View Single Post
Old 17th March 2010, 21:18   #203  |  Link
JoshyD

@neuron2
You can compile 64bit binaries without a 64bit operating system, you just can't test them without a 64bit computer/os The ease of porting the build will depend on how much it relies on assembly language, always considering pointers as the same length as an int, etc. If you want to try, I can find you some good reading material.

Also, isn't dg nv tools written in CUDA? I'm not super-familiar with compiling it, is it done via a custom NVIDIA compiler? If that's the case, and it only uses NVIDIA specific language references (I know CUDA is C like, or something) then it may be as easy as changing your compile target architecture to x64.

A little background info on how it's written, and I think I can get you going . . .

@Audionut
That error (the MT plugin is written in russian originally, I think?) usually happens when something goes wrong in the script you're trying to invoke. Syntax error, filter not loaded, something little is missing. That's really the only place in the code I see that error, so I don't know what to tell you. Something's throwing an exception in your chain.

@osgZach
Thread deadlock should be resolved by tonight. I'm pretty sure it's a result of me giving the compiler free reign to add parallelism where it *thinks* it is safe. I think I've mentioned this in an earlier post, compilers are stupid, I shouldn't have trusted it, but oh well. I can thread it all by hand eventually, but that's not my main concern. I'm working on some performance tweaks here and there that should make everyone smile.

Last edited by JoshyD; 17th March 2010 at 21:25.
JoshyD is offline   Reply With Quote