View Single Post
Old 24th February 2002, 14:53   #21  |  Link
jdobbs

Joseph2

I think you're onto something here. I'm playing with it, and I think with a little software support this could be a way to get to the "quality quick-copy" method everyone is looking for. I've been ignoring most of these IFOEdit threads because, let's face it, the quality of the output from ReMPEG2 sucks big time when compared to almost EVERY other encoder.

I'm in the middle of trying this using SpruceUp (it is just so damn simple to use) to create the VOB (after CCE encodes it), SpruceUp is limited to one audio stream, but that's all I ever use.

What I've done in the past is use ChapterXtractor to create a list of chapter start times, and then just mark those points (in SpruceUp)as chapters before multiplexing (creating the VOBs). SpruceUp appears to create one cell per chapter during VOB creation. I just copied the CCE based VOB (minus the VTS_01_0.VOB where menus are typically kept) into the original's VIDEO_TS directory and was surprised to see how much worked as-is (of course the chapters are off). I'm going to go through with IFOEdit now and see what happens.

Hope this method pans out and gets some support from the programmers. Many of us have spent a lot of time copying pieces of menus and reauthoring from scratch just to get some decent quality on my DVD backups...
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote