Thread: DG NV tools
View Single Post
Old 9th April 2010, 13:18   #1382  |  Link
JoeH

I use DGIndexNV + AVFS to edit H264 AVS files in Sony Vegas. For rendering it is fantastic, and goes over 25% faster than if I use an intermediate codec.

But, Sony Vegas Pro draws the thumbnails on the timeline quite slowly - it takes about 10 seconds to draw the timeline. If I need to move around the timeline a lot, this is a serious problem. If I use an intermediate codec it basically paints the thumbnails on the timeline instantaneously, but of course requires serious disk space.

So, this is a question / feature request about DGIndexNV. I don't know if the cause of the slowness is that DGIndexNV is not optimized for the type of quick "seeking" throughout an entire file that timeline thumbnails require, or if my GT 9500 is simply too slow for this type of application, or if AVFS is causing a bottleneck.

But, I wanted to throw this problem out here to see if you, neuron2, or anyone else had any ideas if there is anything I can do to improve the performance, or if this is something DGIndexNV could be improved on ("quick seeking", I guess), to suggest it as a feature request.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote