View Single Post
Old 25th February 2002, 01:00   #24  |  Link
Joseph2

This thread is getting interesting

To DaSilva
The only file you will need will be FORREST_GUMP_d2v-vfapi.mpv, that must be renamed to .m2v to be imported into Scenarist.
I think Doom9 has a very good guide to support the terrible manual that comes with Scenarist. Go to the "MiniDVD Guide Authoring" and read it carefully. As you will not need any menu, only multiplex the files, it will be much simpler. The steps to be done will be:
- Open an standard project with 1 VTS, defining the appropiate AR (usually 16:9) in the assistant.
- Import the .m2v vile created with CCE.
- Add the desired audio streams you created with DVD2AVI (in the same order they appear after stripping undesired audio/subtitle streams with IfoEdit).
- Import the created subpicture streams. As I told in the beginning of the thread, the simplest and fastest method to import the subtitles in Scenarist is Subrip/Subadjust/MaestroSBT. I think in Maestro it is someway easier. In the Subtitles forum/Doom9 guides you can find additional information about these tools.
- Set the cell/chapter points in the created stream.
- Go back to the scenario editor, and put all the scenes under the same PGC following the appropiate order.
- Finally, multiplex and create the .VOB file collection that will replace the original ones.
That's all. Perhaps the first time it looks a bit complicated, but it's only this first time. Good luck.

To jdobbs
The only reason for me to continue using Scenarist is because I want to keep more than 1 AC3 audio stream. If that was not the case, for sure I will use a simpler multiplexer, because Scenarist is one the least friendly tools I have worked with.
I totally agree with you with the fact that when you work with CCE both in speed and quality, you cannot go back to ReMPEG2.
And one of the best thing in this method is that you avoid reauthoring menus. I also agree that some help from the programmers to simplify the final adjustements would be very welcome.

To grog
All my reencodings with CCE have finished with the exact (or slightly lower) desired filesize. Perhaps you have some trouble with your CCE version or hardware/software configuration. Have you found anything similar in the CCE forum?

Best regards
Joseph2
Joseph2 is offline   Reply With Quote