View Single Post
Old 20th January 2009, 15:29   #7943  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
madshi, what about adding option to downmix to 6.1ch (-down7)?
Which downmix method should I use for that? Should I just combine the both back channels to one? Or should the back channels also partially be mixed into the side channels? That's the main problem with downmixing: Figuring out which mixing matrix should be used exactly. I don't want to add something new, if I'm not sure that I'm doing it the right way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy97 View Post
Is it possible when retreiving the features of a bluray disc to get more then 8?
eac3to is not limited to 8 titles. It lists 500 titles, if there are so many on the Blu-Ray disk. However, only titles with a runtime of 15 minutes or longer are listed. The reason for that is that there are quite a lot of Blu-Ray discs which have literally hundreds of titles. If I'd list all of them, the command prompt memory would run over so even if you scrolled up, you wouldn't see the movie's main title, anymore. So I *have* to set a runtime limit somewhere. Or else we'll be flooded with unneeded titles. Of course it's not nice if short films are missing in the title list. But with Blu-Ray there's no way for eac3to to know which titles are important and which aren't. So eac3to is strictly looking for a specific minimum runtime of 15 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Simple. I asked eac3to to combine and extract a the main VC-1 stream, like:

eac3to 1) 2: c:\video\amg.vc1

I then remux with tsMuxeR, as I always do. Seems like each of the multipart m2ts files has its own duration index (or so it seems). As a result, the length of the entire movie is set to the length of the first part (~13 mins).
So the problem is most probably caused by tsMuxeR and not by eac3to. You can try playing the demuxed "amg.vc1" file, does it also stop at 13 min? Probably not. Or ask eac3to to mux the vc1 file to MKV. Does that MKV also stop playing at 13 min? Probably not. So it's probably a bug in tsMuxeR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post
My followup question then, when would the ArcSoft DTS decoder be needed? Is this just when we need to re-encode the DTS to maybe a lower bitrate? And if so then I assume that task would then also require the SurCode DVD–DTS Encoder.
You need to separate decoding and encoding. You need a decoder for decoding and an encoder for encoding. The ArcSoft DTS decoder is needed for best quality DTS-HD decoding. It doesn't matter if you store the decoded data as WAV or if you reencode it to any other format.

Which encoders and decoders are recommended and which need to be supplied externally are documented on the first page of this thread.