View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2017, 14:51   #1  |  Link
monohouse

I am new and I have a few general questions

I like avisynth, I am using avisynth+ on windows x64.
I am using it to clean up an interlaced MPEG2.
for now I am using daa3 for removing interlacing
Code:
(nn      = c.nnedi3(field=-2,nsize=6,nns=4,qual=2,pscrn=4,fapprox=0))
but I am not yet sure if it is better to use QTGMC (I also tested mcdaa3 by using his daa3mod function but his results were not so good)
I am also doing the best I can to do noise reduction, after some testing
Code:
MCTemporalDenoise(p=pre,search=3, searchparam=4, pel=4, pelsearch=4, bwbh=512, owoh=256, blksize=4, overlap=2, edgeclean=false, radius=5, twopass=true, useTTmpSm=true,limit=1,limit2=1,stabilize=true,maxr=1,TTstr=1,sigma=0,sharp=false,protect=false,AA=false,deblock=false,post=0,chroma=true,interlaced=false,GPU=true,precision=2,bt=4,enhance=false)
gives the best quality (I also tried knlCL but he makes stains)
I may use some sharpening later but I haven't decided that yet (3 of 4 sharpeners I tested increase noise, the only one who doesn't is MSharpen but has some other small problems)
the result is to be encoded into lossless x264 with:
Code:
x264.2851.x86_64.exe --qp 0 --level 6.
2 --ref 16 --bframes 16 --b-adapt 2 --8x8dct --mixed-refs --direct auto --slow-f
irstpass --no-fast-pskip --me tesa --merange 24 --partitions all --rc-lookahead
60 --subme 11 --trellis 2
1. when MCTD is running twopass=true, is it recommended/benefitial to use p=pre ? or is it that twopass already does that ?
2. I know that x264 lossless is lossless regardless of --pass 2/--pass 3 (multipass x264 encoding) and I know that many use --pass 2 to control file size. if I don't care about variances in file size but do care about reducing file size, should I use --pass 2/3 ?
3. is MCTD() (the mod) better than MCTemporalDenoise() ?
4. is QTGMC() better than daa3() ? the source has not only interlacing but also aliasing and flicker (flicker I couldn't find a way to remove without causing other problems

Last edited by monohouse; 22nd November 2017 at 15:00.
monohouse is offline   Reply With Quote