Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 11th July 2003, 20:34   #1  |  Link
DrivenByDemons

PAL 25fps progressive -> NTSC DVD

Man, I have a headache. I searched and read and think I get it but *JUST WANT TO BE SURE* (I don't want to be /That Guy/ that swears he read everything only to ask a stupid question). Does this sound right??? Resize to 720x480, change frame rate to 24fps progressive, run pulldown so DVD player will telecine for me, re-sample audio to 48kHz and mux it all up!!! Please note, all I have is an MPEG-2 stream of the video. This is not a PAL-DVD to NTSC-DVD conversion...
DrivenByDemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2003, 21:06   #2  |  Link
Kika

If the source for the PAL-Videos was Film, than your Way is right.
There's only a chance to get trouble with the Sound.
As an Example: If i'm transcoding Film-Source to PAL, i do a speed up to the Audio-Part and do correcting the Pitch. So the PAL-Version sounds exactly like the original. If you do a simple slow down to 23.976 on such source, you do pitch down the Audio too.
That's a thing, you must try. I have also seen Film->PAL-Conversions without pitching the Sound. In this case, you have to do nothing special to it.
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2003, 21:49   #3  |  Link
DrivenByDemons

S-w-e-e-t, thanks for confirming what I thought I needed to do. (BTW, audio is CAKE compared to the options needed for video so I'm not too worried about that...)
DrivenByDemons is offline   Reply With Quote