View Single Post
Old 6th September 2008, 10:00   #6083  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
With the help of Elektra999 I have dts samples with atypical channel map.
The samples was encoded with DTS PRO SERIES SURROUND ENCODER.
Only 3/2.0 and 3/2.1 was encoded with Surcode.

Code:
AMODE   Ch  Arrangement+lfe  Mask and MS channels order  Detect-MaskCh eac3to  libav remap   ArcSoft problems
-------- -  ---------------  --------------------------  --------------------  -----------   ----------------
0b000010 2  L R              0x0003  FL FR               2.0   0x000B  (1)     not needed    ok
0b000110 3  L R S            0x0103  FL FR BC            2/1   0x0103  ok      not needed    BC ch empty
         4  L R S  LFE       0x010B  FL FR LF BC         2/1.1 0x010B     (2)  -0,1,3,2,4,5  BC ch empty (3)
0b001000 4  L R Ls Rs        0x0033  FL FR BL BR         2/2   0x0033  ok      not needed    BL+BR ch's empty
         5  L R Ls Rs LFE    0x003B  FL FR LF BL BR      2/2.1 0x003B     (2) -0,1,4,2,3,5   LF ch empty
0b000101 3  C L R            0x0007  FL FR FC            3/0   0x000F  (1)(2) -1,2,0,3,4,5   ok
         4  C L R LFE        0x000F  FL FR FC LF         3.1   0x000F     (2) -1,2,0,3,4,5   ok
0b000111 4  C L R S          0x0107  FL FR FC BC         3/1   0x0107     (2) -1,2,0,3,4,5   BC ch empty
         5  C L R S  LFE     0x010F  FL FR FC LF BC      3/1.1 0x010F     (2) -1,2,0,4,3,5   LF same than BC
0b001001 5  C L R Ls Rs      0x0037  FL FR FC BL BR      5.0   0x003F  (1)(2) -1,2,0,3,4,5   ok
         6  C L R Ls Rs LFE  0x003F  FL FR FC LF BL BR   5.1   0x003F  ok      already done  ok

(1) Wrong mask, the correct mask can be easyly put based in detection
(2) When decoded with libav need remapping channels.
(3) Same remap than libav needed.
Thank you!!

The next eac3to version will fix the incorrect channel masks and implement channel remapping for libav and ArcSoft. Here's how the different DTS decoders work with these samples:

- libav works fine
- ArcSoft works fine, but splits mono surround channel (x1x.dts) into Ls/Rs pair with half volume each
- Sonic heavily dislikes mono surround channel (crash or funny results), but works fine for the other tracks
- Nero works fine

Not sure yet how I should handle ArcSoft's mono surround channel splitting. Should eac3to keep ArcSoft's Ls/Rs pair? Or should I remove one of those channels and double the volume of the other to reconstruct the original mono surround channel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshmothma View Post
Madshi, thanks for the recent update. I was able to complete operations on the NIN BD. However, the video pixelates heavily. I am not sure what is going on. Do you want another sample? Thanks
IIRC I had no pixelation. Decoding worked just fine for me with the MS VC-1 decoder. Which decoder are you using? NIN is interlaced and the ffmpeg/libav decoder (and also the MPC HC built in decoder) don't handle interlaced decoding correctly yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon crusher View Post
Those 2 are uploading to mediafire right now.
Thanks! This very much looks like an authoring fault. One and the same audio track suddenly changes from TrueHD to AC3 and another audio track suddenly changes from AC3 to TrueHD. I'm not sure how to handle that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaja1 View Post
Remuxing Welcome to Dongmakgol Blu-ray to mkv results in async audio.

The resulting DTS track is not in sync with the video. The original stream is in sync.

Remarkably, the WMV decoder is not capable of proper playback of the m2ts, artefacts all over. Ffdshow however, has no problems with the video.

A sample can be found at:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/71uipv
I don't see any artifacting here with the sample you uploaded. WMV decoder? What's that? You may want to install the latest Windows Media Player to get the latest MS VC-1 decoder. This in combination with the latest Haali version results in perfect video playback on my PC.

About the DTS track: The sample is rather short and doesn't really help much with checking the correct audio delay. I don't see an obvious "desync", but it's hard to say from that sample. How did you test audio sync? Have you transcoded the DTS track to something else? Have you muxed it into some container? The audio sync mismatch could be introduced by the filters you're using for playback or by the way you muxed things. Of course it could also be introduced by eac3to. Can't say for certain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Hmm, getting the weirdest error (see below for full output): "The channel modder was started with incorrect parameters." What is up with that? And how do I fix it?
Can you please run "eac3to 1) 3: c:\video\devils.ac3 -logdts"? It seems that the DTS track is decoded by Sonic only as 5.1 although it's a 6.1 track (which results in that strange eac3to error you've seen). I'd like to know why it's only decoded as 5.1. My guess is that it's one of those rare DTS tracks with a slightly unusual format. The "-logdts" parameter should tell me that. Thanks!