madshi
Registered Developer

eac3to v2.45 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* Blu-Ray angles are now reported as separate titles
* duplicate playlists are not listed in the "folder view", anymore
* reduced TrueHD and RAW/PCM gap/overlap threshold to 7ms
* reduced (E-)AC3 gap/overlap threshold to 60% of the runtime of one audio frame
* reduced MP2 gap/overlap threshold to 60% of the runtime of one MP2 frame
* reduced DTS threshold to 60% of the runtime of one DTS frame, but at least 7ms
* fixed: Blu-Ray chapter export sometimes wrote incorrect "00:00:00.000" items
* improved handling of MPEG2 streams (changes from interlaced to progressive)
* video information now shows "with pulldown flags", if applicable
* removed "-ignoreDiscon" from help; hint is shown when a discontinuity occurs
* added "-ignoreEncrypt" option; hint is shown when a source is encrypted
* new option "-extensible" creates WAV files with a slightly different header
* fixed some smaller bugs
Notes:

(1) As demanded, I've noticably decreased the audio gap/overlap thresholds. For most audio tracks the threshold is only 7ms now. If you run into any trouble with this (e.g. gaps/overlaps reported in situations where you didn't expect it), please let me know. Also if it works well for you, I'd also like to hear about it and maybe see some success logs. Thanks!

(2) Please note that MPEG2 handling of problematic streams has improved, but I still not to improve it further. As an explanation: Many MPEG2 streams are 60i. Some of them are natively interlaced, others are movies. Movies are often encoded as 24p but with pulldown flags. HD DVD uses this method. Now the problem is this: Sometimes a stream begins as 24p with pulldown flags but then suddenly switches to natively 60i interlaced. Or the other way round. Some streams even switch multiple times. Of course we want eac3to to handle 24p movies with pulldown flags as 24p. But doing this runs into problems when the stream suddenly switches to 60i interlaced content. Currently any stream with changes between 24p (with pulldown flags) and 60i is not handled in the best possible way by eac3to. I still need to improve that. But at least processing is not aborted, anymore, if there's such a change in the stream. The previous eac3to version aborted in such a situation. That means with v2.45 you can at least use eac3to for demuxing video and for handling the audio streams etc...

(3) I've heard that TsMuxer complains about eac3to's WAV files. Something like "channel mapping information missing". You can now use the new "-extensible" switch to make eac3to write slightly different WAV headers. This may satisfy TsMuxer (or not).