View Single Post
Old 13th February 2019, 19:18   #27  |  Link
brazen1

I'm using 416.81. It switches HDR mode including at panel level (auto increases backlight, etc.) with no problems and behaves with 3D stereoscopic switching perfectly as well. This includes the resolution change bug from 2160p to 1080p and vice versa postage stamp issue many experience. I do edit the installer to use 388.59 HD Audio driver because every audio driver since has multichannel problems under certain conditions. I've tried every driver release after these and none of them passthrough HDR to all players and the audio problem persists. DVDFab Media Player v.3 to be exact. Using madVR compatible players like MPC-HC/BE were also hit and miss until using this combination. A good fallback if you don't want to edit the installer is 385.28, an older driver. The advantage to using the newer combination is frame drops that you can count in madVR's OSD. For most that do not use a reclock method of some sort, you will get a frame drop every 4.37 mins. This has always been the norm for nVidia. The improvement using this newer combo is the drops decrease to one every 13 mins or so. This improvement is only using 3D though. 2D still drops one every 4.37 mins. Many are using newer drivers and reporting no problems except they are confined to very limited use with very specific caveats. This combo is much more diverse imo.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote