View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:08   #4744  |  Link
Sephiroth_FF

A few features requests

So glad to see my favorite player is going to get new features!

I do know there was a couple of questions about HDR a few pages ago but, most of it was about HDR to SDR conversion and I was wandering if there is any plan to also support native HDR monitors too? In Windows 10, I can enable "Play HDR games and apps" in "Windows HD Colors settings" and VLC will output HDR video files natively to my monitor. Though, it would maybe require MPDN to have a DirectX 12 renderer?

Speaking of DX12, I have seen some of the amazing new scaler samples and since DX12 has support for explicit multi-gpu, could MPDN use multiple gpus for the rendering and shave off even more more milliseconds or even nearly halve the compute time? My computer has two 1080Ti in SLI and a 980Ti for PhysX and I would love if MPDN could use it all!

Finally, would be awesome to have Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-based audio output to the new Windows Spatial Sound API like Windows Sonic, etc.

Sorry for making so many requests but MPDN has always been the most cutting edge player for me and I am super happy development might pick up again and a big thank to all who worked on this amazing player!
Sephiroth_FF is offline   Reply With Quote