View Single Post
Old 18th March 2008, 22:11   #7  |  Link
2themax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
What I am going to attempt to do (although not 100% sure yet if it can be accomplished, although with everything I've read and heard it should be with Profile 1.1) is this:

1. Have a main video and audio stream playing.
2. Call a pop-up menu.
3. Select a PIP option.
4. Have the main video pause as a secondary video and audio stream start within a PIP window. There will be a 'Fullscreen' button under the PIP window.
5. If the button is pressed the video will go fullscreen with new buttons appearing 'PIP Window' and 'Resume'.
6. If the 'Resume' button is clicked or the end of the secondary video stream is reached, the main video reappears (or PIP window vanishes) and the main video continues playing from where it paused.

Now as far as I'm aware using the current tools (Scenarist HDMV or Blu-Print) and playing it on a Profile 1.1-capable player (PS3) this should all be possible. The only problem for me really is finding the time to attempt it all and most importantly fiddle with all the little things that are sure to frustrate me along the way of getting to the end result. Has anyone else attempted anything like this yet?

Secondary audio has to be DTS Express or Dolby Digital Plus? I read that it had be to LPCM wav only? I'm not sure I've run across any programs to convert aac/ac3 to those formats. I thought DD+ was just an enhanced ac3 format, although a normal ac3 audio file won't load as a secondary audio file. (Unless you need a primary audio track or something first.)
I've done synchronous PIP, your attempting asynchronous, but should be possible. I think the concept is to have asynchronous PIP playing from the local storage or the network and not from the disc.

DTS Express and Dolby Digital Plus are the only 2 supported secondary audio codecs. I checked this morning in the spec to make sure it did not change and it didn't. LPCM is only available as primary or button audio.
2themax is offline   Reply With Quote