to do something with this footage preferably before the baby goes to college.

regards
BK
blackest_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2004, 01:07   #5  |  Link
Matthew
jdgljlfljg

Quote:
Originally posted by blackest_knight
yes i think tmpgenc is capable of merging the assets
The first audio and video streams have to be the same length though to avoid a/v sync issues, that's why IMO it's better to use an authoring app that supports multiple titles.
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote