View Single Post
Old 1st March 2007, 05:07   #4  |  Link
DewAsmara

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroBeMaus View Post
Thanks. I know about the 720x480 resolution, my goal was more along these lines. My bud has a 1080 HDTV screen, and 720p material has black borders on the sides 1080 stuff does not.

I was trying to avoid that, but not have a funny looking video.
Hi There,
There is no magic formula in result improving film details. But I have been tested some DVD that rip into 720p DivX HD using DivX Converter 6.2xx and believe me some picture result bad, and some pretty much improved. But in actual it will result the same. Like in the Sin City that in actual recorded using HD Camera (en.wikipedia.org) when you convert into DivX HD it will show some improvement in details. But bad recording technology like some budget movie doesn't show improvement and makes more jaggies when play in my 32 inch LCD HDTV. Funny things is when I convert remastered THX Indiana Jones series into DivX HD, it show much improvement in details, especially on session when Indy father look into his son when he safe from falling tank, his father face behind glasses looks like in reality and very sharp detail.
DewAsmara is offline   Reply With Quote