View Single Post
Old 12th April 2014, 13:27   #75  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
Anyways, I added the track manually.
Both mkv's show hiccups. Also major a/v sync issues. In the beginning of all 3 version av sync is ok. Exact point I dont know, but at half of all 3 versions video runs after audio for I think half a second or so. I didn't have this with the HD audio versions.
ok. now we know the video produced the hiccups. I think the gaps are not processed correctly. i try to figure out how works the "time-code-file". In the DVDMenuXtractor program such files are generated and processed in mmg. Maybe this will be the solution.

Quote:
Still seems MPC-HC has some serious SUP problems, at least within mkv. VLC plays them fine. How is the order of different streams anyway? First the file has to go through a demuxer/splitter, I guess. Then audio and video go to their respective decoders?
yes.

Quote:
But what about subs? Are they handled in an own different way or something? I can't understand why MPC-HC does show most of the subtitles, but some of them not.
What does seem is that the subs that are displayed stay in sync with video though (not with audio).
mmh im not sure, but the subs are decoded and displayed by MPC-HC. in the option of mpc-hc -> playback -> open settings you find a checkbox "Auto-load subtitles". this is necessary for the subs.

before there was a bluray, I have the subs loaded with VSFilter. (turned off auto-load). but only mpc-hc can cause wide bluray sups.
but there was an issue. if I jump through the video the sups are not correctly displayed.
often is the last shown sup shows twice before the next sup displayed. or no sup will be displayed for a short time (20 secs).
then i installed madVR and the sup issues are almost gone. madVR is a video renderer and you can after installing it set on the option in mpc-hc in the playback->output->page.(only 32bit)
Attached Images

Last edited by hubblec4; 12th April 2014 at 13:35.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote