View Single Post
Old 25th August 2011, 18:31   #83  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Hard to say, but interestingly using the 'reset' one, dispcalGUI reports it as only 99.6% of grayscale values. For 0-128 output=input. For 129-255 output=input-1. Using the 'linear' shows 100% of grayscale input=output 0-255. For all we know, that could just be a bug in dispcalGUI though.

I'm thinking the 'reset' style ramp one must be a legacy thing or misinterpretation, since looking back, that is what older calibration programs like ProfileMaker 5 use.

A Google search came up with the above by a forum poster, but I'm not sure that is correct logic. 8-bit values range from 0-255 (256) which matches up with the 0-255 (256) gradations. Maybe there was a bug in old GPU hardware or drivers which made 8-bit 0x0 null and mapped 0x1 to 0 or was it just a case of poor documentation by Microsoft confusing people? Not something I think you need to worry about now, since there seems to have been a transition at some point to using 65535 as the maximum value in modern calibration software.
I'm just going to follow along with it for now, I have higher things on my priority list (such as getting version 0.6 out) than breaking my head over an imperceptible difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alph@ View Post
version 0,6 work , no error message,the function 'save as 3dlut ' is not available,only 'save ycms script',it's normal?
Tried Update -> Update yCMS? If that doesn't work, it may be a restriction with Windows' security policy. I'll see if I can find a way around that.