Originally Posted by Neo-XP View Post
No, the image is cleaner with it off.

Here is what RCA can do at 4 with grain added to a pretty bad source :

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/121322

I really like the result in motion, no more disturbing artifacts
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
I tried to play the same file from my Win10 VM on the Mac and the menu played fine, whether XySubFilter was selected or not.

So I did some debugging on the HTPC and realized that in order to NOT have the issue, I had to select anything but D3D11 in LAV Video configuration (on the MacBook Pro VM it works fine with D3D11 too).

If I select any other hardware acceleration option on the HTPC (I tried none and DXVA2 Copy-back), the menu displays perfectly both with XySubFilter and with another subtitle option.

Does that make any sense to you/NevCairiel?
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, at least not if madVR would be at fault. I'm not sure if LAV does anything differently for DVD menus when using D3D11 decoding, that would be a question for nevcairiel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
Cool. Are you planning to sell it for money?
If you're not a plugin for a free and simple image editor would be far more accessible for people like me who only use these casually.
Photoshop plugins are supported by several Windows photo tools. So it makes the most sense. Any other plugin type is specific to only one tool, which makes no sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzso View Post
I'd like to note that madVR takes away a lot of potential shortcuts by not allowing a bunch of valid characters on my keyboard, by falsely claiming they're invalid
At some point madVR is going to just record which keys you press. But I didn't have the time to properly implement that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oguignant View Post
Hi, one question, in "display mode-> list all displa modes madvr may switch". Is there any way to specify the bits? For example, some way to automaticaly change from 2160 60Hz 8-bit to 2160 23Hz 12-bit? Without going to the nvidia panel, of course...
Not planned for the near future, sorry. Maybe when I re-design the display mode selection page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
I went to custom modes setting in Madvr and tested some optimised modes: for every mode I got
"GPU driver rejected this mode, for unknown reason".

Even for the default modes (CTA, CTF, ...) I got the same error.
My PC has been doing this for a long time already. I don't know how to fix it. Nvidia GPU driver problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkauff View Post
A question for owners of 4K TVs or monitors. Does a 1080p Blu-ray upscaled with madVR look very much better than it does on a 1080p TV/monitor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
This really comes down to the size of the TV you want to buy. If your talking about 65 inch then yes its worth to move up to 4k. If your on a 55 inch then maybe not so unless you want to take advantage of HDR
It comes down to viewing angle! If you sit very far away from a 65 inch TV, then 4K won't help. If you sit very very close to a 30 inch TV, then 4K will be helpful. The highest benefit is probably for projection users because they usually have the biggest viewing angles.

If you do sit "close enough", then a 1080p Blu-Ray upscaled to 4K with madVR should look better than using a 1080p display. How much better will depend on the exact viewing angle, the quality of the 1080p Blu-Ray (the higher the better) and the sensitivity of your eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
After updating to Windows 10 Fall update, exclusive fullscreen mode no longers works just black video with audio. I am using MPC-BE. Hardware acceleration is set to DXVA2 (copy-back).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexian View Post
I started having this problem a few weeks ago with no change I could point to. Since then I upgraded to the latest versions of pretty much everything -
madVR 0.92.5 then 0.92.7 today
mpc-hc 1.17.11 then 1.17.13 today
Lav 0.70.2
nvidia 287.92 (updated from 285.xx today)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandronb View Post
Hi guys. Just did a fresh install of windows 10 fall creators update, and installed mpc and madvr. video plays fine but when i enter fullscreen it goes black. Sound is playing and i can see the mouse pointer, but no video. When i leave fullscreen the buttons of mpc are all black
Please downdate to 385.x drivers. The 387.x/388.x drivers are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima123 View Post
As we know, there are much more blocky when video is in motion than static views, especially if the video stream is poorly encoded, like constant bitrate for both scenes. Is it possible for some kind of adaptive strength or algorithm been applied to RCA in the future?
Maybe, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar42 View Post
Looking "better" is subjective. I'd be inclined to answer that no amount of upscaling can actually make something look "better" than the original, unscaled content. Others' opinions on the matter may differ. But I'd say that a 1080p quality screen is the best place to watch 1080p content.
Sorry, but that's incorrect. All else being equal, given 1080p vs 4K displays with "perfect fillrate", watching 1080p content on a 1080p display is 100% identical to watching 1080p content on a 4K display using Nearest Neighbor upscaling. And Nearest Neighbor upscaling is probably the worst algorithm to upscale an image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushantao View Post
@madshi

Code:
https://www.dropjiffy.com/f/0XGTIKYO
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/dkNGYNV38NGAY
http://katfile.com/xfn10nq0r9xp
3 url,same file

thx for your reply,wish this bug to be fixed
Hmmmm... That's pretty weird. It's a crash in the OS "DXGI" dll. Don't know how to solve this right now. But it only occurs if you suspend/resume your PC, right? In that case I don't consider it crucially important right now, to be honest...

Last edited by madshi; 25th October 2017 at 22:10.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote